Options

Sorcerer's Tournament Challenge Algorithm

wh4tshisf4c3wh4tshisf4c3 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
Can you please advise on the algorithm for determining who you can challenge in Sorcerer's Tournament? I understand having to climb the ranks. In 3 days (and 16 attempts) I have climbed from rank 7000 to rank 2200 with increasingly smaller gaps after each jump. Now, no matter how many times I refresh, I can only challenge up to 2160? I enjoy the game and I enjoy competing in PvP aspects. It is frustrating to be paying money explicitly so I can be competitive, but then I am not able to climb the ranks to better rewards in a reasonable fashion. Assuming I can only challenge up 40 spots (or less) for the remainder of my climb, I will need about 50 days to eventually get near the top!? The top 100 of the leaderboard is filled with players level 15 and below due to luck of the draw, and here I am at level 25 and rank 2200, unable to make my way up the rewards ladder (of which I am paying to have an edge in) where the rewards are substantially better.

Thank you for your time!

Comments

• Options
    LudgateLudgate Registered Users, Member 65 Posts
    Those aren’t actual players.  They are placeholder accounts.  That said, the jump does indeed get smaller the more you climb.
  • Options
    MeatheadMilitiaMeatheadMilitia Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators, Member, Moderator 463 Posts
    I have passed your feedback along :) 
    Bacon and Coffee, that's what I'm fueled by. 
  • Options
    DaRTHxChaRLieDaRTHxChaRLie Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    This is 100% a complaint of mine as well. And really my only main one with the game. Overall it’s a great product! Improve upon this and maybe add the ability to refresh tournament battles and I’ll be in DSA heaven!
  • Options
    ElsaJeanElsaJean Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    I agree this was very annoying for me too, but the problem should fix itself for us in a week or two, though it may be a problem for newly added arena servers. At the start some players just happened to begin at much higher ranks than others even if they were much weaker. Going forwards it will make sense that you can't just start the game and be at the top of the arena ranks.