Trigger’s Tower: frustrating

MarchaelMarchael Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
I’d like to share some frustrations I’ve found with the spell “Trigger’s Tower”, which I’ll call TT to save time and space. I use TT in every fight because it is simply so much better than any other spell I’ve seen. It hits relatively hard, has a lot of health points, applies a damage over time at higher levels, gets a full speed refill each time it lands the killing blow on a character, can persist even after your actual team has been killed and can reposition itself when its spell magic has recharged, at which point it regains 100 % of its health.
And while all the things make it so great, facing another lineup with TT in modes like PVP or Sorcerer’s Tournament gets very frustrating very fast. In PVP Arena, players have a turn limit, and all of TT’s turns count towards this limit, I don’t know how many times my PVP or Tournament fights have ended in a draw because the only opponent left is TT and just as you think you’re about it destroy it and win, it will regain full health and you stand no chance to destroy it anymore because of how much health it has and you don’t have enough turns left.
For the amount of things this spell does, I see no reason why it can be cast so cheaply and frequently. I would suggest that instead of players being able to recast the spell whenever they have enough magic 1 of 3 alternatives should take place:
1. A TT spell can only be recast and thus repositioned and restored to full health on an existing TT’s turn, not whenever you want. OR:
2. A TT spell can only be cast if there is not a TT currently in play. This would be preferable as it would prohibit endless games where the TT just essentially respawns at full health when it gets low.
OR, better yet:
3. TT doesn’t count as a team member, in that the match ends if all 5 of the actual heroes/villains have been defeated.

Thoughts? Has anyone else been triggered by Trigger’s Tower before? Or is it just me?

Comments

• pongiepongie Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    Unintended side effect of the 8.0 update. Before this update, when the battle system was realtime, as soon as the core characters are down, the battle was over. It meant you can focus on taking down the main characters and ignore the spawned minions. 

The other point about trigger tower having health that is too high or dealing too much damage has always been sneaky. New players only notice the levels of the main characters and not the levels of the spells. Some modes even obscure the spell cards of the opponents. This can be misleading since max spell levels can easily turn the tide of a battle. The dev team tried to address this by nerfing some spells but even so, low level teams aer at teh mercy of high level spells.
  • LudgateLudgate Registered Users, Member 65 Posts
    You will be happy to know that Trigger isn’t an issue at higher levels where he’s just outclassed by other spells and quickly defeated.