Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

How does does the rating system work?

sk00linn00bzsk00linn00bz Registered Users 664 Posts
Two questions, one is for example if I have a fully maxed 300zx and it's 1657 then I down tune to make it 1656 will I still join 1657 lobbies? Also what is the tier like like ranking cutoff for each lobby. Meaning if your car is from 1650-1657 you will in one lobby

Comments

• Options
    PrinceDannyPrinceDanny Registered Users 355 Posts
    Ranking system is 1649.5-1655.5 1655.5-1660.5
  • Options
    Also then is it true if I have a fully maxed car for example the 300 of 1657 and I down tune to 1656 I'm still seeing lobbies with Viper gts. A buddy has his 300 at 1656 and is in intimate correct lobby. Basically if you fully max your car and down tune can u still. Join lower lobbies
  • Options
    PINTSIZEKILLAPINTSIZEKILLA Registered Users 23 Posts
    Also then is it true if I have a fully maxed car for example the 300 of 1657 and I down tune to 1656 I'm still seeing lobbies with Viper gts. A buddy has his 300 at 1656 and is in intimate correct lobby. Basically if you fully max your car and down tune can u still. Join lower lobbies
    Yes, I do that alot of the time.
  • Options
    How do I measure the .5
  • Options
    PrinceDannyPrinceDanny Registered Users 355 Posts
    You can't measure .5 you just know
  • Options
    UnknownUnknown 0 Posts
    Not sure if this happens to everyone else but once I hit 1670 it's completely wide open from 1670-1679 which definitely puts anyone who has an R-Class that's about stage 2 at a disadvantage. Big reason why I have detuned nearly ALL my cars..
  • Options
    Old WomanOld Woman Registered Users 2,799 Posts
    It's 1669-1679 sucks, for maxed S class
  • Options
    now i thought it went by intervals of five? im trying to tunre all my cars appropriately now, also for example in turf the other day i had like a stage two subie impreza b class, and a volks sirocco pinked me. i had mechanic boost and so did he but he ran ,3 seconds faster. are there certain cars that will just be faster at different rating levels than others in the same lobby? for example the only one i know is the 300 zx is dominant
  • Options
    Mr. GershowitzMr. Gershowitz Registered Users 393 Posts
    It's by the performance index and by the rang of your hp and weight. You take away a part. Then re join race to see if you arrant in the same race room. Repeat steps to slowly find your best time for the lower lobbie