NEW GAME MODE: Grand Arena
From the Devs: "We continue to be really excited by the Arena and its synchronous play but we found ourselves missing the ability to see what an opponent's team looks like beforehand and the ability to build a team to counter it. Thus we are excited to introduce the Grand Arena to provide that gameplay experience. We're also really excited that all players receive the same number of attempts per day – whether you're a heavily active player or someone who checks in a few times throughout the day, the ability the reach the top is the same!"
Enter into the Grand Arena and climb the ranks where only one may emerge as 1st place! Choose your opponent and formulate a strategy to thwart their attempt to hold their position. Upon victory, you and your opponent will exchange ranks upon your ascent to the top! Select a Team of Characters and Spells to defend your position from others. At the end of each day, you will be awarded Gems based upon the Rank you were able to secure. Be warned, however, that every competitor will be allowed the same number of attempts per day so make the most out of every Battle!
- Players are allotted a maximum of 5 attempts per day.
- Defeating an opponent results in both participants exchanging their Rank.
- At the end of each day, receive Gems via an Inbox Message. Those within the Top 10 also receive ultra-rare Hades Tokens!
- Set a Defensive Team to protect your Rank from others.
From the Devs: "We're loving the synchronous play of the Arena but not loving how it has become a major grind that has proven to simply reward those who are able to play the most. We want it to foster competition and reward in a more meaningful way. So we're going to start rewarding Victories only and changing the rate in which Trophies are gained and lost. We're aiming for the new Grand Arena feature to become the major leaderboard presence so, in order to avoid confusion, we're turning off the Arena's leaderboard as we work toward solidifying both the uniqueness of the Arena and Grand Arena game modes."
- New Trophy gain and loss values by League
- Bronze III: Victory +8, Loss -0
- Bronze II & I: Victory +8, Loss -1
- Silver III, II, and I: Victory +7, Loss -2
- Gold III, II, and I: Victory +7, Loss -3
- Platinum III and II: Victory +6, Loss -3
- Platinum I: Victory +6, Loss -3
- Challenger and Master: Victory +5, Loss -3
- Champion: Victory +5, Loss -4
- Grand Champion: Victory +3, Loss -5
- New Arena Coins per Victory by League
- Bronze III: 20
- Bronze II: 25
- Bronze I: 30
- Silver III: 40
- Silver II: 45
- Silver I: 50
- Gold III: 70
- Gold II: 75
- Gold I: 80
- Platinum III: 100
- Platinum II: 120
- Platinum I: 140
- Challenger: 160
- Master: 180
- Champion: 200
- Grand Champion: 300
- New Season End Rewards by League
- Bronze III: 300 Arena Coins
- Bronze II: 400 Arena Coins
- Bronze I: 450 Arena Coins
- Silver III: 500 Arena Coins
- Silver II: 750 Arena Coins
- Silver I: 1,000 Arena Coins
- Gold III: 2,000 Arena Coins
- Gold II: 2,250 Arena Coins
- Gold I: 2,500 Arena Coins
- Platinum III: 3,000 Arena Coins
- Platinum II: 3,500 Arena Coins
- Platinum I: 4,000 Arena Coins
- Challenger: 6,000 Arena Coins
- Master: 7,000 Arena Coins
- Champion: 8,000 Arena Coins
- Grand Champion: 10,000 Arena Coins
- New Monthly Season Reset Trophy count by League
- Bronze III through Champion will now only reset to the beginning of the League in which the player resides (e.g. Silver III is 300-449 Trophies, so a player with 350 Trophies at Season Reset will start the new Season at 300 Trophies)
- Grand Champion will result in being placed at Champion (6000 Trophies)
- Made adjustments to the matchmaking algorithm.
- Leaderboards have been removed.
- Weekly Rewards have been removed.
- Arena Coins earned on Defeat have been removed.
From the Devs: "The Passholder feature offers a lot of interesting Quests and excellent rewards but we were finding its presentation to be a bit lacking. It's received an extensive redesign to really do the feature justice! Just in time for the upcoming Aladdin Events and Disney Sorcerer's Arena's very first Character Outfit: Prince Ali!"
- Passholder+ is now known as Passholder Gold
- Added Passholder progress messaging to the home screen
- Added a "Rewards" tab that clearly details out the rewards available to all players as well as those awarded to those with Passholder Gold access.
- "Daily Quest Rewards"
- Now has a unique presence at the top, displaying all rewards and overall progress to completion.
- Gem reward has been increased to 50 (up from 30)
- NEW ADDITION: "Climb the Ranks" - Complete 2 Grand Arena Battles
- The following no longer award Gems upon completion: "Arena Ready", "A Challenge Awaits", and "Climb the Tower of Endurance"
- NEW SERIES ADDITION: "Master the Arena"
- Now provides a one-time reward for reaching an Arena League for the first time!
- The "Complete All Daily Activities" now has a unique presence
- Daily Quests completion progress is now present on the home screen