Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Rumbaar's Racing Rivals Offline Tool - Honda Civic Si Edition

RumbaarRumbaar Registered Users 307 Posts
I'd like to be able to play with and configure my cars without having to wait for the install time to see how they'll compete with each other, and thus the idea to create an offline tuning tool was born. There will hopefully be a version for all cars, or at least once I can get info for.

I've created a Microsoft Excel file that allows you to, in real-time, configure your build to your needs and see how each change affects the totals of your car. You'll see nearly all key statistics for your car, except for rating (No idea how it's calculated on the fly) and grip (you put on max grip tyres as default).

Next to each entry you'll find a drop-down menu with the various stages of installation available. Just scroll down, select that cell and choose the entry you want to test. Once you've selected an item, the statistics will be automatically updated at the top in real-time. You can try any number of combinations.

But you need to ensure you only select the parts available for the main conversion you've installed. ie Turbo parts for Turbo Kit selected. There isn't any error checking in that regards, but if you're having trouble working that out, you might not find the tool useful.

You'll also find that each part is actually correct, compared to the game which on a large number of items are incorrectly displayed in game. Which is the very time consuming and annoying part of this project. Each item has to be checked and can't be taken at face value.

161SJzN.png

So please find a link below, feedback (constructive) would be appreciated and ideas on how to make it better or more useful. I'm working on a number of cars at the moment, but this is the first completed to 100% so thought get out there for some 'BETA' testing.

Note: Might have to right-click and choose save-as (Excel 97 format)
Racing Rivals - Honda Civic SI - V1.01.xls​

[video=youtube_share;KyowsxisS0Y]http://youtu.be/KyowsxisS0Y[/video]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyowsxisS0Y

Comments

• RumbaarRumbaar Registered Users 307 Posts
    The file includes a base 'blank' and two samples, Zero Stress build and Max rating build. You'll need Excel to use, but it might operate in other Free office software, but the method of creating the drop-down menus might not work in other software.
  • UnknownUnknown 0 Posts
    Although I have seen a few of these prototypes around it's still cool to find a simpler and less time consuming way to tune. I'm still sticking to my oldschool pen/paper/calculator method though as I don't trust the computers to do all the work for me.
    DJChris23 wrote: »
    Although I have seen a few of these prototypes around it's still cool to find a simpler and less time consuming way to tune. I'm still sticking to my oldschool pen/paper/calculator method though as I don't trust the computers to do all the work for me.
    Thx. Yes I initially started with the paper, but that got very annoying very fast. I know about the don't trust the computer. If you get a chance, take a look at the file and look for the * next to items and those more than one. That indicates that their display stats in game are wrong. I had to check every item, compared to their end result totals and alter the stats accordingly.
  • nobrakes4menobrakes4me Registered Users 310 Posts
    The hardest part is getting a flat file like this to do recursive lookups after adding the best part. IE if you find p/w of the best part from stock, it may say piston 1, then disp 1, then piston 2.

This is the same delima I ran into using this method. It can find you the max p/w part, at a static time. Looks great though. I can see a lot of people getting some benefit from this.

Chris - the more I work at something like this... the more I am thinking pen/paper may be a faster solution. How many places do you go out with the decimal doing it by hand? 6 seems fair enough to find the part?

The hardest part is getting a flat file like this to do recursive lookups after adding the best part. IE if you find p/w of the best part from stock, it may say piston 1, then disp 1, then piston 2.
    Not sure what you mean here. Select any item, and then go through the stages. You'll see in real-time the power/weight ratio totals at the top of the file. Then just select the best on of them and move on to the next item. You should be able to do this one item at time, and it wont affect the totals. If you're going for max of course. Now if working on other limits like Engine Stress ranges and/or car ratings. Then you'll have to work a little magic and logic on the items you select.
  • nobrakes4menobrakes4me Registered Users 310 Posts
    i have not been able to use drop downs yet due to opening in google, but once a part is selected, say header pro 2, do all calcs then base off that new overall p/w ratio or are they calculating from the base p/w?
    i have not been able to use drop downs yet due to opening in google, but once a part is selected, say header pro 2, do all calcs then base off that new overall p/w ratio or are they calculating from the base p/w?
    They are all calculated of the new weight and power. It's all cumulative and in real-time. Just like if it was added in game, and finished installing.
  • OFF ROAD HEMI2OFF ROAD HEMI2 Registered Users 1,011 Posts
    Rumbaar I watched your posts and I think you may be onto something. But I just use the basics ( which was point out by someone else ) it's just much more simple for me. It's a game and I don't always tune to max. I also don't do 0 stress tunes because they have very little point value in turf. Just my opinion nothing against what you have going on here.
    Rumbaar I watched your posts and I think you may be onto something. But I just use the basics ( which was point out by someone else ) it's just much more simple for me. It's a game and I don't always tune to max. I also don't do 0 stress tunes because they have very little point value in turf. Just my opinion nothing against what you have going on here.
    Each their own, but yes this uses the basics too Power and Weight. Ultimately, how people choose to play and enjoy.

Zero stress builds are just a novelty when I first start on a new car. As for Turf, most look for max and this tool will allow the most statistically optimal build without having to try out different options or purchase unwanted/unneeded stages. Also I like the idea of knowing how much a total build costs beforehand. Also helps me purchase cards worth more than they are being sold for on the buy/sell pages.
  • Casey388Casey388 Registered Users 171 Posts
    This excel spreadsheet helped me out alot. Thanks for posting it. One thing I did notice was under the Turbo Up Pipes it seems like you got Pro 1 and Pro 3 switched for stats.
    Casey388 wrote: »
    This excel spreadsheet helped me out alot. Thanks for posting it. One thing I did notice was under the Turbo Up Pipes it seems like you got Pro 1 and Pro 3 switched for stats.
    Thx for that, yes appears I duplicated Pro 2 -> Pro 3.

The other issue I'll have is that the developers will most likely "fix" the server side errors to match the display errors in game. Thus some might be accurate now to totals, they might not be they alter stats server side in a live game environment.
  • [RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts
    Hey! This is an awesome start. I'm working on something very similar. Maybe if we work together, we could make something awesome! Let me know what you think.
  • metorikametorika Registered Users 14 Posts
    nicely done, its very useful

can you do this for viper gts please??
    metorika wrote: »
    nicely done, its very useful

can you do this for viper gts please??
    Thanks.

I lost motivation to continue when I encountered so many errors with the game. Some of the cars are beyond the ability to create such a tool due to the mess their stats are. There isn't a desire from the developers to fix these issues either.

But the GTS and GTS-R were in progress.
  • TheFastKidxXx69TheFastKidxXx69 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 10 Posts
    Threads like this have been so hard to find. Great build btw, just one question, How did you calculate the Car's rating? whats the formula for that?
  • james614james614 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 179 Posts
    When you talk about errors, you mean the parts have incorrect weight/power listed compared to what they actually install on your car? If that's the case it explains why my max tune on my STI Coupe failed me, as I calculated everything everything off of what the total p/w was displayed to be after install, rather than what it actually was after install. Total pain in the arse. But the idea of this tool seems pretty cool to me. Are we able to plug in our own data to create one for the cars we want it for?