Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Help!! Plus a warning,I got hacked.

ImmortalRacingImmortalRacing Registered Users 121 Posts
Hi guys, so playing away yesterday, when I got kicked off the game, thought wtf loved back n etc etc and helloooo,, all my cars money and gems were gne. Now idk if ty is a new hack or what, but it's not cool when you have spent hundreds of $$$ on a game. I looked n recent racers and only have level 2 players been played, so I am unsure of what I can do, so I submitted a report to cie games and are hoping they can help get my account back n order.
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    No i never hacked where did you get that idea from???, I bought everything i had with my own REAL money and won the rest in pinks, Growup DJChris23
  • Options
    no all got erased randomly, i got disconnected like somebody else was on my account, then when i managed to log back in, everything was gone.
  • Options
    no1 has any idea of what my password is, I'm telling you, I GOT HACKED! its quite simple mate..
  • Options
    Razoor112Razoor112 Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 222 Posts
    I believe 67 blown nova had the same thing happen, he had Stella's and 4k gems and all his $$ gone
  • Options
    hmm, and did he manage to get his cars, gems and $$$$ back, i was left with 1 stock honda civic and $5, everything gone. and support won't reply for least 5 working days.
  • Options
    GONZOGONZO Registered Users 2,993 Posts
    I email support about this "hack" that I heard about. Here is my question and their reply: ———————————————————— Hello, I am wondering if this hack I've heard about is true. Someone said there's a couple racers (lunnatic23 and hacker 12260) that are doing free races and gaining access to people's accounts and taking their cars, cash and gems. Yes I know they can't transfer the gems but they can buy whatever they want with this access. Should I be concerned about this or is it safe to play? I have a lot of money and time invested into this great game and I'd really hate to have it all taken away from me with no fault of my own. I am on a top 25 team and I want to participate in Turf Wars but I am feeling really reluctant to. Please let me know if I can play without this risk or if there is something going on. I'd really appreciate it. IGN: SIKAS SHYT ———————————————————— Hello, Thank you for contacting Racing Rivals Support! There are only two ways another person can gain access to a Racing Rivals account. 1. Someone has direct access to the device in which the account is loaded 2. Someone has the Apple ID login information of the account owner. The security of the device and Apple ID login info is the sole responsibility of the account owner and the owner is responsible for any activity that occurs on that account. Unfortunately as far as our data is concerned anything that happens on the account is done by the account owner as we are unable to ascertain otherwise, that means that any cars or cash lost in high stakes races is irreversible as per our standard policy. If you find that your Apple ID has been compromised please contact Apple to help regain security of your account. Please make note for future reference the following points: • Do not give out your Game Center username or Game Center password. • Player to player transactions are done at players own risk. • Customer Service will never ask you for your Game Center password. • Update your password if you think someone else knows it. Use a combination of numbers and letters. • DO NOT buy other accounts/cars or accept free accounts/cars. • There are no hidden tracks, special cars, or special parts. Also, please choose a Game Center password that is unique and as difficult as possible for others to know. All the investigations I have done does not point to any IP changes on the account, especially during any "car transfers" which would suggest that the IP the device and account is logged onto is the account owners. If players are somehow hacking accounts we have yet to see evidence, if you have any information on how they may be doing so, please let us know. Please let us know if you have any further questions. Regards, Racing Rivals Support
  • Options
    GONZOGONZO Registered Users 2,993 Posts
    I straight up tell them there may he a hack where hackers steal your info and they pretty much said it's because we would have sold our account. And how can we prove we didn't?? Hopefully CIE digs real deep and finds the hackers and makes things right with us players that pay money to play the game.
  • Options
    that is fully of crap, hackers can hijack remote computer iso info they have to be able to don't they? otherwise i wouldn't be sitting here typing this out because i got hacked, or my account info was used somehow, maybe a worm is on my iPad, but i doubt that is happening, idk.. i dot care anyway, i got my money back from iTunes since apple themselves are helping, NER NER ice, u got fled over…. they are pathetic and care nothing about there customers...
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    So for all the "hack" tickets I investigate, I have yet to find evidence of it. The first thing I check is to see when anything gets "stolen" then I look to see what IP Address is logged onto the account and I cross reference that IP with the account's history. Every single time, it's the players main IP address as was the case of your account Sikas.

And nowhere did we say it's because you sold your account. We simply listed selling accounts as one of the things you should not do along with several other things to avoid to help keep your account secure.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    and to help me out?? oh your not, but hay i dont mind, i have my itunes money back mate, thanks aye... ill just start again now, and hope my cars dont disapear when i get kicked off and rejoin.
  • Options
    Rocking racesRocking races Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 77 Posts
    I agree with this post and what immortalracing is talking about I hate it when u put so much time and effort into this great game I don't say it's crap but cie really do need to step it up be more strict and if someone reports something they jump straight on to it becuz I can guarrentee that in say maybe 3-5 months time this game is going to have no players and it will be the most hated game out (just pointing out) becuz of this cie will have no more games for ppl to play and they could possibly have to shutdown their games and stop making them if ppl r going to hack and glitch. I'm an I.T. Guy but it really isn't hard for ppl that no what they r doing to break a couple of firewalls and gain access quite quickly (depending what firewalls and defences cie has) I'm just putting out that this game is becoming boring and a bad game becuz I'm scared to pay money to buy a quick car and then I lose it too some hacker or glitcher
  • Options
    Goldtop1955Goldtop1955 Registered Users 556 Posts
    Sounds like your trying to scam free cars from cie.
  • Options
    MasterSe7enMasterSe7en Registered Users 39 Posts
    Cie will have a record of his account, it sounds to me like some kind of glitch happened and disassociated his in game account from his itunes username, why are you guys hating on the guy for trying to report a problem? its up to cie if hes a liar or not, but his problem sounds legitimate, he comes here to report a problem, and the second post he gets is that hes a hacker? damn guys chill, like i said, CIE will know wether hes lying or not, they have their records server side.
  • Options
    [RR] Foxx[RR] Foxx Moderators 2,164 Posts
    verifying this currently.
  • Options
    thanks fox, i appreciate any help you can give. iTunes have now disabled my account and i have reopened a new account with iTunes and ice, they are sending me a full refund, but it will take from 4-6 weeks to reach my country.
  • Options
    We have looked into this and we dont see anything particular apparent yet but that doesnt mean we aren't continuing to look.
  • Options
    Thanks again, I'll say wht happened again if I can, idk if it will help, I was playing, lost a car in turf to a dnf, thn I went to race normal, got kicked off the gane(no error -1) came back, all cars, money, gems were gone, same account, an checked recent races and had raced only level 2 racers, like when I first started. It's like all my career that was saved, had been lost. If there was any way you could re sync it back to that day or the day before I would be happy.. Then my data would have been saved.... Maybe it was a glitch, a hack, I'm not too sure, will let you guys check that out obviously...
  • Options
    JdmlowkieJdmlowkie Registered Users 1,200 Posts
    Yo this happen to me too before with my frs r spec with 40k rims n gem paint some asshole took it after I disconnect it from a pinks race but my frs r spec was only thing gone...
  • Options
    Old WomanOld Woman Registered Users 2,799 Posts
    Well u disconnected of course it's gone
  • Options
    Goldtop1955Goldtop1955 Registered Users 556 Posts
    ....... LOL
  • Options
    BootyshockaBootyshocka Registered Users 75 Posts
    Immortal when you logged in did it do the new player video where you had to run the 370z. If your account was jacked and cars taken they would all be greyed out at the bottom. It sounds like you lost sync with your account and it it forced you to start over. This happened to a teammate of mine and to this day CIE can't get the account synced back up. Lost 230mil and a Bunch of cars.
  • Options
    There should be no reason why we can't get an account synced back up unless...

A) They do not provide a Game Center account to us with a Racer on it already. (The only way a Game Center account gets put on our records is if it is linked to a Racer)
    B) The account is already on a Game Center account
    C) They haven't provided us with enough info
    D) We've already switched accounts linked with that Game Center. (We only do this once for legitimate issues not for switching back and forth or account sales)

Bootyshocka, if your friend is saying we aren't able to help I'm curious as to what we told him.

• Options
    Hi, i thought this page was for my own issues, nobody has told me what they are doing, nobody has done anything, my racer name is ImmortalRacing , so are you saying that you can back my account up to the day before this error happened, if so , YES PLEASE that would be great. the topic here has the date this incident happened and i would really love for my cars and money to be restored to the day this happened.
  • Options
    Hi, its been over two week since this problem first happened to my account, and nothing has been done really, i got a reply from my ticket, they asked me what racer i want to change to, I DONT WANT TO CHANGE RACER AS MY ACCOUNT IS STILL ACCESSABLE I JUST WANT MY FREEKN CARS MONEY AND GEMS BACK i wasted, literally over $200 on you buggers and I've still got nothing back! this is disgusting you assholes need to do something to help me! PATHETIC
  • Options
    Hello Ken,

Thank you for contacting Racing Rivals Support!

We're sorry to hear you are having issues with your Racing Rivals account.

Since Racing Rivals does not have a dedicated login system it relies on Apple's Game Center to sync a Racing Rivals account to a device, or multiple devices. Accounts not associated with Apple's Game Center can become de-synched if there is an update or if you need to re-install the App.

In order for us to re-sync an account with your iDevice we will need to replace a racer account that is already associated with a Game Center account. This is because Game Center is an Apple property and we do not have access to Game Center accounts. We only have the nicknames of Game Center accounts that have a Racing Rivals account already associated with it.

Please provide the following:

Game Center Nickname (Not the email address):
    Racer Account on that Game Center (This will be replaced):
    Racer Account you need restored:

If you do not have a Racer associated with Game Center please follow these steps:

1. Close down the Racing Rivals App completely. (Home key twice and swipe app upwards)
    2. Create a login or Log on to Apple's Game Center (You can do this through your iDevice's "Settings").
    3. Relaunch Racing Rivals.
    4. Create a new Racer (Load User). (This may also pull up a racer if that Game Center already has one, if it does skip to the end)
    5. If needs be, go through the tutorial, then create a racer name.
    6. Close down Racing Rivals again. (Home key twice and swipe app upwards)
    7. Reply with the following:

Game Center Nickname (Not the email address):
    Racer Account on that Game Center (This will be replaced):
    Racer Account you need restored:

Once we have the information we will replace the racer account on your Game Center account with the Racer account you want to use. Please note that while each account retains its cars, cash, gems etc., we will be unable to transfer anything from one account to the other.

Regards,
    Racing Rivals Support

THIS DOES NOT HELP MY PROBLEM GET IT SORTED

• Options
    We looked into your account Immortal. What we see is that you lost all your cars in pink slip races spaced out between 4/18 when the account was created and the 4/26. No where do we see any rogue IPs logged nor do we see multiple cars lost in a short time frame that would point to someone hacking your account and taking all your cars.

• Options
    OMFG are you serious? this is bullshit i lost all cars at once… **** you guys man I'm quoting this shit game.
  • Options
    xXxFalkenxXxxXxFalkenxXx Registered Users 76 Posts
    Lol that was by far the worst answer ive ever heard from an rr dev. U dumbass, u pinked all ur cars and lost all ur cash, nothing we can do. Now ****. off and leave. When more then one person complains that magically all there cars, cash, and gems are gone. There is a problem. Just like the dnf hack, i can guarantee not one of us will get our cars back, nor compensation at this point. Like i said, shut the game down for a week. Fix these problems. If its gonna take more then a week. So be it. This is out of hand. Its fucken. stealing. People get arrested for this shitt in the real world.
  • Options
    I will look into this again
  • Options