Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

fellow players, what do you think i should do?

JACK POLLARDJACK POLLARD Registered Users 315 Posts
So here's the short story. I'm in a lobby with my maxxed '70 challenger, running against challenges, mustangs, vipers, gtsr's, and other cars of comparable rating (i.e. appropriate lobby, I just hit race). Suddenly I get a challenge from a huayra. I raised to 1,000 out of boredom, and he comes back with pinks. I figured, "well, he's in this lobby so it must be comparable and not maxxed, so what the hell. I can replace this challenger", and I accept. Turns out, the car was bone stock and freshly bought, and I won. The guy had joined a friend in our lobby, according to the messages he sent me afterward, pleasing for me to give him his car back. Which leads me to my question: what would your response be? 1. Tough luck, think before you choose to pink. 2. Oh, alright.Learn something from this. Admittedly, #1 is my instinctive response, as it was an unsolicited pink challenge. Thoughts?

Comments

• JawsJaws Registered Users 3,701 Posts
    guys an idiot! keep the car. tell him to learn from this just like anything in life. It's a game shit happens
  • EnCRypTedEnCRypTed Registered Users 644 Posts
    I've got scammed and learned other stuff the hard way. Should be in correct lobby or it's on you (him in this case). I don't think I would return it. That pinks challenge is an option, not a requirement. Just my .02
  • Avenger33DKAvenger33DK Registered Users 333 Posts
    Well since the guy raised to pinks I would normally say "tough luck,You pinked and You lost!" But being a guy who generally believes in the best in people,I would give the guy his car back. As a minimum You will feel good about yourself,and You never know, one day your good deed will come back to You giving You a surprise You did not expect...
  • hexxum001hexxum001 Registered Users 3,954 Posts
    So he pinked you? Then I would say tough luck for him. I mean, when you pink someone and they accept, you know you might lose your car. And if you had lost your Challenger, would he have returned it to you? If he simply chickened or just accepted your 1k race, he would still have his car. No one forced him to pink you. Maybe I'm being a dick but I wouldn't return it. You won it fair and square. He should have thought twice about pinking with a stock Huayra, no matter what lobby he was in.
  • pistolapistola Registered Users 437 Posts
    keep it if he won after he raised pinks he would not give your car back? or he wouldve just raced for bet.IMO his intensions was to take a car and lost. at least he didnt lose it to somebody scamming him.
  • esbee13esbee13 Registered Users 27 Posts
    Exactly.... He knew the consequences when he raised you to pinks.... Hoping to beat you and win your car. Don't fall for the suck up. It will be a great lesson for him going forward.
  • JawsJaws Registered Users 3,701 Posts
    I like the comment about being rewarded for a good deed. lol a good deed in a game? makes me laugh out loud. If that's the case lets all give our pink cars back to the cry babies who pinked us. NOTTTT! I am one of the most generous players on the game, but stupidity is different. Words of advice, "don't be stupid!" You lose your car, it's on you, this is a game, we aren't talking salvation army or giving blood at red cross. IT"S A GAME FOR GOD SAKES. I would love to get my bets back at the horse track too PLEEEEEASSSEE! lol too funny. Should have taught him about the game and what pinks mean, now that is a good deed.
  • RumbaarRumbaar Registered Users 307 Posts
    Have the exact same attitude that the developers have regarding losing cars. Too Bad.
  • potatoglassespotatoglasses Registered Users 180 Posts
    Lmao don't even respond. Have fun with your new ride brutha!!
  • HausIsBossHausIsBoss Registered Users 248 Posts
    Sell it back to him at a reasonable price.
  • Goldtop1955Goldtop1955 Registered Users 556 Posts
    I've won the same car with a TC! There is no doubt he was after your car, the same as the guy who raced me.
  • JACK POLLARDJACK POLLARD Registered Users 315 Posts
    I've already maxxed it out. Needless to say, I'm going with the majority and keeping it
  • ChevellesruleChevellesrule Registered Users 108 Posts
    My vote was to keep it. He wasn't going to give back your car. When you offer a cash race and they raise it to pinks and lose, tough luck lol.