Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Fox please reply

Razoor112Razoor112 Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 222 Posts
After the rating adjustments last week I've noticed that my tuned cars go into correct regular lobbies but get placed in higher rating lobbies in turf. Are the turf lobbies an regular lobby parameters the same? I don't mind retuning, but having to gem tune because its during turf is difficult. If they are different could Cie please make them match? I tune when there is no turf, thanks

Comments

• Options
    deezy24deezy24 Registered Users 304 Posts
    while reading your post it has me wonder if CIE did this on purpose to throw a stick in the spokes so to speak? Could it be this helps even out the playing field and advantage to lower team racers during turf? idk, it may or may not make sense. -ign:cocoabiscuits
  • Options
    [RR] Foxx[RR] Foxx Moderators 2,164 Posts
    the parameters are not the same.
  • Options
    Razoor112Razoor112 Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 222 Posts
    At least I know I'm not going crazy then, is it going to be made the same? If not I guess I'll be very bored on non turf days
  • Options
    [RR] Foxx[RR] Foxx Moderators 2,164 Posts
    ill get back to you on it razoor, i gotta go talk to the numbers guy. Also there is alot of stuff coming for not turf wars days. You guys are seeing about 1/3 of the game we have planned so far.
  • Options
    Nolan SpeerNolan Speer Registered Users 372 Posts
    Yes, the turf rooms have tighter rating brackets than regular lobbies.