Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

My beef with turf wars..

ShinBeatsShinBeats Registered Users 908 Posts
Turf wars is a great idea, and it does add something new to the game. But I must say, it brings out the very worst in people. Teams used to be groups of racers who are all friends and are there to actually enjoy the game. But Turf has turned racers and friends against each other. From what I've seen, all the top teams are cut throat, and even this team I was recently on turned out to be a bunch of snakes..and all of this..to get a special car and some gems? Loyal people are getting kicked out, betrayed, AND screwed out of their prizes and etc.

(This is gonna sound ghey, but,) what happened to actually being a team? What happened to respect for one another as a racer? It's like respect just went out of the window for the sake of getting a shiny new car and some gems. Friends aren't friends anymore over these stupid turf wars. And I don't like it. My team wanted a COPO camaro, and I BEGGED one of my friends to turf with me, and even gauranteed him 5M or a Furai if we didn't get it, and he bailed on us anyway...(i have helped this guy numerous times.)

Turf war has subsequently created more hackers and more people to try and find exploits in the game (IE getting into lower rooms with higher cars in turf,) and divided your fanbase even more. At this point, I don't know if the good outweighs the bad.

Comments

• Options
    StylepointzStylepointz Registered Users 978 Posts
    I agree 100000%
  • Options
    Mseat68Mseat68 Registered Users 40 Posts
    Shin has once again hit the nail directly on the head!! I was on this so called "team" with ShinBeats. There were people on this team that I thought were trusted friends of mine. As it turns out there was absolutely no loyalty, except for most of the guys Shin and I brought with us. People were getting kicked out because they had to work, or they didn't have enough S class to turf all day, not enough money to build 15 BMW's... Whatever the case may be. However, it made me realize something. This game was not designed for everyone to hate each other, and be dictated to get a certain amount of points or else
  • Options
    Mseat68Mseat68 Registered Users 40 Posts
    WTH... I broke my paragraphs apart...
  • Options
    shawnmg82shawnmg82 Registered Users 40 Posts
    That is very accurate, I don't like it either.
  • Options
    Avenger33DKAvenger33DK Registered Users 333 Posts
    Couldn't agree more... We are a bunch of loyal friends and racers who do what we can with the cars we have... For us it's all about having fun and most of all talking to each other about pretty much everything... I have made friends in this game I otherwise would never have met,and for that I am grateful...
  • Options
    CuratorXAngelusCuratorXAngelus Registered Users 30 Posts
    I also agree with this. Feel like it has made it harder to find good loyal trust people to play this game with. Glad I can see there are still decent and loyal honest people that play this game.
  • Options
    MaxedOutMaxedOut Registered Users 206 Posts
    I agree, The Sam ppl winning turf , it's old. And I was on a top 25 team and got cut before I got the winnings but they still got my points , turf is turning out to be a joke ...and they have to cheat to win. Down load part and get n a slower roo and let ur parts load back up...not cool...but guess they have to cheat to win
  • Options
    GvosGvos Registered Users 69 Posts
    I agree, done with turf. I just like to run for fun. It's supposed to be a game to relax, not a Lord Of The Flies convention!
  • Options
    Mud DiggerMud Digger Registered Users 1,928 Posts
    Funny this is being brought up.. I recently changed the direction of my team to a closed door policy. We won't allow just anyone in our team anymore. We have our solid core that communicates with one another,. We respect and trust each other. Maybe one day we will have a full 20 people, but at the moment, I'm happy with the 16 we have. We still rang top 40 haha..
  • Options
    POSTMAN PATPOSTMAN PAT Registered Users 95 Posts
    Last week I thought I had put together a good crew needed a handful of racers to get at least top hundred spot without too much sweat. I log on to collect my prize and noticed I had lost a few top racers. In a couple of hours my team was reduced to nothing with only 4 of us left. Nothing in all the chats we had could have alerted me to the fact, I really thought we all got along but someone was greedy and decided to snatch my racers. I suppose that's why there's rivals in the game name. Anyhow, replenishing my team so if anyone wants to still have fun turfing without the pressure of performing every time, come and sign up in Pony Express, I am hoping to create a team where everyone feels good, has fun and loves to share moments in team chat. It's not the actions of some knobs that are going to spoil my enjoyment of RR. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!
  • Options
    [RR] Foxx[RR] Foxx Moderators 2,164 Posts
    We too have noticed this shift and have plans in the future on how to address it. We cant make the top players stop being cut-throat but we can make it so that being on a team with your friends and having a good time can get you amazing prizes too. We've got new Turf wars, raid races, single player options, and other things all on the list to make this a better experience for you gentle folk.
  • Options
    Old WomanOld Woman Registered Users 2,799 Posts
    Sounds sick