Feedback on current event - Breaking the numbers

KH_DonaldKH_Donald Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
Hi!

First of all, thanks for making a great game. Been playing it for a good while, and I'm mostly enjoying it. Here are some of my thoughts for the current event:

I like the structure of the event, but it's too grindy for my taste. Let's dig into todays battles, where you use coins to refresh your attempts rather than yesterdays arena tokens.

Let's say I want to get my Robin Hood from 2* to 3*. I'm gonna need 25 tokens in order to do so. I get 2 tokens for each tier, so I need 13 tiers in total. 13 tiers equals 650XP.

In each battle, I have a chance to get 3XP. However, the chance to recieve XP is roughly 33% for me (based on ~50 battles today). So on average I'll get 1XP for each battle. Which means I need to do ~650 battles to get Robin Hood from 2* to 3*.

Each battle takes me about 1min with loading times and auto play at 2x speed. So it will take me 650min to do all of it. That equals 11 hours of constant game time (may vary from player to player). I need to refresh 128 times in order to do so. With each refresh costing 12500 coins, it will cost me 1.600.000 coins plus the additional 11 hours to get Robin Hood from 2* to 3* (given I don't buy any packs).

Now I know this will also give me quite a lot of tickets for the end of the event (3900 if I'm not wrong). So they could also be used at something useful.

My point: Spending 11 hours of game time and 1.600.000 coins should award more than a 2* -> 3* upgrade and some additional materials. It could be balanced better.

How to improve it: Make the drop chance 100% again.

I like the game, but I don't want to get "burnt out" of playing it. I think a lot of other players feel the same way! :smile:

This feedback also applies for future events. Make sure to find the right balance between time and resources you need to invest in order to complete an event. 

Thanks for taking the time to read this long post and keep up the good work!

- Donald from Kingdom Hearts

Comments

• MeatheadMilitiaMeatheadMilitia Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators, Member, Moderator 463 Posts
    Hey Donald! 
    We're happy to hear you're enjoying the game so far, we have plenty more that we'll be putting into the beta before we launch world wide :) 

Thank you for the well thought and detailed post! 
    I will make sure it gets into the right hands. 

As always, I appreciate your feedback, please keep it coming! 
    Bacon and Coffee, that's what I'm fueled by. 
  • KH_DonaldKH_Donald Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    Also, my wife says she would appreciate an auto-win button if you get 3-stars to prevent me from carrying my phone around all day... and so would my fingers.
  • MeatheadMilitiaMeatheadMilitia Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators, Member, Moderator 463 Posts
    Haha I will let the team know. 

Remember, happy wife, happy life. 

That's what both my Mom and Dad told me...all the time haha
    Bacon and Coffee, that's what I'm fueled by. 
  • bumble2beebumble2bee Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    All events should give exp every battle. They take time to do just like doing map battles. I agree with being able to auto battle after 3 star especially since all of these battles at low difficulty require no skill to complete.