5.0 Feedback Thread

MeatheadMilitiaMeatheadMilitia Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators, Member, Moderator 463 Posts
Hey Folks! 
Please use this thread to post all your feedback for our 5.0 release. 
We worked extremely hard to get all 3 of these major updates out to you, so we want to hear what you have to say. 

Remember to use the formatting in this thread when providing feedback as it helps us: https://communities.glu.com/sorcerers-arena/discussion/5449311/best-ways-to-give-feedback 
Bacon and Coffee, that's what I'm fueled by. 

Comments

• ReapersFuryXReapersFuryX Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    edited July 2019

Feedback Praise: 
    • Early impressions... great update!  A nice in-depth mode, and even better its club based pvp which honestly I thought we'd have to wait a while for. 
    • Great new visuals... everything looks very sleek
    • New characters are always great
    • Good time change for Grand Arena

Feedback Criticism: 
    • No details for the new character make it seem like it will be very grindy to unlock him
    • Still no Hades buff (saying for a friend ;))
    • Thats it so far... Great update!  :)
  • TimppisTimppis Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    edited July 2019
    Feedback criticism

Worst is the new character colors are horrible system both mechanically and especially visually (the update was visually bad altogether).

Battling with the diamonds above the characters is basically reducing legendary and nostalgic characters into colored chess pieces. It also breaks up the entire battling into optimisation grind instead of favourite teams and chars.

All in all the new update was multiple steps backwards.

No more small clubs with just few friends grinding together, because the clubvclub.

New quest paths are confusing and ugly and having pvp arena on the battle menu is just bizarre decision.

This was Bad

Edit: playing grand adventure my Demona can deal exactly 1 damage with any attack. This is surely intentional?

Edit 2: F*** the color system seriously. Trying to grind pvp points against stronger teams is now basically impossible when it randomyl gives you strong opponents that you can hit with 1 damage.

Why the hell would I care about classes when they have now absolutely ZERO meaning?

• ReapersFuryXReapersFuryX Registered Users, Member 105 Posts

More Feedback:

So upon playing more and doing my daily Arena battles, the arcana system needs to be tuned down quite a bit. I like the idea, but 50% increased damage AND 50% reduced damage is WAY to extreme. 

I know the intention was to hav people diversify their rosters, but the result is that based on the color system some toons are dying in 3 hits even facing bots. 

Suggested Fix:

Either make it so the Arcana system only affects skills, not basic attacks... OR Reduce the increased/decreased amounts to 15-20% tops. I don't think this is something that can wait for a new game version, this needs to be tweaked asap. Skill and strategy don't matter if you can.
  • MeatheadMilitiaMeatheadMilitia Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators, Member, Moderator 463 Posts
    Thank you for your feedback @ReapersFuryX
    :) 
  • MeatheadMilitiaMeatheadMilitia Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators, Member, Moderator 463 Posts
    Thanks @Timppis for your feedback! 
  • LudgateLudgate Registered Users, Member 65 Posts
    edited July 2019
    I like the new arcana system but I think the effects may be a little too pronounced.  It seems like it’s there to encourage diversity (which I fully support) but I’m finding it more effective to counter colours rather than the specific units.  Maybe after a few weeks of experimentation I’ll have a different opinion. 

I am really looking forward to club conquest. I love the idea. 

Huge fan fan of new Grand Arena payout time.  6pm actually worked well for me but I recognize that I’m in the minority. 

As for adventure mode:
    Pro: I really like how it’s all on one screen that I can scroll. 
    Con: I wish it was the old graphics.  The new ones are too dark and I’m not a fan of the lightning between nodes. 

Wishlist:  
    -Add old event characters and spells into exchanges please.  We got Mor’du.  How about Robin Hood, Jasmine, and Genie?

-I would love being able to see the contributions to yesterday’s club quests.  Having to look everyday at 11:45pm to make sure all my club members are pulling their weight would be disruptive to my sleep if I wasn’t such a night owl.  Some days I would just like a day off and be able to collect final results at 10am the next day.  Could you maybe build in a toggle between yesterday/today?

-A new level in the club hierarchy.  I’d like a level of “officers” that could do club conquest stuff without having full edit/kick authority in the club.  So Leader>Co-Leaders>Officers>Members

Edit: Could we also get a UI change so that we can see more than 4 top contributors at a time for club quests, please?
  • TripleTriple Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    edited July 2019
    Hi, I am the club leader of a long standing club that has been here since the game released . With that said , I believe I can make comparisons with the old patches and this patch that hold much weight having experienced both patches.

The most alarming thing that I’m seeing is the new Color Type System. This system is completely overpowered. As earlier comments have said and I respect that the game developers want a more diverse roster but putting a total of 100% damage (50% less damage to stronger type , 50% more damage taken from stronger type ) output difference completely ruins the game . The damage is so staggering and so painfully obvious that even passive mobs can kill you despite you using your abilities. Like I said I understand it is to reward diversity but when the Arena/PVP battle is already one that is based on RNG you can’t really predict and plan your match ups and your starting rosters. Please fix this . I’d recommend capping this 50% buff to either 5 or 10% because really anything over this 10% difference will have such a noticeable change to gameplay and takes out the fun from having your dream roster up .

less alarming things / rather trivial : 
    - I love the graphics now because it’s more in-depth but like the earlier comment, it’s a bit too dark now for a Disney game, I mean Disney has to be bright and cheery...right?

- RNG drops for character shards, and material drops for normal adventures. I don’t think the algorithms fixed yet because I find it ridiculous that I’m spending 23 tries for one material drop. Even for the Toy Story event that’s going on it’s still ridiculously hard to get shards for characters knowing full well we might never see a day that the shard earning opportunity for the characters (like bo peep, Genie , Jasmine )will come back.

EDIT 1: 
    Feedback Criticism:
    So now the goal is to diversify your roster , to make them ALL powerful / good , through the new club conquest but the avenues to get materials and resources are very very limited or the cost of upgrading the levels of heroes/ equipping enchantments are just too darn high for every character in your roster :( . I.E The materials for upgrading can only be gotten through exchanges, and the summoner challenges twice every week or so . And Gold is a perpetual problem , the cost to increase the star level of characters progressively get more expensive and the cost to level characters up are just too expensive . Please at least reduce the cost of gold , or increase the avenues to earn gold ! Please I’m begging you.

• DiemakerDiemaker Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    Hi, I’m a crazy club leader that likes to try and break the game.
    Feedback from me: I like the new color system. It fits right in my wheelhouse. The only thing I don’t like is it made Genie more meta than he already is. Giving him a blue/green/red would have been better. Just my opinion. 
    Feedback from my club: Looks awesome! Easier to navigate.
    The Passholder icon is oversized and looks out of place now. Pvp Arena was hard to find and should not be with the adventures. (Although I personally find the pvp arena an adventure 🙂).

I do like the payout time at 9pm. Now I won’t get scolded for battling and driving home from work by my gaming peers. 

Found a couple of bugs but they haven’t happened twice. Will send a ticket if I get a reoccurring one.  

ps. How high does the count go for Arena tokens? Never mind, I’ll find out eventually.😉
  • HexarHexar Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    Hello,

Just thought I would join in here too. Overall great update. Getting used to the new graphics and systems.

I was very skeptical about the Arcana systrm initially, but it is growing on me (I am actually winning MORE in arena now that I cracked "the code")

However! I agree with the others. It is not balanced at all. If anything it it has just made Ariel, Gaston and Merida even more powerful.

As others said, the percentages are way way too high. But another problem seems to be with the combat damage calculations.

From what people have figured out, damage reduction from defense is applied at the very end of the calculation. That means that on reduction is is overpowered and on buffs it is underpowered.

Switch it to be calculated before Arcana and it would smooth things out automatically.
  • CanberkCanberk Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    Hey, i just started playing the game 4 days ago.
    I feel like grand arena needs a change and here is why: When i started playing i got placed 1000th in grand arena, while players that started playing in that server earlier got placed way higher rank, SO they pretty much earn way more gems.
    There is no reset whatsoever in grand arena aswell.

It’s going to be nearly impossible to take the top spots rn, because the players that started the server early earn waaaaaay more gems per day, So they Will also make progress way faster than others that joined the grand arena server later, which makes it even harder to pass the top players.

This is a really big problem for me, 
    hope that there come changes in this!

Sorry about the delay on this, but thank you all for the feedback. 

I've boiled your points down and sent them off to the rest of the team. 

Please keep feedback coming in! 
  • SHDGAMESSHDGAMES Registered Users, Member 43 Posts
    Timppis said:
    Feedback criticism

Worst is the new character colors are horrible system both mechanically and especially visually (the update was visually bad altogether).

Battling with the diamonds above the characters is basically reducing legendary and nostalgic characters into colored chess pieces. It also breaks up the entire battling into optimisation grind instead of favourite teams and chars.

All in all the new update was multiple steps backwards.

No more small clubs with just few friends grinding together, because the clubvclub.

New quest paths are confusing and ugly and having pvp arena on the battle menu is just bizarre decision.

This was Bad

Edit: playing grand adventure my Demona can deal exactly 1 damage with any attack. This is surely intentional?

Edit 2: F*** the color system seriously. Trying to grind pvp points against stronger teams is now basically impossible when it randomyl gives you strong opponents that you can hit with 1 damage.

Why the hell would I care about classes when they have now absolutely ZERO meaning?

Just an idea about how they mention the diamonds, maybe there could be a way to give them a suttle colour glow around them on the ground eg blue glow red glow ect, and then when your using a skill the up and down arrows can still guide players on if the typing is strong or weak.