Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Mechanic boost!

MiccMicc Registered Users 7 Posts
This is totally unrealistic. How can you get so much HP in no time, if you otherwise have to spend thousands for upgrades (and also have to wait hours to change upgrades)
Please remove! It destroys bet and pink races!

And please like if you agree.

Comments

• roestreyevroestreyev Registered Users 1,443 Posts
    legalized cheating in my opinion. Give us a few $$ and we'll give you an unfair advantage over people who won't pay...

NHRA and Nascar should try this. Go to Joe Gibbs racing and ask them for 500 000$. For next three races you can put a 400 cu in instead of 358 cu in...
  • eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts
    They have to make money off the game in any way they can and this is a quick and easy way to make funds off of people who don't worry about spending money. The money that goes into the game helps pay for content and releases later on down the road.
    www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
  • mikey pittzmikey pittz Registered Users 391 Posts
    I dont think they should remove this feature, as it does fund their monthly costs to continue this game. Yet the boost is such a little cost that I'd say anyone can afford it..$1.99 can buy you 16 Mech. Boots for a total of 48 Races. Every game, I mean every game has somewhat a "pay for a advantage" and its a marketing feature to business. CIE is smart, very smart.
  • roestreyevroestreyev Registered Users 1,443 Posts
    I agree with gem cars, gem parts (carbon fiber and so), but not mechanical boost. I can choose not to race a gem car, or a car with cf hood. I can tell he's using it before I race against him. But mechanical boost, that's BS...

Let's say you're racing for 10 000$. Do you use a boost for that? I don't! I can make 10k in 10 min racing bots. Not gonna waste gems for 10k race... But if the other guy uses it, I don't stand much of a chance, do I?
    roestreyev wrote: »
    I don't! I can make 10k in 10 min racing bots. Not gonna waste gems for 10k race..
    Quick question, and unrelated to topic,

Did you complete the campaign? Because I did and it was the worst thing i could of done on this game lol.
    Well I learned something new today, appreciate it! I will most definitely start doing that