Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

New update; Same old problems . . .

hexxum001hexxum001 Registered Users 3,954 Posts
Just a couple of hours into turf and my NOS button has stuck at least 6 different races already. I was really hoping these sticking button issues would be a thing of the past. Ugghh . . . oh well. Race at your own risk right?

Comments

• Options
    Trini_Tuner_868Trini_Tuner_868 Registered Users 580 Posts
    Yeh it's complete bs. More of a visual update than anything else. There were really no fixes, just add ons imo
  • Options
    Trini_Tuner_868Trini_Tuner_868 Registered Users 580 Posts
    Not to mention I'm still getting error messages and twice now I've had to reboot while in the middle of deals
  • Options
    Yeah bro, I was really hoping that this update would eliminate many of the issues that we had to deal with in the past. I haven't pinked in 3 turfs because I lost a GTR and $100k due to sticking buttons. I was hoping to be able to run pinks again without worrying about sticking buttons. I guess not. :/
  • Options
    MikeyChiMikeyChi Registered Users 13 Posts
    Same here I couldn't wait for the update to just be able to race period on my 4s. Then it let me down and still can't race at all.. New iPhone will come sooner than the fix
  • Options
    MikeyChiMikeyChi Registered Users 13 Posts
    I heard but I also heard it's hard to hit all the keys to be effective. I'm just waiting for the iphone6 and shouldn't have many problems lol
  • Options
    Fp67Fp67 Registered Users 118 Posts
    Crash 24/7
  • Options
    JawsJaws Registered Users 3,701 Posts
    The problem is with the servers at RR. Are devices run smooth with any other game but RR. Cie's problem is they blame everyone first and have a F rating at better business bureau. The answer is simple. There servers blow dick. I dont know if we are connected to servers when racing bots (MrGee GTfreak) or daily challenge. But I never have connection issues when racing 20 times against bots or daily challenge but when I racing multiplayer after a couple races its the same thing time runs out or unable to complete action. They say its our connection but if we are connected while racing bots and daily challenge with no problem maybe its rr servers and not us. I dont know if this applies with what you are talking about but once again let's let the mods or devs chime in that until the iPhone 14 comes out it's are fault. STFU and learn how to run a business. Everything was fine until about five months ago. Stop being greedy. Hire some people with balls and know how to work. Simple.
  • Options
    Spoiler Line 175Spoiler Line 175 Registered Users 82 Posts
    I'm enjoying NOT buying GEMS anymore LOL. If they fix this game before I loose total interest I might buy $1.99 worth...
  • Options
    I'm enjoying NOT buying GEMS anymore LOL. If they fix this game before I loose total interest I might buy $1.99 worth...
    That's the only way we, as the consumer/customer, will get ours points across. If we could only get everyone on board to stop spending money, I guarantee you that CIE/Glu would miraculously fix all these issues that still plague the game. Unfortunately there are a bunch of people still spending a ton of money on gems. Not only are some of them on my team but I race many of them all the time in turf and they boost every single race.
  • Options
    ShinBeatsShinBeats Registered Users 908 Posts
    I feel like this is a massive improvement over the old version and a step in the right direction.

Any issues report them here: http://racingrivalsforum.ciegames.com/forum/check-engine-light/help/896638-2-0-reports, so the devs can continue to improve the game.
  • Options
    ShinBeats wrote: »
    I feel like this is a massive improvement over the old version and a step in the right direction.

Any issues report them here: http://racingrivalsforum.ciegames.com/forum/check-engine-light/help/896638-2-0-reports, so the devs can continue to improve the game.
    I respectfully disagree. Yes there are some improvements and visually it looks great. But there are just as many bugs and glitches as before. The sticking buttons issue is just as bad as before and has cost me many races this turf just like in the past.
  • Options
    ShinBeatsShinBeats Registered Users 908 Posts
    I think my gear got stuck once or twice in all my time racing since the update. I'm sure they'll be looking into this now.
  • Options
    I'd be ecstatic if it only happened to me once or twice. Last night I logged on to turf and it happened to me 3 races in a row. I was so frustrated I just quit turfing for the night.

Edit: As a matter of fact, right after writing this, my NOS button got stuck in back to back races. Coincidence? Hmmm . . . .
  • Options
    Bump for another turf and a bunch of buttons sticking again. 4 out of my last 5 races my first gear got stuck and I lost the race. WTF lol
  • Options
    SilicaSilica Registered Users 5 Posts
    Lights out of sync, launch button not working, Nos not working, the restart error, tie glitch, etc. To me looks more like a polished turd.
  • Options
    RayBanManRayBanMan Registered Users 1,048 Posts
    My gears have been sticking more than normal sometimes I have to press 2-3 times before it works..I'm done pinking tho every time I do something seems to happen so I'm done chancing losing my car to dumb shitt. I can't control.
  • Options
    TWIGGY15TWIGGY15 Registered Users 28 Posts
    So just my 2 cents here. I've been back playing for about 5 days now since waiting for the new update. I'm not getting the whole sticking buttons thing. But the lights/sound are way out of sync. Sometimes ahead, sometimes behind. It's really annoying. Sometimes I have to launch before the light turns green. Sometimes I launch and I can clearly see GO and hear the high pitch ring and still get fouled. I just can't understand why we never had these issues pre-android. Other than that, games seems okay, but I will never feel confident to pink again until the sync is fixed. Only other minor problem is since update, I lost a few about 150 gems because the paint jobs were reverted back to factory paint. In the meantime, I will look forward to the next update.