Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Cheaters still cheating

FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts
Took some time away from the game til the bugs were worked out. Ran across VDUBLUV3 in a yellow Benz. He used the light lag cheat. After the lag, the screen changed and I lost a race no one ever ran.

Sounds like this new company that took over is just as bad as the previous company. As for me...I’m out of here. Check out my garage. Everything is for sale.

Comments

• Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    Hope this helps. That's not a cheat. That's a disconnection or a timeout between the server and one of the devices playing the game. When that happens, it throws a 0.00 in the results screen (unless someone force closes the app during the race...then you'll see a DNF in the results screen). He didn't win, and you didn't lose - it's like the race never happened because, well, it never actually did. If you watch closely the next time that happens (which, to be fair, what I'm about to say is harder to do now), you won't gain any engine damage if your car is set to acquire it, and you won't lose any street credit.

Sorry that you feel that way and want to give up the game because of a bad experience, but, to each their own.

• FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts
    edited November 2017
    Thanks for the reply Roush. I seem to believe though, that is a hack. Simple reason is that it happens, and boom, they leave the room.

I will check my damage and other stats to see if you are correct and get back to you.

Still, just hanging in the lobby’s, I see a lot of talk about cheats and game play issues. Naturally, I am smart enough to take this with a grain of salt. I can only go by my experiences.
  • db147db147 Registered Users 6 Posts
    Something is going on with cheats... it' always the same racers that hit me as soon as I get into the turf races. They get a .001 rt and a time I've never achieved and I get .3 rt, can' hold the revs and they drop as soon as launch and I get a higher time than i ever do. I get 1 out of 10 good races in turf but can hit it every time in practice. Been a long time player and spent a lot of real cash. If 7.0 is not spectacular and still seems like cheats then I'm out.