Update 3.0 - NEW Arena, Arena Changes, Passholder Changes, Quest Changes

MeatheadMilitiaMeatheadMilitia Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators, Member, Moderator 463 Posts

NEW GAME MODE: Grand Arena

From the Devs: "We continue to be really excited by the Arena and its synchronous play but we found ourselves missing the ability to see what an opponent's team looks like beforehand and the ability to build a team to counter it. Thus we are excited to introduce the Grand Arena to provide that gameplay experience. We're also really excited that all players receive the same number of attempts per day – whether you're a heavily active player or someone who checks in a few times throughout the day, the ability the reach the top is the same!"

Enter into the Grand Arena and climb the ranks where only one may emerge as 1st place! Choose your opponent and formulate a strategy to thwart their attempt to hold their position. Upon victory, you and your opponent will exchange ranks upon your ascent to the top! Select a Team of Characters and Spells to defend your position from others. At the end of each day, you will be awarded Gems based upon the Rank you were able to secure. Be warned, however, that every competitor will be allowed the same number of attempts per day so make the most out of every Battle! 

• Players are allotted a maximum of 5 attempts per day. 
  • Defeating an opponent results in both participants exchanging their Rank.
  • At the end of each day, receive Gems via an Inbox Message. Those within the Top 10 also receive ultra-rare Hades Tokens!
  • Set a Defensive Team to protect your Rank from others.

Arena Changes

From the Devs: "We're loving the synchronous play of the Arena but not loving how it has become a major grind that has proven to simply reward those who are able to play the most. We want it to foster competition and reward in a more meaningful way. So we're going to start rewarding Victories only and changing the rate in which Trophies are gained and lost. We're aiming for the new Grand Arena feature to become the major leaderboard presence so, in order to avoid confusion, we're turning off the Arena's leaderboard as we work toward solidifying both the uniqueness of the Arena and Grand Arena game modes."
  • New Trophy gain and loss values by League

• Bronze III: Victory +8, Loss -0 
    • Bronze II & I: Victory +8, Loss -1
    • Silver III, II, and I: Victory +7, Loss -2
    • Gold III, II, and I: Victory +7, Loss -3
    • Platinum III and II: Victory +6, Loss -3
    • Platinum I: Victory +6, Loss -3
    • Challenger and Master: Victory +5, Loss -3
    • Champion: Victory +5, Loss -4
    • Grand Champion: Victory +3, Loss -5

• New Arena Coins per Victory by League

• Bronze III: 20
    • Bronze II: 25
    • Bronze I: 30
    • Silver III: 40
    • Silver II: 45
    • Silver I: 50
    • Gold III: 70
    • Gold II: 75
    • Gold I: 80
    • Platinum III: 100
    • Platinum II: 120
    • Platinum I: 140
    • Challenger: 160
    • Master: 180
    • Champion: 200
    • Grand Champion: 300

• New Season End Rewards by League

• Bronze III: 300 Arena Coins
    • Bronze II: 400 Arena Coins
    • Bronze I: 450 Arena Coins
    • Silver III: 500 Arena Coins
    • Silver II: 750 Arena Coins
    • Silver I: 1,000 Arena Coins
    • Gold III: 2,000 Arena Coins
    • Gold II: 2,250 Arena Coins
    • Gold I: 2,500 Arena Coins
    • Platinum III: 3,000 Arena Coins
    • Platinum II: 3,500 Arena Coins
    • Platinum I: 4,000 Arena Coins
    • Challenger: 6,000 Arena Coins
    • Master: 7,000 Arena Coins
    • Champion: 8,000 Arena Coins
    • Grand Champion: 10,000 Arena Coins

• New Monthly Season Reset Trophy count by League

• Bronze III through Champion will now only reset to the beginning of the League in which the player resides (e.g. Silver III is 300-449 Trophies, so a player with 350 Trophies at Season Reset will start the new Season at 300 Trophies)
    • Grand Champion will result in being placed at Champion (6000 Trophies)
  • Made adjustments to the matchmaking algorithm.
  • Leaderboards have been removed.
  • Weekly Rewards have been removed.
  • Arena Coins earned on Defeat have been removed.

Passholder Changes

From the Devs: "The Passholder feature offers a lot of interesting Quests and excellent rewards but we were finding its presentation to be a bit lacking. It's received an extensive redesign to really do the feature justice! Just in time for the upcoming Aladdin Events and Disney Sorcerer's Arena's very first Character Outfit: Prince Ali!"
  • Passholder+ is now known as Passholder Gold
  • Added Passholder progress messaging to the home screen
  • Added a "Rewards" tab that clearly details out the rewards available to all players as well as those awarded to those with Passholder Gold access.

Quests Changes

• Daily
    • "Daily Quest Rewards" 
      • Now has a unique presence at the top, displaying all rewards and overall progress to completion.
      • Gem reward has been increased to 50 (up from 30)
    • NEW ADDITION: "Climb the Ranks" - Complete 2 Grand Arena Battles
    • The following no longer award Gems upon completion: "Arena Ready", "A Challenge Awaits", and "Climb the Tower of Endurance"
  • Lifetime
    • NEW SERIES ADDITION: "Master the Arena" 
      • Now provides a one-time reward for reaching an Arena League for the first time!
  • The "Complete All Daily Activities" now has a unique presence
  • Daily Quests completion progress is now present on the home screen
Bacon and Coffee, that's what I'm fueled by. 

Comments

• JillathiaJillathia Registered Users, Member 31 Posts
    Very exciting! The artwork is gorgeous  :)
  • bumble2beebumble2bee Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    Poor execution to the starting of grand arena. Hades tokens were hard to get. You are now giving them daily to people who got lucky and updated early. Also passholder gold coating real money doesn’t sit well for me. I don’t mind doing tap joy for additional gems and watch all the videos to support the game but I will not spend money till full release of the game. Now I am missing out. 
  • wombat90wombat90 Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    Nothing about character nerfs/ buffs?
    like with Pocahontas ...
  • wombat90wombat90 Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    Like the update tho, lots of cool stuff to do😊
  • FreiteezFreiteez Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    Like the update except you forgot to mention you can’t buy the pass holder+ with gems. It now costs $4.99. So I guess I won’t be playing anymore. It was worth the grind when I could use gems to get into the monthly event but I won’t pay $5 a month for repetitive quests
  • MeatheadMilitiaMeatheadMilitia Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators, Member, Moderator 463 Posts
    edited May 2019
    Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts! It's greatly appreciated :) 
    Bacon and Coffee, that's what I'm fueled by. 
  • Blondie511Blondie511 Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    since the update, I can not access the game any longer.  I tap the app to bring up the app and nothing happens.  I contacted support like Meathead said, and I was told that Disney took down the game.  So much for support from “Susie”......
  • ReapersFuryXReapersFuryX Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    If you deleted the game why do you STILL  come on the forum to repost complaints that you've already posted? Just move on dude. You say goodbye for good but still come trying to bait responses
  • Blondie511Blondie511 Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    edited May 2019
    I did not know this was the type of forum that attacked people.  I thought that we were supposed to give feedback when something was not working right, so they they knew that it needed fixed.  (Insert scared face and fetal position....). And I never said that I deleted the game.  
  • ReapersFuryXReapersFuryX Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    I did not know this was the type of forum that attacked people.  I thought that we were supposed to give feedback when something was not working right, so they they knew that it needed fixed.  (Insert scared face and fetal position....). And I never said that I deleted the game.  
    No no, this wasn't to you. There was another post that got deleted from someone who said they quit but keeps posting here. Sorry for the confusion!