Peanut Pummel Changes

armosmurfarmosmurf Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
edited May 2020 in Suggestions & Feedback
Peanut Pummel now only applies blind to one character.  I have been investing in this spell for over 20 days now, and they decided to change his effects today.  I requested that I get reimbursed spell tokens for the amount I've invested in leveling him up.  It's only about 9000 tokens or so.  They probably won't do it.  I think that goes to show you how much they value customers (nil).  If I knew this was going to happen, I wouldn't have taken time to spend my spell tokens on getting this spell.  I would've certainly invested in something else.  Look, this is the first game like this I've invested this much time and actual money into, because it's exciting and fun, but when you spend time on getting something you're excited about only to have its effects changed1 week or so later, without any consideration for the customer (at least a reimbursement of sorts, or enough notification time), it makes me want to stop investing.  I'm not getting what I "paid" for. I have been falsely advertised and misled.  Changes happen, and this is a young game still, but that's no excuse to disregard the time and investment customer's put into a spell or other parts of the game.  I know other games offer a reimbursement  in in-game currencies when they change something as drastically.  Especially when a game is in its infancy.  I've spent about $200 on this game, and I'm beginning to think I don't matter.  So, unless I see a reimbursement in my spell tokens, I probably will stop playing.  

Comments

• powerlinepowerline Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
    What is good will constantly change in games like this. When new things are added, occasionally they won’t perform as the developers intended, or maybe performs to an extend that makes other things redundant. Although I’m sure you’re disappointed with this change, changes like these usually end up helping the game in the long run. 
  • armosmurfarmosmurf Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    edited May 2020
    Still doesn't resolve the issue of the amount of time I spent investing in something, and then not getting what I initially invested in.  For example, imagine you spend 20 days saving money to buy a game.  Then you go to the store and buy the video game, but when you get home you realize the game in the package is different.  They say that they had to change the games to better meet the needs of the company.  Yet, they won't refund you the money you spent on the game.  So now you're left without any money, and you're left with a game you don't want.  

Like I said in the original post.  Changes happen, but they should still reimburse customer's who got misled and falsley advertised.  It's not even real money. I'm talking spell tokens.  

• rompzorrompzor Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    I think it's good to offer in game currency in exchange for nerfed spells.

Hearthstone does this with cards they nerf or retire from competitive play.  There is a 30 day window where you can "disenchant" the card and receive the full amount of game currency you paid.

I think this is a really healthy thing for the game to implement and it would undo a lot of the resentful feelings that players are having without being affecting Glu's bottom line.

To Glu:  It's an understandable development mistake to make spells that are a bit too strong, but this can be rectified by setting a precedence now.

P2P players set the meta, and F2P players need to follow the meta to compete.  This requires a ton of time and usually of the all in-game resources that are available to them.

It is completely demoralizing to succumb to the "If I cant beat them, join them" mentality in order to level the playing field, and then see all the hard work go to waste.

Please consider offering full in-game currency refunds in exchange for spell tokens for recently nerfed spells. 

For reference, Hearthstone does this and allows a 30 day window to take this action.  Otherwise refunds are awarded at a 25% rate.