Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Anyone else

NJFINESTNJFINEST Registered Users 252 Posts
Is anyone else havin connection problems. After about 2-5 races i get the orange bar for i dont even know how long. And when i click on a player to race i just get the connect to player thing for ever then it says player busy or what ever the exact term is. I feel its the android users cuz i never expierenced it so much before. Its to the point when it happens i just give up for alittle bit. I even deleted and reinstalled app. Can any admin explain this

Comments

• AllaynaAllayna Registered Users 533 Posts
    It was bad last night. I stopped racing. This morning seems to be good... crosses fingers. Wasn't on my end, I could play another game with no issues at all.
  • TeeEnnTeeTeeEnnTee Registered Users 607 Posts
    U think you're bad mine happened every 1-2 races! And now I think that the dq issue is bad because I'm getting dq'd every 10 races!
  • deezy24deezy24 Registered Users 304 Posts
    sounds like everything is normal to me??
  • jjbinx808jjbinx808 Registered Users 3,489 Posts
    Mines like teeenntee after every race I would get connection problem for couple minutes
  • jjbinx808jjbinx808 Registered Users 3,489 Posts
    It's funny cause everyone keeps talking about the dnfs and dqs but I can't remember the last time I got one! I been racing daily so idk haha
  • deezy24deezy24 Registered Users 304 Posts
    I get the orange bar of connection death a lot. I just stop playing and hope it's not back when I log in later. Mornings seem to be the best time to play to avoid that though. server overload.
  • KingklutzKingklutz Registered Users 3,510 Posts
    Mine happens everytime I join a lobby, I've joined through tema, friends, just joining and I still get orange bar
  • ESPESPESPESP Registered Users 176 Posts
    Happens ALL the time to me also. Definitely not my internet connection, it's a slow connection in the game unfortunately.

It's very annoying when you want to put up some big points in Turf Wars. :(
  • GONZOGONZO Registered Users 2,993 Posts
    It's happening to me too and when it happens half my team has it as well. So I know it's not on my end. Even when it's going on I ask the turf lobby and most in there have the same slow connection. In the am the game works fine but towards 4:30-5:00 pm pst it gets unbearable.
  • Mud DiggerMud Digger Registered Users 1,928 Posts
    Was happening to me after each race.. I would just reboot, race, reboot, race haha if I tried to wait it out, I would get dq or dnf
  • trogdor48430trogdor48430 Registered Users 1,867 Posts
    I get the orange bar almost everytime i go into a turf lobby
  • NJFINESTNJFINEST Registered Users 252 Posts
    Im about to start playin now. Lets see if it still happens. Or if its fixed. Like everyone else i kno its not my connection
  • Dragon883Dragon883 Registered Users 36 Posts
    My screen blinks after every take off in turf wars only then my opponent wins by almost two secs. My time stays in the low 8's where it's been but every opponent is in the 7.0 to 6.1 range. Connection problems or more sorry cheaters???
  • Razoor112Razoor112 Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 222 Posts
    Anyone notice this started when android went live, like Cie server overload. Top teams had low points because could hardly race. I raced so little, I used less than half the boost of a normal week
    I thought i would get laughed at if i said its cuz of android users. And yes it was still happening until the end of turf. Havent played since to c if it happens in a regular lobby
  • [RR] Foxx[RR] Foxx Moderators 2,164 Posts
    this should be better, we were pushing out alot at that time. Let me know if it isnt
  • Terrydunne.Terrydunne. Registered Users 221 Posts
    It's still crap foxx, reg lobby race once or twice then orange bar, slow connection! Every couple races! SO are we gonna have to have another turf as bad as the last one cuz of this?
    Hate to say it but im glad im not the only one. I thought i was goin crazy
  • POSTMAN PATPOSTMAN PAT Registered Users 95 Posts
    It does sound like cie are victim of their success. We should expect a few more teething problems as the launch of the android ap has unearthed problems. From what I've read, android users are the worse off, apple users should feel lucky lol! I get the orange bar quite a bit, some days less than others, just have to learn to deal with the frustration, I'm sure cie will find a fix, just need to let them get on with it. Going back to the game, hopefully will get better game time!
    this isnt a server issue, its a network issue. Were working on it but its a little like the matrix in there...
  • Dragon883Dragon883 Registered Users 36 Posts
    So we all take the red pill and just party on
    working on it.