Lineup order changes

LudgateLudgate Registered Users, Member 65 Posts
Before the latest patch the order of your heroes mattered, especially for front line ones.  But since, the system randomizes the order in which they appear in the battlefield and this has removed a large strategic element from both Grand Arena and Club Conquest.   There was nothing in the patch notes about the change.  Was it intentional or is this a bug?

Comments

• MeatheadMilitiaMeatheadMilitia Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators, Member, Moderator 463 Posts
    edited August 2019
    Just re-read your question and understand what you're trying to say. 

No there is no set location the characters show up on the battlefield besides their range. 

It has been random since the beginning. 
    Bacon and Coffee, that's what I'm fueled by. 
  • LudgateLudgate Registered Users, Member 65 Posts
    edited August 2019
    No, I’m talking about the left to right order for your 3 man team.  Before you could match up certain characters to get an arcana advantage (Aladdin vs. Buzz for example).  When the opponent had 2 front lines of different arcana alignments you could give yourself a big edge this way.  But since the update that brought us the Sorcerer’s Trials, the order is now random.  So you can HOPE for the same advantage but you could also get screwed.  It took away from strategy.
  • MeatheadMilitiaMeatheadMilitia Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators, Member, Moderator 463 Posts
    See above. 

I edited and you posted at the same time. 
  • LudgateLudgate Registered Users, Member 65 Posts
    Well sounds like it’s working as intended, but I assure you that we could control it before the last update.  Any chance we could get it back? 😂
  • ReapersFuryXReapersFuryX Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    I'm not sure if there is some confusion, or if it was a coding error, but it most certainly was not always random. We actively used it every single day without fault to get good matchups in GA. Two front line characters would ALWAYS result in the left-most character on the selection screen being the top-most character in the battle
    I will ask the developers to check the code they put into the game to verify the response they gave me seconds ago. 

Estimated time: TBD