Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Turf, one manufacturer events (RANT)

Dex23Dex23 Registered Users 454 Posts
What is the point of having a turf event with only one make of car or one manufacturer of cars?
Take the current VW event, I have 3 VW's tuned to different lobbies but when I go to race them are no cars in any of the lobbies, or if you are very lucky you might get one or two!!!
with all the tens of thousands of players are you telling me that there is no one racing!!
After a great first event this is boring and totally pointless
Lets see an end to these types of turf event, PLEASE

Comments

• Nezron87Nezron87 Registered Users 95 Posts
    Always racers in 1649 lobby, hope that helps.
  • Jack90gtJack90gt Registered Users 2,708 Posts
    My 1635 lobby was packed and my buddy was in 1645 and it was busy also
  • Dex23Dex23 Registered Users 454 Posts
    I think there must be something wrong with the groupings as a gti in 1640 is dead, aswell as 1656 with maxed scirocco, which should be heaving!!
    I have reset device, but still they are dead, just with the odd one or two familiar faces!!
  • RZR 69RZR 69 Registered Users 548 Posts
    I have had the same issue as you Dex on this event.
    RZR, I think alot of people have, when someone appears in the lobby they say exactly the same when i have a convo with them
  • LWRTHNULWRTHNU Registered Users 667 Posts
    Smh, same here, you can only race the same 2 other people so many times...
  • 2slow ty2slow ty Registered Users 509 Posts
    it's not the event. it the servers
  • thenevadanstigthenevadanstig Registered Users 18 Posts
    Yeah I don't think it's the event, but something in the game itself. Yesterday I played jam packed rooms in the VW event. But today, 3 other people is the MOST I have seen in a single room. Same cars, same ratings, nothing on my end changed.
    It's just so boring, going into a room and no one being there. If it's the servers they really need to sort it out, and what is it with racing the same people every turf, with all the people that play this, surely I can race other people occasionally.
  • Old WomanOld Woman Registered Users 2,799 Posts
    Me personally I don't own VWs lol so I won't be in any rooms