Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Proper sequence to reinstall game?

calamity coyotecalamity coyote Registered Users 24 Posts
So my buddy was having issues today with the game. He could start it up, do mods but when it came time to race, nothing. Wouldn't even show his car available for the event. After trying to reboot his phone to no avail, I suggested a reinstall of the game. Which got us both to wondering. Can you delete the app and reinstall without loosing your progress? He does have it linked to Game Center so I'm guessing all the data is stored there but want to be sure for future reference. Thanks.

Comments

• KingklutzKingklutz Registered Users 3,510 Posts
    Yeah, if you've linked it Gamecentre then it will come up with 'do you want to keep Gamecentre records' you press keep.
    Redownload the game
    The game should start at tutorial but will quickly say 'game save detected' or something similar
    Press reload NOT carry on
    Your save will be back to normal when the game restarts, hope I helped
  • Old WomanOld Woman Registered Users 2,799 Posts
    Yup just delete game it will ask keep listed with game centre or don't keep you hit keep, then reinstall app and if you are logged into the same game centre it will ask load user or keep playing here you wanna hit load user
  • calamity coyotecalamity coyote Registered Users 24 Posts
    Okay, so the first message said "do you want to delete game data" and had option for okay or cancel. So I guess you go ahead and select ok on that one and then a second message will appear for the Game Center info? I know this is how it works on their sister game Car Town Streets. So that would make sense.
    Yep, should say 'keep' OR 'remove' choose the obvious choice (keep, duh lol) and just do all the steps that old woman and I said
  • calamity coyotecalamity coyote Registered Users 24 Posts
    Awesome. Thanks. Since he just started he doesn't have much anyway but if he lost it all he'd probably quit. So appreciate the confirmation.
  • Mud DiggerMud Digger Registered Users 1,928 Posts
    Great job klutz!
    :) no problem coyote and thanks MD
  • XBOOSTXXBOOSTX Registered Users 23 Posts
    I still have my 100.00 card..wasnt stupid enough to give it to this buggy game...once they fix it theyl get my money...till then ..they can go kick rocks. (or csr will get my money)
  • ImmortalRacingImmortalRacing Registered Users 121 Posts
    just so you all know, if your game is linked to game centre you do NOT need to click keep, the files will automatically redownload after you log in anyhow.
    Csr does suck i have too agree...but since i can only do the 1st tutorial race in RR ...this game is pointless aswell (till its fixrd)...i do love what little i have got too see so far of RR but it just keeps kicking me off no mstter how many times i try it..so ive given up. .im going up my MBPS for internet and hope itl help. Il let everyone know if it helps cuz if it fixes it then others may see this post with the same problem and have a solution. (oh btw i can play RR on my galaxy s2 BUT i cant read Any words everything that has words or a place to tap to like were you buy upgrades or see how much money you have just has colored sriped lines going across it like an old broken television..so i cant even buy an upgrade for cars cuz i cant read wth im buying or its cost....that problem started RIGHT after the last update (yes ive un installed and reinstalled on that device too...no luck)
  • Mud DiggerMud Digger Registered Users 1,928 Posts
    Xboostx does the device your using meet the minimum requirements?
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    We are aware of the android issue and are working on it
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• XbwzkXXbwzkX Registered Users 12 Posts
    Hry I email cie about a issue I have and u haven't got any responses I lost my turf rx7 to the invalid race thing and it kicked me from the race it's unfair and I would like to get it back please I never had any problems with racing rivals and I don't wanna lose faith in you guys please help thanks
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    When did you send it? We're currently at a 7 business day turnaround.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Goldtop1955Goldtop1955 Registered Users 556 Posts
    just so you all know, if your game is linked to game centre you do NOT need to click keep, the files will automatically redownload after you log in anyhow.
    That is correct!
    Mud Digger wrote: »
    Xboostx does the device your using meet the minimum requirements?
    As far as i know my devices Do meet requirments. (this last update did fix the problems of striped lines on my android galaxy s2 phone..THANK YOU CIE lol). Ive actualy spent some real cash now too. I also boosted my internet speed to 105 Mbps! ..it very rarley crashes now...BUT on my samsung galaxy tablet3 version 4.1.2 Still cant even pass the first tutorial race ..its just strange that my android cell phone runs it now but my samsung galaxy tab3 crashes everytime..ive googled this tablet problem and i found alot of people with my same problem..anyway connection speeds not a prob @ 105mbps and signal says strong ..so im lost now on the tablet