Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

SERIOUSLY NO MORE SEEING OTHERS RATINGS?

2Next

Comments

• knockout819knockout819 Registered Users 15 Posts
    Not only that but u also cant see their hp..I just lost to a potential hacker for only 1k but i added them as a friend to see his car hp and it doesnt show..horrible just horrible..
  • OICU812OICU812 Registered Users 166 Posts
    I never thought i'd be sorry to see an update until now no way we can just trust that everybody is on the up-n-up. when I saw there was no rating my thumbs jumped away from my phone afraid to touch the wrong button and race someone WHAT A SHAME AND A WASTE I just picture all the hackers leaning back and rubbing there hands together and that meniacle laugh after they just tied us all to the train tracks WHOOO WHOOO Duddly Doorite where are you
  • EnragedtomEnragedtom Registered Users 1 Posts
    This has ruined the game I've spent a lot of money on this game and sad to say I will not give this game another dime. You just helped all the hackers and scammers and if you believe you helped by hiding the cars ratings you are wrong completely ruined the game that I loved to play! Back to ps3 done unless something is fixed
  • JohnnyG-123JohnnyG-123 Registered Users 112 Posts
    I have spent lots of money on the game also but I'm done now!! It was bad enough getting taken by a hacker occassionally but getting hacked daily won't get it for me. I hope CIE and the hackers enjoy each other.
  • JoeyJoey Registered Users 11 Posts
    I'm done too
  • roestreyevroestreyev Registered Users 1,443 Posts
    this update is so #fail
  • Josh3235Josh3235 Registered Users 122 Posts
    I've only played one time since the update. I did three races, lost 2 of the 3 to people with high ranked cars in low ranked lobbies, but what do you expect???? Of course people are going to abuse it now since there are no rankings anymore. I AM DONE UNTIL THEY PUT RATINGS BACK.
  • BoJankeTyBoJankeTy Registered Users 4 Posts
    Seeing opponents' rank wouldn't be so important if they'd put a cap on each lobby to keep out over ranked players and put them w/ other's who are at the same level.
  • SonicRacing1SonicRacing1 Registered Users 15 Posts
    [QUOTE=[RR] Race Cat;n1151] I know sometimes change seems "OMG BAD" at first and then after time it seems not as bad anymore. [/QUOTE] X2 I don't mind the new way gives it a better challenge
  • JohnnyG-123JohnnyG-123 Registered Users 112 Posts
    There are some regulations when you are on a race track that wouldn't allow a 500 hp car to run a 250 hp car. You said long term so I figure there will be a lot of people quit by then.

• mguidry629mguidry629 Registered Users 26 Posts
    Glad I'm not alone. This ruins the game for legit players with skill. Now I have to assume every car is maxed out. In my tc I will only race darts and SI's. Etc etc. every car is now worthless unless it's fully maxed out. The ratings gave us a way to tell if ppl were cheating or baiting or doing dirty tricks. Now they can do it without anyone noticing. Only one day into the update and I can't tell u how many A and S class cars are trying to pink me in my D class cars. This wouldn't be so bad if you could restrict certain ranked cars from lower tier lobbies. A 1650 should not be allowed to enter a 1649-under lobby. Not even through the "back door" like Kenny mentioned. Only the dirty players are rewarded by this update. If u can't beat em, join em. We need to stick together and team up to take these guys out. See y'all out there.
  • BOORAJBOORAJ Registered Users 37 Posts
    Update... Sigh.... :(
  • Mud DiggerMud Digger Registered Users 1,928 Posts
    I'm starting to think that they "intended" it to be this way so that everyone goes out and maxes out their cars "just in case". There had got to be some way to regulate.. If we can't see the rating, or horsepower, at least let us look at what et's the car had been running.. That will at least let us know if our car is even in the ballpark or not.
  • MaxedOutMaxedOut Registered Users 206 Posts
    I have no problem maxen out cars, I wanna go fast n every car, in real life on the streets or at track it usually run what u brung and hope u have enought to get job done, I can care less about ratings..I don't usually pink any ways, maybe a 1000.00 bet max, so not to worried".........what I'm concerned about is my 21 cars that I have money n they screwed me out of
  • potted hahapotted haha Registered Users 39 Posts
    Who would want to race for Pinks now, its no fun just going to get cheated, I know of a couple that will not be playing till its fixed, thank you
  • jjbinx808jjbinx808 Registered Users 3,489 Posts
    [QUOTE=[RR] Race Cat;n1151]The hidden ratings thing was an intended change. On a race track you would not be able to tell from looking at a car how well it will perform.

Sorry guys. We will continue to monitor the situation after the change and see how things work out in the long term. I know sometimes change seems "OMG BAD" at first and then after time it seems not as bad anymore. [/QUOTE]

See but on a race track there are faculty that check each car to put each and every car in a certain heat so that everybody has a fair chance. They do timed runs only in front of the faculty of the race track so that the faculty can put them into heats. Is CIE willing to check every single car in the game to for a test run? And just remember every time they add something to their car you will need to check and test them again. Yes, this is what the lobbies are for, but nobody in the lobbies any more are actually for that lobby. Most are higher cars in a lower lobby or a hacker posing as a slower car. On the race track their is no way to hack your car so that it will run faster then it is suppose to. Yet on the game this happens all the time. If I am in a 1646 lobby and someone is running 8s while everyone else is running 10s how am I suppose to know if they are hacking or not? Their car could just be faster then everyone else's unless you want us to report scammers as well there is no way of telling if someone is truly hacking unless you see their ranking. I don't know about everybody else out there playing but from my experience the only way you are going to know if a person is a scammer or a hacker is when you lose your car or your running 10k and up. Other than that they are going to run slower times so everybody thinks that there is nothing wrong, then pink him and poof he runs a way faster time and you have just lost one of your cars! I understand the meaning behind it but being a game that can be hacked it does not make any sense to me.
  • jjbinx808jjbinx808 Registered Users 3,489 Posts
    [QUOTE=[RR] Race Cat;n1151]The hidden ratings thing was an intended change. On a race track you would not be able to tell from looking at a car how well it will perform.

Sorry guys. We will continue to monitor the situation after the change and see how things work out in the long term. I know sometimes change seems "OMG BAD" at first and then after time it seems not as bad anymore. [/QUOTE]

See but on a race track there are faculty that check each car to put each and every car in a certain heat so that everybody has a fair chance. They do timed runs only in front of the faculty of the race track so that the faculty can put them into heats. Is CIE willing to check every single car in the game to for a test run? And just remember every time they add something to their car you will need to check and test them again. Yes, this is what the lobbies are for, but nobody in the lobbies any more are actually for that lobby. Most are higher cars in a lower lobby or a hacker posing as a slower car. On the race track their is no way to hack your car so that it will run faster then it is suppose to. Yet on the game this happens all the time. If I am in a 1646 lobby and someone is running 8s while everyone else is running 10s how am I suppose to know if they are hacking or not? Their car could just be faster then everyone else's unless you want us to report scammers as well there is no way of telling if someone is truly hacking unless you see their ranking. I don't know about everybody else out there playing but from my experience the only way you are going to know if a person is a scammer or a hacker is when you lose your car or your running 10k and up. Other than that they are going to run slower times so everybody thinks that there is nothing wrong, then pink him and poof he runs a way faster time and you have just lost one of your cars! I understand the meaning behind it but being a game that can be hacked it does not make any sense to me.
  • Hairy Moose KnucklesHairy Moose Knuckles Registered Users 109 Posts
    I'm getting ready to find a new game. They messed up my challenger so bad it's no fun anymore. Stupid dev
  • Rhd killaRhd killa Registered Users 20 Posts
    Made the game whack. No one wants to bet anymore
  • RRracerRRracer Registered Users 68 Posts
    I'm tired of seeing SRT Viper GTS in a 1630 room
  • RRracerRRracer Registered Users 68 Posts

This is a GAME.
  • MaxedOutMaxedOut Registered Users 206 Posts
    I like not seeing the ratings, I been betting a 1000.00 a race, won a lot lost a few ....makes it more fun.....at a real track u don't know what the other cars has, u watch me at the track , we'll watch me on here, that what I do... The ratings r for ppl to pick and chose there races. If ur n a viper gts-r and a guy in a civic wants to pink, we'll he might just be a hacker...lol. If ur scared to race cause u can't see ratings then maybe u should quit and go play candy crush...lol
  • BeetleJuice™BeetleJuice™ Registered Users 114 Posts
    I assume all cars are maxed out. Don't let your guard down and lose to sandbaggers. If it's too good to be true, then you're gonna lose.
  • LareinajoyLareinajoy Registered Users 118 Posts
    It will be more fun playing with no ratings not unless there are hackers rooming around lol
  • OICU812OICU812 Registered Users 166 Posts
    you cant even see HP numbers in your friends list just torque ratings why just torque #s is that in case i want borrow a friends car w/ a lot of torque to pull an old tree stump out of the ground I'TS HARD TO FIGURE OUT THE THINKING BEHIND ALL THE CHANGES. Honestly if I thouhgt that CEI would buy my accnt. for what i have spent on it i would probably just bail out
  • Hairy Moose KnucklesHairy Moose Knuckles Registered Users 109 Posts
    I haven't raced at all today. Well, at least not in RR. I've jumped ship and went to CSR Classics. It's pretty good. I'm in an old impala at the moment.
  • potted hahapotted haha Registered Users 39 Posts
    how could this be fun, every car in my room runs 8..3 8 flat or lower i'm barely running 8.9, its a waste of money or cars to race, bring back the ratings
  • ouaouaouaoua Registered Users 5 Posts
    Only bad thing about the update (if you allow me to express my opinion) the complete absence of car ratings.

Ok i can understand your philosophy with regards to this matter (it was very easy to ''read'' one's cars), but I'm sure you can find a way to give at least a rough idea about a car's potential... (doesn't have to point exactly at a car's potential but can be left rough in a decade... For example with the old system you had a car 1663. With the new system you could place a rating 166 which means that the car is between 1660 and 1669). It would be very helpful for everyone I think.

Otherwise the hackers will make a big party and the adrenaline of the game will be lost since no one will be betting PINKS or high stakes anymore...

Even before i challenged for PINKS with similar car rankings and only 1 out of 20 accepted... Imagine the rate now...

Thanks for considering my opinion
  • roestreyevroestreyev Registered Users 1,443 Posts
    They need to block that "join you friend" button. This is what scammers use.
    or
    Have players confirm before they are friends.

I have players adding me, and they are NOT my friends!
  • BoJankeTyBoJankeTy Registered Users 4 Posts
    roestreyev wrote: »
    They need to block that "join you friend" button. This is what scammers use.
    or
    Have players confirm before they are friends.

I have players adding me, and they are NOT my friends!

+1. It's so fun to constantly switch lobbies with class D to class A cars because they're full of class S & class R cars. How hard would it be to implement an error message to those trying to enter a lower class lobby with an over the rate car. All it has to say and do is "Error: Your car is over the rate for this lobby, please choose a lower rated car." and kick them back to their garage. Problem solved. lol. As for those who are enjoying this exploit, GET A LIFE!!!