Update 5.0 - Club Conquest, Character Arcana, and Sorcerer Stones

MeatheadMilitiaMeatheadMilitia Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators, Member, Moderator 463 Posts
edited July 2019 in News & Events

Hey Summoners!

We have a major update for you today in the form of 5.0!

The biggest feature in this update is Club Conquest, where you and two other Clubs battle for Bases on a 3-way map.

What is Club Conquest?

Club Conquest is our newest feature where 3 Clubs compete in a real time competition, battling each other to hold as many Bases as possible on a shared map.

What are the minimum requirements for joining Club Conquest?

You need at minimum, 10 registered Club members to participate in Club Conquest. Each Club member must individually register for the Club War. 

How long is a Club Conquest?

There are multiple phases in a Club Conquest:    
Registration

Matchmaking

Planning

(Attack Phase + Regroup) x4  

Attack Phase

Scoring & Rewarding

How is your Club matched against other Clubs?

Clubs get matched Based on the aggregated power rating of registered players.

What are the win conditions of Club Conquest?

The first team to reach 45,000 points, or the team with the most points at the end of the Conquest, is declared the winner.

How are points earned?

• Clubs gain points over time Based on the number of Bases they control.
    • Clubs gain [1] point(s) per minute per connected Base to the HQ, plus [10] points per minute if they control [13] or more Bases.
  • A player earns [15] points for their Club on a successful attack.
  • A player earns [5] points for their Club on a successful defense.

What rewards can I earn in Club Conquest?

There are 3 rarities of chests: Epic, Rare and Common. These chests offer a chance to earn:

Davy Jones tokens (Club Conquest Exclusive)

Captain Jack Sparrow tokens

Captain Hook tokens

Gold

XP Potions

Sorcerer Stones (Club Conquest Exclusive)

How often will Club Conquest run?

Stay tuned for a specific event schedule… coming soon!

Is this the final form of Club Conquest?

No, as with everything in DSA, we are constantly monitoring and adjusting things as we analyze player feedback and data. So please be sure to let us know what you like and don’t like and we’ll take it into consideration. 

Club Conquest Tips:

1. Do not place all your defense teams as you will need teams to place on captured Bases.
  2. Do not place all your defense teams on a single Base.
  3. Arcana is a new mechanic to use for advantages on attack and defense.
  4. Each Character and Spell can be used one time on Offense and one time on Defense! 
  5. Coordinate with your Clubmates! Communication is key.
  6. Don’t lose sight of your own Bases. One moment they are there and the next, they are gone!
  7. Ask yourself, “How do we maximize our points gained per minute?”
  8. Defense teams don’t need Spells to place them
  9. You can create new defense teams during the rebuild phase
  10. You can capture back your defeated Bases if the opposing team doesn’t place any defensive teams on them
  11. Bases must be connected to the Headquarters to collect points for that Base.

In addition to Club Conquest, here are more changes we have made:

Introduced Character Arcana

Red > Green > Blue > Red

If Strong Against: Deal 50% additional damage. Receive 50% less damage.

If Weak Against: Deal 50% less damage. Received 50% more damage.

Yellow – Purple

These two colors are neither weak nor strong against RGB

Introduced Sorcerer Stones

Grand Arena Time Update: 

We have changed the reset time for Grand Arena from 6pm Local time to 9pm Local time

FEEDBACK THREAD: https://communities.glu.com/sorcerers-arena/discussion/5452911/5-0-feedback-thread 

Bacon and Coffee, that's what I'm fueled by. 

Comments

• ReapersFuryXReapersFuryX Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    Awesome update! When does it go live?
    Sorry for the double post. Are sorcerer's stones basically like runes?
  • MeatheadMilitiaMeatheadMilitia Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators, Member, Moderator 463 Posts
    Awesome update! When does it go live?
    We just pushed it seconds ago, so it may take a little for it to reach your store :) 
  • MeatheadMilitiaMeatheadMilitia Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators, Member, Moderator 463 Posts
    Sorry for the double post. Are sorcerer's stones basically like runes?
    No worries! 
    The Sorcerer Stones are used to boost your stats based on which Stone you equip. 
    edited July 2019
    Awesome update so far! I like the new visuals, will take some getting used to some things moving around
  • SHDGAMESSHDGAMES Registered Users, Member 43 Posts
    Love the new look and feel to the main screen, (even tho it took a little getting  used to were to find things like story and arena but do like the change)

Love the addition of the strengths and weakness (to add more depth) although currently at 50% more or less damage is way to high.

As for Conquest it would be a great help to be able to sort the teams for individuals aswell as leaders so they can sort by player or but team level or Deck Power  would be very usefull as currently everythings random and scrolling through trying to find teams is a nightmare. (Also maybe a custom sorting would be nice to drag teams in orders tou want?)
  • crispybaconcrispybacon Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    able to implement a feature to pass down leadership if leader and co leader is inactive for a certain number of days? we are so comfortable in this guild and everyone else is active except for leader and co leader. with the new club conquest coming up, I feel the leader role is very important now. I hope my feedback can be heard
  • IciclesIcicles Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    able to implement a feature to pass down leadership if leader and co leader is inactive for a certain number of days? we are so comfortable in this guild and everyone else is active except for leader and co leader. with the new club conquest coming up, I feel the leader role is very important now. I hope my feedback can be heard
    I agree. Should implement this 
    We are currently exploring an option like this, but nothing is finalized or planned for release.