Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

United Racers: We Demand Fair Compensation for Our Losses! Do the right thing!

Comments

• Speedy Gonzales 03Speedy Gonzales 03 Registered Users 48 Posts
    Btw my ign is Xx "SG" Nomad 03 xX Not somad maybe I mispelled it by accident lol
  • COBRA KING 2014COBRA KING 2014 Registered Users 10 Posts
    I, for one, am ok with the way things are being handled. I do agree that you care about the gamers. Like you said that's exactly how a business runs you don't bite the hand that feeds you. I also think that maybe employing a hacker or two to help find kinks in the system would be a good idea. I don't know how realistic or possible that would be, and I certainly don't have the skills to do that, but I'm sure if done, it could benefit all involved. Keep up the good work you guys are doing. I know it can't be easy. Some of us are very frustrated, as are you, and maybe all of us aren't great at communicating that in a nice way. I'll be racing as long as the game is running.
  • ShinBeatsShinBeats Registered Users 908 Posts
    Okay Lutz,

“As far as compensation goes, neither Foxx nor I have the clearance to award flat gem values in the amounts you're asking for. Entertaining the idea any further would be a wasted effort on all our parts.”

Oh okay. You know what I read when you posted that? I read, ‘CIE will not take responsibility for the thousands of wrongfully lost cars/money. Entertaining the idea any further would be a wasted effort on all of our parts.’ I don’t know who really runs this, if it’s you, Foxx, or someone even higher up, but that is just wrong.

You are rehashing the same points you have already posted. You said you’re not rich, okay well guess what? We aren’t either. We don’t have money to replace these cars over and over and over again. You got family? Well guess what, we have families too. I know plenty of mothers and fathers who sink a lot into this game.

We could spend our time and hard earned money literally a million different places. That 50 dollars we give you per week for turf war? That could be another toy for our kids, going out with our significant others, or that could be a credit card bill paid down. Or that could go toward saving up for a REAL race car. But, we choose to give you guys that money. We choose to go to jobs we may hate, bust our freaking tails at said jobs, and share some of that money with you. You're not telling us to or making us, we don't have to; we choose to.

This is why it is important that you properly compensate us when that hard earned money is lost. However, I feel like this will be a repeat of last time when we had a ‘reward’ for all the issues. $2 worth of gems and slow car.

Here’s one more point I will touch on…

You said only 3 percent of users pay you a dime, right? Foxx said you have 80,000 users. Three percent of 80,000 is 2400. There’s 200 users on this list who feel like you have not/will not taken care of them, and won’t support you until you do. Are you sure you’re okay with close to 10% of your paying customers no longer paying?

Think about these things when you’re deciding what your ‘reward’ will be.

-Shin
  • TRU3 K1NGTRU3 K1NG Registered Users 98 Posts
    Add me to this list Shins INgame: TRU3 K1NG
  • chandlerschandlers Registered Users 12 Posts
    Great point shin
  • deezy24deezy24 Registered Users 304 Posts
    It's stuff like this though that makes legit players go the hacking route though I can imagine. Just to say eff it and get there cars back that way thru another account. For me I'm logged into the game right now but can't find the desire to even race a general race. Haven't bought gems in a few weeks and the game gets boring very quickly without them and I have only "1" gem left. Usually when I get this dull feeling about the game then that means it's time to go. The damage has already been done and for people who put money on the game look back and add up in their iTunes accounts just how much they have spent and it's a little disturbing. But that's on me. Just kinda spoils it already. No reward I don't think can ever bring back the fun factor into a game with as many problems as it has/had. Thanks for the sincere apology but the game is damaged goods. I put my $456.27 of real money into and it was fun no doubt. Many have spent ALOT more but makes me know that there comes a point in ANY game that it gets old. It's more fun coming to the forum and looking for new posts than it is playing RR anymore. That or booting up the game and just chatting with some other people on the friends list. Not even a graffiti spray painted/vandalized looking turf car skin gets me excited. ign: cocoabiscuits
  • RZR 69RZR 69 Registered Users 548 Posts
    Add me to the list to please as I have lost cars and money due to these issues. I wanted to buy the new Nissan Nismo but will not. Also I encourage CIE to look at my account and real dollars I've spent as well as everyone on this list account the real dollars Aspan and probably everyone else on this list
  • RZR 69RZR 69 Registered Users 548 Posts
    Sorry for the repeated words that's what I get for using my microphone to type for me because I'm lazy
    List updated.
  • cagedbullcagedbull Registered Users 184 Posts
    Still waiting on this so called "GIFT" that was supposed to be given on TUESDAY
    Don't rush guys! It's absurd to expect things to be given...when they are told they will be given.
    I mean, that's what people like Razoor112 and a few on Facebook who are against us say. We are being too pushy and need to leave CIE alone!
    On a positive note I no longer have diarrhea so that's good. Nothin like haven the shredded teddy bear :(
    Just contacted Apple Support, they added my name to the "investigation inquiry" into CIE and apple is Reimbursing me my purchases.
  • Mud DiggerMud Digger Registered Users 1,928 Posts
    I'm not gonna contact apple, that's like calling the cops on your neighbor, lol.. I'll wait and see what they do.
  • GONZOGONZO Registered Users 2,993 Posts
    Same here. If to many people call Apple they may shut the game down and then where will all of the legit players be that have spent 100's of dollars on this game. If that happens I'll be pissed. about everyone calling Apple
    why be pissed?? just get your money back. I already spent close to $500 and I've been tempt to call but I'll just take a L for everything. No one forced me to buy iTunes cards as much as I have knowing all the errors involved in the game. I just know that for the time being I'm at a stand still with the game. I don't think many legit players like myself would be that affected if the game was no longer. I mean honestly....is it really that fun to pay and play right now with everything that has happened? Perhaps I'm waiting as well to see how things pan out but I'm not really expecting it to change my mind. We'll see though.....
  • [RR] Foxx[RR] Foxx Moderators 2,164 Posts
    We paused sending out our gift so that we could focus on rewarding back those affected by the exploit. Thanks for your patience
  • Razr125Razr125 Registered Users 54 Posts
    I haven't been affected like others here, only got a dnf once and it was for a relatively small amount, but that's mainly because I wasn't willing to take the risks knowing there were so many bugs/glitches/hacks, whatever it may be. From even my standpoint, it made the game much less enjoyable and I didn't out my cash into it because of that. I understand both sides here, but I feel that anyone who has put over $100 into a cell phone game, only to have it taken away deserves serious compensation. They are clearly dedicated to the game and are very strongly supporting it. To have that amount just pulled from them with minimal compensation doesn't seem right. At first I read 2000 gems and said, "wow that's greedy!" After reading the experiences, I feel 2000 gems is no-where near enough compensation... Just my $.02
  • 1Bullet1Deer1Bullet1Deer Registered Users 422 Posts
    I agree with no contacting apple just yet. If they get too many complains then they will shut down the game and we all will be out all the money we have spent. At least at this point CIE can still try to fix the issues and everyone can be happy. If apple shuts them down then they can't fix anything and EVERYONE is SHIT OUTTA LUCK
  • HowienHowien Registered Users 166 Posts
    Well mud, here it how it goes, you can all get full reembursment, thats so easy you wouldent believe it. And your totally right. I Got all my money spend on this app back, and sure as hell Wont put another dime in it, untill its bullet proof. Having Said so, how Many chances Shall these guys on cie have? Imo there is really something totally wrong. The dudes have no control and absolutly no knowledge of what they are doing. Lets take a look at the rating changes for an example, lutzberg claimed in his writing about the Update, that most of us Wont be affectet by it
    Besides, the reason for the reembursment is as easy as it is, could be because of apple already has this app in its optic? Just guessing, but im more than convienced that apple Will take a serious close look at this app. And imo thats totally cool.
  • Mud DiggerMud Digger Registered Users 1,928 Posts
    Reimbursement is fine if you spent money on something that didnt hold up to your standards. You got to play and your continuing to play. It's like going to an amusement park, spending $$ on the carnival games, loosing, getting refunded from your bank, and then sitting around saying how you want the park shut down. Why? If you got your $$ back and your still not happy then just go home and leave it at that. There's no need to push the issue any further... As far as his comment about not being affected, ALOT of players have no clue how to tune, so in his defense "most" wouldn't be affected. Unfortunately guys like you and I were. And it sucks! Lol.. Bottom line I'm trying to say is, I doubt he's incompetent, or doesn't know what's going on. He just was generally speaking... I just an old grumpy guy as well, and we all want the most out of our dollar. We should just be happy that there's someone to bitch* to. They could be like credit card company's lol. Or how cell phone company's used to be.. Well I'm all for them making it right.
    Foxx i hear you on the pause for the gift, but you still haven't responded to my pm about what i lost, i know you're busy, but come on......
    Sikas, you calling us selfish for taking action against someone who won't? BRO, HOW is it extortion when people have lost MORE than 2000 gems worth of stuff? I need to hear that one. You're right, you didn't allow your name to be used for 'extortion.' We're not 'extorting' CIE we want what we lost due to THEIR errors.

If CIE doesn't want to give people back their stuff, then they have every right to call Apple for a refund. If CIE DID THE RIGHT THING, we wouldn't HAVE this problem, but it seems they don't want to do that.
  • Rocking racesRocking races Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 77 Posts
    I hate these hackers and glitches that r taking all the stuff we r paying for nothing comes for free most of the time we have to pay for it so I definatly agree with shinbeats about the 2000 gems but the admin can't be giving a lot of stuff all the time yes it bad but recently for me I lost a rami to a glitcher and foxx gave it back but I also explained to him the money glitch and a lot of other ones I have seen and heard about so calm down talk to the admin about it and see what they can do yes it could be better then 80 gems and a crap r class car but serious guys talk about not scream and yell demanding things it will get u no where
  • ´damsel´damsel Registered Users 156 Posts
    Who is MSNONAME? She can vouch for me
  • STEVENDORANSTEVENDORAN Registered Users 268 Posts
    Count me in STEVEDORAN
  • Ju4n d1r3ct1onJu4n d1r3ct1on Registered Users 2 Posts
    I have wasted my time and money on this game on 2 accounts I have about 600$ in credit card charges of this game
    Ok, So we got a ford, how are guys with that? I did as we agreed buying no boost for the turf. Anybody stuck to our agreement? But boy this game is boring having no gems:) ign howisthat