Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

"Chicken-Out" Suggestion That I Feel Many Would Agree On

Mikecart1Mikecart1 Registered Users 38 Posts
Ok, we all know we have chickened out at times when you know you got no chance. But I'm not sure if I speak for everyone, but when I am challenged by the same car, equal class, or lower, I take that race! I don't even care! The cars I refuse to waste my time on unless I am near repair anyways are Stellas, that Furai, and other cheese cars you can't get by beating the game.

Here is my suggestion though:

For those that challenge you and are your EQUAL or LOWER in class, and you chicken out: 25 SC reduction for you and 25 SC increase for them
For those that challenge you and are racing in a HIGHER class, and you chicken out: No penalty or change to either person
However, this rule only affects the 1st instance. The current rules go back in place. I know some trolls will just keep challenging the same person until they have all the SC lol.

I think this is more than fair because I waste too much time challenging people with any car (D to R) and I get the chickened out notice. It ruins the game because it is obvious people are in it to raise their precious SC rating when the game isn't that serious.

I didn't want the penalty to result in money because some people have none and you need money to upgrade, not SC.

DISCUSS :)

Comments

• Options
    Mud DiggerMud Digger Registered Users 1,928 Posts
    Street cred isn't affected if you chicken out.
  • Options
    Mud Digger wrote: »
    Street cred isn't affected if you chicken out.

These are rule suggestions.
  • Options
    Q RepQ Rep Registered Users 566 Posts
    Man, heck nah! That would give scum that steal more options to now get more sc , If I'm in a 30's lobby in a civic and a 1645 civic comes in the room I gotta except the challenge or lose SC? Yea right.
  • Options
    Q Rep wrote: »
    Man, heck nah! That would give scum that steal more options to now get more sc , If I'm in a 30's lobby in a civic and a 1645 civic comes in the room I gotta except the challenge or lose SC? Yea right.

We are talking about 25 SC here lol. That isn't that much and it is a 1x offense. So the same guy can't keep doing it to you. And how would a 1645 Civic come in a room of 1630's? Isn't the game filtered out so that doesn't happen? If 25 SC is too much, how about 10 SC or 5 SC? I'm trying to come up with a way to reduce the chicken out thing. I get it at least 50% of the time and I am definitely not going around challenging weak cars. Usually if I got my Evo, I will challenge STI's and Evo's and many chicken out by default.
  • Options
    Q RepQ Rep Registered Users 566 Posts
    Hi again. I'll start off with the 1645 civic in a 30's lobby. Have you not played long? I will say at least half the racers in lobby's use the join option to have faster cars in there. No one will fix this, so in turn one HAS to be smart of who there racing. If the lobby's didn't allow All classes of cars and ranks I'd say your idea was great
  • Options
    LareinajoyLareinajoy Registered Users 118 Posts
    Great idea but booster will have another option to abuse to
  • Options
    Lareinajoy wrote: »
    Great idea but booster will have another option to abuse to

Yeah but that cost gems right? And if people are willing to pay for gems or play long enough to build gems that is a win-win situation for CIE. Not that I care lol. I'm just trying to make the game more fun for everyone. When I first started, I rarely had people chicken out but I think that is because I was using a Civic. Now that I got 2 Vipers, everyone is chicken - even Vipers!
  • Options
    How long have you been playing ?
  • Options
    How long have you been playing ?

Since this forum was created lol. I beat the game. Well actually I have 1 race left but I am delaying that $100K reward because I want to win with a 7 second finish so I get $130K total!

I got a question: what does that guy mean above "least half the racers in lobby's use the join option to have faster cars in there". Is he saying you can pick which lobby you go to? How do you do that? I always get screwed over with lobbies full of way faster cars. It is an achievement that I even still have a win/loss ratio above 50% LOL! :)
  • Options
    Okay.. Well the forum was created and then hacked then re established.. Anywho, do you remember back when the game showed ratings of other cars?... Hes talking about people that join their friends in civics using vipers and what not.. So now they are in a "slow" lobby in a "fast" car.. And that's why so many people chicken out.. Because since you can't see other people's ratings anymore, you are left to assume that the opponent is in a maxed vehicle.. So that's why people chicken out. Because they don't want to run the risk of loosing..
  • Options
    Okay.. Well the forum was created and then hacked then re established.. Anywho, do you remember back when the game showed ratings of other cars?... Hes talking about people that join their friends in civics using vipers and what not.. So now they are in a "slow" lobby in a "fast" car.. And that's why so many people chicken out.. Because since you can't see other people's ratings anymore, you are left to assume that the opponent is in a maxed vehicle.. So that's why people chicken out. Because they don't want to run the risk of loosing..

Thanks. I didn't know that is how it works. I guess I joined the new forum lol. Anyways, it appears people take this game way too serious. I read a thread on the other topic group that someone spent $500+ on this game LOL and then complained about hackers. With that money, you can get a new PS4 and a couple of games haha! I still have spent a total of $0.00 lifetime on any app for any smartphone. I just play for fun. :)... but I would like to play on an even playing field though.
  • Options
    Haha.. Yea some people take this game serious, others don't.. But I can see why, it takes a lot of time invested to build up your garage and bank account.. So when the honest man works, he doesn't want to be cheated or robbed by the ones that want a free ride.. A level playing field is what we all want. Some say its still there, ie: using a maxed car and racing another maxed identical car.. To me, that's not how it should have to be.. I should be able to race any equal rated car and not have to worry if someone in a much higher, or lower for that matter, car is in the room.