Ask Us Anything - Answers Posted

MeatheadMilitiaMeatheadMilitia Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators, Member, Moderator 463 Posts
edited August 2019 in General Discussion

Hey Summoners!

Disney Sorcerer’s Arena has been in Beta for 5-months and we just wanted to say thank you for all of your feedback, words of encouragement, and passion you have shown our game.

While we will continue to answer questions on the fly, we’d like to do something more organized and visible.

In the comment section, please leave us any questions you want, it could be game or non-game related. We will do our best to get back to you in a timely fashion. We will most likely have to track down the person who can best answer the question, so please allow time for answers to start popping up.

Please note, if we don’t answer your question, it’s not that we don’t like you, but as we are in a Beta state and constantly adjusting things, we may not be able to answer the question at this time.

Ask Questions Phase: 7/29 – 7/30

Answer Questions Phase: 8/2ish

As a personal request, please keep your questions clear and concise :) I know we all enjoy writing paragraphs (myself included), but short and sweet is recommended.

Bacon and Coffee, that's what I'm fueled by. 

Comments

• pika89pika89 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    When this game will be aviable to play around the world and not cretin places? The wait is almost 6 months  i hope it will be realeased fast allready since i fed up with the waiting and i am sure there many another people like me who would want to know realease date off this game
  • UnstableGam3rUnstableGam3r Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
    Good afternoon! Just a few questions that would be awesome if you could answer or hint to...lol

1. Meathead and Dev’s - What’s your favorite Disney movie?
    2. Same audience - whys your favorite mobile game?
    3. Is there a potential to do crossovers or events for other Disney owned properties such as Fox and Marvel characters?
    4. Will there be syncing with Facebook or google?
    5. How long can we expect to see events repeat themselves, will there be a standard rotation?

Thank you for creating such a fun game and thank you for your time.
  • ReapersFuryXReapersFuryX Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    1. With Global release (presumably by the Glu roadmap) around the corner, are the pvp modes at a state where the team is happy with them, or should we still expect them to change?
    2. Is the team willing to give the community any participation in say, future character release? For example… Making a voting poll of 3 character choices (chosen by the team), and the winner is the next hero released in the game?
  • HexarHexar Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    edited July 2019
    First off. Thank you for doing this and I hope you will keep doing it once in a while when you get time.

1. Are there plans to make Zurg available? Theres been two whole months of Toy Story content and he was nowhere to be seen!

2. For Arcana, was there any system or plan when matching characters and colors?
    It all seems very random!

3. For future events, could you do a write up of what we can expect in regards to money/gem/event currency packs during the event? I personally would prefer being able to prioritize when it will be worth going all in.

Forgot one!

4. Any chance you'll be doing normal  Arena "tournaments" like the Dumbo one again, or were they deemed too easy?
  • bumble2beebumble2bee Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    Hades? What happened in the design for him? Any chance for a rework? 

Arcana? Too much of an advantage given to the character that is strong vs weak. Please adjust. 

Passholder gold costing $$. Please don’t switch to this. The disadvantage is huge and currently the work around to get purchases is difficult for those playing beta from countries not yet available in. 

Token shop. Any way that the characters that show up in here are only ones not easily available elsewhere?

that’s all I got for now. 
  • lawreylawrey Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    edited July 2019
    Hi! I have been one of the players since the very beginning and I understand that the Arena is PVPing another player in real-time. However, 90% of the time I am seeing connection issues despite being at a place with a high-speed network. I am guessing that it may be a network issue from the other side but this has been an ongoing issue. May I know why this is happening since in other PVP apps I am not experiencing the same.
  • SHDGAMESSHDGAMES Registered Users, Member 43 Posts
    Is there current plans to have more live pvp or tornament style game modes to encourage deck building creativity and an end game to keep maxed players busy/interested
  • MeatheadMilitiaMeatheadMilitia Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators, Member, Moderator 463 Posts

What’s your favorite Disney Movie?

My favorite Disney movie is Robin Hood, has been since I was a little one.

What are some of the other Developers favorite Disney/Pixar Movies?

No surprise here, but members of the team said, The Lion King, Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Toy Story, Moana, Mulan, Frozen, Zootopia, Finding Nemo, Alice in Wonderland, UP…honestly the list goes on and on and on. We have MANY Disney and Pixar Geeks on the team!

Is there a potential to do crossovers or events for other Disney owned properties such as Fox and Marvel characters?

We are solely focusing our energy on all things Disney and Pixar! These universes keep us very busy and there is so much potential for us to work with.

Will there be syncing with Facebook or google?

We don't currently have plans to support Facebook as an authentication method, but we are planning to allow account linking across devices and platforms. Details TBD

How long can we expect to see events repeat themselves, will there be a standard rotation?

We are still settling in on events and their cadence, so we don’t have a rotation planned yet. We do want to bring events back out, like you are seeing now with our Aladdin event. We have been excited to see people play and enjoy our live events, that has been very rewarding.

Are the PvP modes at a state where the team is happy with them, or should we still expect them to change?

Expect changes large and small across all aspects of the game, we are dedicated to creating a fun experience and we will continue to implement and update modes or create new ones.

Is the team willing to give the community any participation in say, future character release?

Community feedback is something we value, and while we have no plans at the above-mentioned style of character development, we are always open ears to characters you’d like to see in game. We really like it when a character we’ve either chopped or didn’t think of comes up and gives us more of a reason to try and build a kit that makes sense for that character.

As much as we’d also like to make characters for the sake of making characters, making sure new characters serve a purpose or have a reason for being created will definitely push a character’s timeline ahead of another.

Are there plans to make Zurg available?

We do have plans to make Zurg available, but nothing we’re currently willing to disclose. There are also many other characters we look forward to you seeing as well.

For Arcana, was there any system or plan when matching characters and colors?

It all seems very random!

Yes, Arcana was given to specific characters to keep certain teams together for some upcoming feature plans.

Will Character rebalance happen?

Yes, characters will be constantly monitored and adjusted accordingly. Balance is no easy task, when one thing gets adjusted it can alter multiple things around it. Though you feel we may not be looking at a specific character, I assure you, we are 😊

What is the plan for the Token Shop?

Token Exchange will go through a redesign in the future.

For future events, could you do a write up of what we can expect in regard to money/gem/event currency packs during the event?

We will do our best to improve our communication of value you get with our packs and limited offers, as well as how events are meant to work. Our goal is to be as clear as possible and we will keep working on this.

Are there current plans to have more live PvP or tournament style game modes?

We are constantly looking for and thinking of ways to engage players and come up with new and fresh ways to do so. While we don’t have anything we can share now, know we are actively thinking about “the next thing.”  That being said PVP is very important to us and it is safe to say we will look for ways to keep you excited about the mode.

Bacon and Coffee, that's what I'm fueled by. 
  • DisneyluvgodDisneyluvgod Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I was just thinking you guys should put Aurora (Sleeping beauty) in the game. Maleficent 2 is coming in October and that will be a perfect time to add her. I know it will be hard but image if you add her in a fighting game. Everyone will Happy And Surprise.....
  • badjingan87badjingan87 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    edited September 2019
    Just checking on how the programming code works for item drops as it looks broken to me..

Most obvious case is in summoner's challenge. Gold reward is between 22 - 130k. More often i only received 22k upon winning or some combination that i swore i have seen before -  eg: 58264 or something ( will take a screenshot next time ). There are others hundred of thousand probability! Not just those few

Also tested with buying a pack booster and it says chance between 10-330. Maybe its just my sh*tty luck but 95% of the time they only gave me 10 😂 , once it gave me 15 but thats it. Please have a look and fix
  • LudgateLudgate Registered Users, Member 65 Posts
    These aren’t broken and are quite intentional.  I’ll address them separately.

For the Summoner’s Challenge, there are only 5-6 possible payout amounts.  22k is the lowest, 130k is the highest but there isn’t an equal probability between them.  The ones I specifically remember are 22k, 44,440, 66,665, one around 75k, and I think there’s one in the low 100k’s but I’m not certain on that.

As for the packs, again there are a set number of predetermined amounts in each pack.  It doesn’t say anywhere that there’s an equal chance between them.  Certainly the minimum amount will be the most common amount to get and in my opinion when you are purchasing a pack, you should count on the lowest amount and treat anything you get beyond that as a bonus.  Your luck isn’t poor, that’s how the pack are designed and it’s like that in just about every gacha game.
  • VaneVane Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    I'm really missing character's voice in the game. Any chance that will be implemented in the future?

In Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes there's no voice for the characters, but that's another situation. Disney/Pixar movies have a strong voice impact becouse they are narrated for being animated movies. Mute actions makes me feel empty during gameplay and that's so sad. Just some small quotes in the collection menu and in some key spells and skills would fix it.
  • DaRTHxChaRLieDaRTHxChaRLie Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Just started playing a few days ago. Really enjoy the game! My biggest complaint is the inability to refresh Tournament battles. Simply moving up a few slots a day against people who I can auto is not ideal. Will there be opportunities in the future to purchase more attempts with gems? Thank you!
  • partyboygriffpartyboygriff Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    How many shards do you need for each character at each star level?
  • rdebord3rdebord3 Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    I probably can beat the last tower in the game, however I'm scared that if I do I won't be able to farm any more tower tokens  once they are all defeated can I still play the towers and win tower tokens?