Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Coming Soon! Race the Devs II

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
It’s the 1 year anniversary of the launch of Racing Rivals! Well, okay a few days late... But to celebrate the occasion we will be having a 24 hour turf battle for our home of Long Beach, CA!

On September 9th, get your team together and become one of the top teams to win a special edition Anniversary car, the Scion xB Dragster As an added bonus, you have the chance to race the Racing Rivals Devs! You can even challenge them to pinks to win a special Racing Rivals employee Matte Black edition of the Anniversary car!

See you then!

984227_267738260104005_3545742767659978938_n.jpg?oh=e6112e7b9556fd8c79a8df38deec0d83&oe=545B19FD&__gda__=1416088337_80002c394a7cfe7adabd444e4c49f540
IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Comments

• [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Event FAQ

FAQ
    Q: What is the Racing Rivals 1st Anniversary Event?
    A: To celebrate the 1st anniversary of Racing Rivals we are holding a special 24 hour Turf Wars event. The battle takes place in our home turf of Long Beach, California. This will be a Scion only event where you also get a chance to race Racing Rivals employees who will be racing in RR Employee Edition Cars!

Q: How do I participate in the Racing Rivals 1st Anniversary Event?
    A: As with any Turf War you will need to be on a team to race in this event. You will also need a class Scion as it will be a Scion only Turf War. Go to the Map screen and tap on the Turf Wars icon and hit race!

Q: How do I find a Racing Rivals Employee to race?
    A: We will be in the Turf War Racing lobbies between 11am to 4pm PST, just look for the Racers with Racing Rivals {RR] names on a Racing Rivals Dev Team!

Q: What is the prize car?
    A: The Scion xB Dragster! The Turf war prize will have a special wrap, the Devs version will be matte black.

Q: How do I win the prize car?
    A: The top teams at the end of the Turf War will be awarded the wrapped car. The only way to get the matte black car is to challenge one of the devs to a pink slip race and win!

Q: Can I win more than one Racing Rivals Employee car?
    A: No, we ask that if you win one from a Racing Rivals Employee, that you stop challenging us to pinks. We will be keeping track.

Q: I really want an employee Car, can you just give me one?
    A: The Employee cars are meant to be rare prizes coveted above all others, which means it’s supposed to be hard to get one. So, sorry, no you’ll have to get one the old fashioned way! Challenge a Racing Rivals employee to a pink slip race and win!

Q: What happens if I lose a pink slip race with a Racing Rivals Employee?
    A: Like any pink slip race, you lose your car and we may gloat. So, you think you have what it takes to win our cars? Challenge us if you dare!

Q: I’m not on a team, can I still participate?
    A: Unfortunately this is a Team Based Turf War so you will need to be on a team at the time. If you aren’t, take this opportunity to meet people and join one or create your own!

Q: Will the prize car be available in the showroom?
    A: No, this car will not be available in the showroom. It’s possible that a normal version of the car may show up in the showroom in the future, but there are no immediate plans.

Q: If I lose the prize car in a pink slip race, can I buy it back?
    A: No, since the car is not available in the showroom, should you choose to bet this car and lose it, you will not have the opportunity to buy it back.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager