Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

CIE Did Not Want to Compensate Us

ShinBeatsShinBeats Registered Users 908 Posts
People took money that could've been used elsewhere, anywhere they chose, spent it with CIE, and now CIE won't do the right thing by them.
How fuucked up is that?

Okay guys we’ve done everything. We’ve petitioned, we have rallied together, we have asked for far less than what some of us have actually lost, but CIE does not seem to want to compensate. For all of your thousands worth of gems wrongly lost, and your dozens of wrongfully lost cars, they want to give you ONE car and 100 gems. They will not stand behind their product and they do not want to. They have the power to, but choose not to.

I know a few of you have received gems and your cars that were lost over that weekend, but what about the gems/money you’ve lost from black screen? What about the gems/money you’ve lost from Error -3? And disqualification? These things aren’t your fault, yet, CIE wants you to front the bill to replace your cars lost in error.

I formed the United Racers; and we asked for 2,000 gems as fair compensation. We thought this was a fair medium since some lost a lot less, but a lot of people lost a lot more, myself included. We are 200 strong and are growing almost every minute. CIE still turned us down and will not offer us fair compensation, so now we have to move onto the next step. A lot of you may not know this, but if you call Apple, and you are being honest, they will nine times out of ten give you a refund for at least the past 90 days of purchases. But let me tell you key points you MUST touch on.

You must mention that your purchases (gems/cash) have been lost due to errors on CIE’s and SOLELY CIE’s part. Tell Apple that they have released several patches which do not seem to alleviate the issues.

The rep will then most likely tell you to contact the developer and speak to them yourselves. You tell them you have tried for MONTHS, sent in countless customer service tickets, spoken to them on forums, emailed them, and it has gotten you nowhere. Tell them that calling Apple was a last resort but you feel you have given them plenty of time to do the right thing, and they do not want to.

And they SHOULD refund you.

iTunes customer support number: 800 676 2775

Now if so many people call, that could result in the game getting shut down and taken off of the app store. We all love this game, but the abuse of the customer has to stop. The abuse of loyal supporters has to stop, and quite frankly, the BS and the runaround has to stop. It is a shame that it had to come to this, but you’ve left us with no other choice, CIE.

Comments

• ShinBeatsShinBeats Registered Users 908 Posts
    Note: I do NOT SUPPORT calling APPLE if you have NOT lost ANYTHING.
  • NsbowhunterNsbowhunter Registered Users 5 Posts
    Agreed and thanks for your efforts
  • Pack N PetePack N Pete Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 163 Posts
    Strange that I'm not seeing any replys from CIE on the many complaints and post through out the forums...
    Their response was to give people less than 5% of what they lost.
  • deezy24deezy24 Registered Users 304 Posts
    They also have weekends off and seldom post on the weekends. Either way Shin I agree. I used to love this game. The love has died.
  • KingklutzKingklutz Registered Users 3,510 Posts
    I got 500 gems... And a maxed supra.... I think they over compensated me... Well I did say I lost a maxed supra and a 1.2 mill (somewhere around there)... But that's nothing compared to you guys... 1,000's of gems lost and I lost none... That ain't right. I also want to add that CIE keeps effing me over on cars, I buy a furai ,for example, for 5 mill, hoping that I'll get 7 mill or more... Then all of a sudden no one is interested and it turns out they lose half their flipping value, dunno whether this is CIE, taking everyone's money, fault or I'm a crappy buyer, but it sucks. And please add some sort of REPUTATION BAR, for the sake of not getting scammed
  • [RR] Foxx[RR] Foxx Moderators 2,164 Posts
    "You must mention that your purchases (gems/cash) have been lost due to errors on CIE’s and SOLELY CIE’s part. Tell Apple that they have released several patches which do not seem to alleviate the issues." I would be careful with that line. With every patch we fix several issues and new ones show up, but they are not the same. Therefore we do fix what we can with each patch so saying that no patch works is invalid. Again Shin, there will always be bugs.
    Okay. Would you rather them say you close one error to open up 5 others? And there's still people receiving the same errors they received before the patch (DNF/DQ, timeswap, etc.) that happened before the patch that are still happening after.

There will always be bugs? Gameloft has no problem with LIVE ONLINE MULTIPLAYER on a MOBILE DEVICE. So before you talk all high and mighty about how I haven't seen 'your code' and I don't know how stuff works, just know that we are aware of other online mobile games without near the instability of Racing Rivals.
    Shin if you dont want to play then dont play. DNF/DQ errors are going to continue to happen, the key thing to note is that each time they happen its a NEW reason, which we then find and fix, making the overall system better with time. We will never have a perfect game, thats impossible. Im sorry that your still upset but I have done everything I can to help you that was within my power and reason.
    "DNF/DQ errors are going to continue to happen, the key thing to note is that each time they happen its a NEW reason, which we then find and fix, making the overall system better with time. We will never have a perfect game, thats impossible."

I like that you're honest, Foxx but these DNF/DQ's should never happen to begin with. I can't list the reasons why they occur since you guys at CIE have a list of what things needed to be patched from those "errors". Besides hackers and zero weight in a r spec only DQ should be when some one fouls/jump starts the race light. This at least lets me know that with ANY updates or fixes CIE makes that these DNF/DQ will continue to exist. That will never be patched and therefore for me and several others that should say to them.....do not pinks because you have a 30% chance of winning. Why not 50%?? because not only do you have your opponent but the fact that a bogus DQ or DNF could pop up at any given time not to mention if one is racing that unknown hacker it then is a guessing game of "is it the game.....or my opponent......." that caused it. ? hmm....

Either way it's good to know. I was under the impression that these would eventually be fixed but this is not so.
    DNF's base function is to stop users from being stuck waiting for another player to finish a race. If this performs in anyway not expected it is considered a bug and we fix it as fast as we can. DQ's function is to prevent cheaters and exploiters from running faster times with cars than possible. If this performs not as expected, again it is treated as a bug and fixed as fast as we can fix it. There will always be bugs but if you look at the current game and compare it to the game last December we have improved a massive amount
  • Crazy KellsCrazy Kells Registered Users 126 Posts
    Well, I hear you shin. Truth is if they give everyone 2000 gems, it seems like it's just as insignificant as a free car and 100 gems, don't get me wrong I do appreciate the give backs, but it does bother me that every one gets the same giveback weather or not they have spent a dime. Why should everyone get rewarded for our losses? Then there are the ones that get on here and make false claims that they had a problem, trying to get a free handout.
  • FOX FOX FOXFOX FOX FOX Registered Users 1,039 Posts
    Why always we got gemmed cars with bags and glitches? Why i got only one time a bag or swap time or something else si and like 30 times on gem cars like r34? Why gem cars are the most bagged?
  • RawsRaws Registered Users 527 Posts
    Not been funny but i have lost over 50 cars with not a single gem recieved from cie. I live in a shared house and had my acc hacked and cie said only one ip adress logged in my acc THATS BECAUSE I LIVE IN A SHARED HOUSE!!!!!!! replied to the email and now im getting ignored and have had to start over from scratch, great work cie excellent customer service. Fix your faulty code or lose your players, dont implement a system if you dont know how to secure it
    [QUOTE=[RR] Foxx;n75523]Shin if you dont want to play then dont play. DNF/DQ errors are going to continue to happen, the key thing to note is that each time they happen its a NEW reason, which we then find and fix, making the overall system better with time. We will never have a perfect game, thats impossible. Im sorry that your still upset but I have done everything I can to help you that was within my power and reason.[/QUOTE]

As if I'm the only one that's upset. So does that go for everyone who's upset who paid? If they don't want to play, don't play? I'll be sure to spread the word.
    Why is it 'not in your power' to give people back cars they lost to black screen/DNF/DQ?
    Why is it 'not in your power' to give 2000 gems since you can't give them their cars back?
    What is different about developers at Gameloft VS CIE? Why are they able to have a 'mobile online racing' game thats 95% perfect but you aren't?

• STARGAZER197STARGAZER197 Registered Users 24 Posts
    I've spent close to $4000.00 playing this game since mid November! The one thing I've noticed by far is that it seems this game rotates around gems! Cie is making a fortune from us players that buy gems! So if you loose a car for what ever reasons and want to replace it it cost gems! Turf revolves around gems new cars always gems boost gems parts gems to speed up install best rims gems body kits gems etc etc etc.. And how do we get gems? By paying CIE for them!!! I have supported this game since November which by the way fox it was a better game then than it is now!i have not and will not spend another dime on this game ever!! Since our money doesn't matter fox I am requesting a full refund from apple!
  • STARGAZER197STARGAZER197 Registered Users 24 Posts
    This game use to be fun! Pinking use to be fun the thrill u got when you accepted a pinks race. Heart pounding adrinaline rush! Not any more I'm not worried about loosing because of my screw up ie foul missed launch missed gear etc! No I'm worried Cie is gonna dq me or get a dnf or black screen or here since the last update just flat out freeze!! So no fox it's not getting better it's gotten worse!
  • Dankness420Dankness420 Registered Users 266 Posts
    [QUOTE=[RR] Foxx;n75523]Shin if you dont want to play then dont play. DNF/DQ errors are going to continue to happen, the key thing to note is that each time they happen its a NEW reason, which we then find and fix, making the overall system better with time. We will never have a perfect game, thats impossible. Im sorry that your still upset but I have done everything I can to help you that was within my power and reason.[/QUOTE]

I agree with Foxx there are always going to be bugs, as I've said before I owned my own rsps and had the same struggle, glitchers and hackers! every online game has the same issue glithces/hacks/errors/ its a program its not perfect theres going to be issues. If you guy's knew anything about coding you wouldn't be giving CIE a hard time.

Fox is right theres never going to be a 100% fix, look at the struggle apple goes through the Jailbreaking, they patch it on ever new update, and a few weeks later theres a new jail break out. The thing with programs is you patch one glitch/hacker and the cheaters will find another one you had no idea about.

Really Shin if you hate it so much just sell your account and quit. Complaining will get you no where in life!
    ShinBeats wrote: »
    Why is it 'not in your power' to give people back cars they lost to black screen/DNF/DQ?
    Why is it 'not in your power' to give 2000 gems since you can't give them their cars back?
    What is different about developers at Gameloft VS CIE? Why are they able to have a 'mobile online racing' game thats 95% perfect but you aren't?

Wow you sound like a crying little kid, gameloft's game has just as many issues obviouslly you've never played it before. If "gamelofts" racing game is so great why are you here?
    Another deluded individual. That's cute.
    Why do you think people who wrongfully lost their cars don't deserve fair compensation?
  • YOUTOOSLOWYOUTOOSLOW Registered Users 3 Posts
    you are supposed to get what you pay for. i have lost tons of cars to those last glitches and i have spent over 2k $$ in gems and did you know what was the first thing i did when i got my new furai? i pinked a civic type r and i lost my new furai to a dnf glitch. CIE has many potential in making the game ether but they choose not to do anything and i must say they have one of the crappiest. crap. award winning costumer service ever seen and i play online live games from gameloft. I think cie should give us at least 3500 gems for our losses of hard earned real $$$ in real life. I don't have the best job ever but it pays the blls and gets me my gem packages whenever im low on gems. i know ice is a great company but it will loose the few valuable and honest and trustworthy and legit players that are left in this game if hey don't patch all these glitches and compensate us for our things. UNITED RACERS FOREVER!!!!
  • Vigilante187Vigilante187 Registered Users 149 Posts
    Please someone buy my account since I don't matter.....PLEASE!
  • CuratorXAngelusCuratorXAngelus Registered Users 30 Posts
    Alright first off, if you have spent over $1000 in legitimate real life money...you are DUMB. To see all the issues this game has had and all the complaints everyone makes...yet you continue to pay money to get screwed over. If your girlfriend for example cheated on you time and time and time again..would you still keep going back to her? Kinda silly if you do, at least in my opinion. You could have bought a real car to start modifying and racing for $1000 or less..nvm the $4000 the other guy said he spent. I work for a software company that puts out bad code and has to implement fixes all the time, some even cause more problems instead of fixing stuff. It makes me feel horrible that I work for a company that puts out such a bad product and I wish I could fix it all on my own but I can't. So I can see both sides of this argument with CIE not having man power/time to make the game "perfect" and I also understand racers getting jipped. I was scammed myself and I stopped racing for pinks or tons of $$$ because I saw this trend of things just breaking more and more. I think ultimately everyone needs to take this ongoing lesson and learn from it all around.
  • cagedbullcagedbull Registered Users 184 Posts
    With every passing day a new problem arrises, now (503) unable to complete action, network connection error. This is ridiculous. Calling Apple.
  • Vigilante187Vigilante187 Registered Users 149 Posts
    @fox fox fox....shouldn't throw stones
  • Dankness420Dankness420 Registered Users 266 Posts
    ShinBeats wrote: »
    Another deluded individual. That's cute.
    Why do you think people who wrongfully lost their cars don't deserve fair compensation?

Obviously you didn't even read my comment, in all online games there are glitches and issues get over it. **** happens in life people get scammed all the time theres no compensation.

You're appearntly a CIA agent but yet you have all day to bitch about a few cars, I work full time and have lost many cars and give no ****s. Its always going to happen ether get over it or quit.

Just stop your high school drama and bitching you're literally getting no were with this thread!
  • RaCinGisLyFeRaCinGisLyFe Registered Users 32 Posts
    There is 2 sides to this argument Yes people scammed out of their stuff deserve the compensation for errors due to the game. But on the flip side when you lost 1 or 2 cars and some gems for boosts. Why wouldnt you stop running pinks ....should the game pay for your stupidity if you pinked a double digit amount of cars and lost tons of money and or gems by continuing to risk it after you see something happen that you know is not a normal part of the game?