Update - 8/21/2019

MeatheadMilitiaMeatheadMilitia Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators, Member, Moderator 463 Posts
edited August 2019 in News & Events

Exchange changes – Increase currency cost for character tokens, lower cost for spell tokens

From The Dev: 
The decision to increase character token cost in the exchange was to encourage players, especially new ones, to upgrade their gear tiers first.

Various Bugs and audio fixes

NOTE: Exchange changes wont happen until after a refresh
Bacon and Coffee, that's what I'm fueled by. 

Comments

• CanberkCanberk Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    Revert, this is INSANE 1K arena Exchange for 1 token??
    10K grand campaign Exchange for 1 token & 7500 tower Exchange for 1 token??

RIP ALL FREE TO PLAY PLAYERS.

This game is getting way too P2W now,
    this event is also an disaster for F2P players.
  • MeatheadMilitiaMeatheadMilitia Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators, Member, Moderator 463 Posts
    Canberk said:
    Revert, this is INSANE 1K arena Exchange for 1 token??
    10K grand campaign Exchange for 1 token & 7500 tower Exchange for 1 token??

RIP ALL FREE TO PLAY PLAYERS.

This game is getting way too P2W now,
    this event is also an disaster for F2P players.
    Thank you for your feedback :) 
  • TGE_TitanTGE_Titan Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Feedback - I think it's pretty BS to increase the token cost so much, the drop rates are already so low, and farming villain tokens already difficult for F2P with the 3 heart limit on the levels. Also BS to increase the $ amount for the loot packs. I'd be happy to pay if I knew a definite amount of cards I was getting instead of paying a premium price and only getting the minimum. It's not cool or sustainable to charge that much. I'm happy with the price of the season pass but think the option should be there to pay with gems too. 
  • MeatheadMilitiaMeatheadMilitia Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators, Member, Moderator 463 Posts
    TGE_Titan said:
    Feedback - I think it's pretty BS to increase the token cost so much, the drop rates are already so low, and farming villain tokens already difficult for F2P with the 3 heart limit on the levels. Also BS to increase the $ amount for the loot packs. I'd be happy to pay if I knew a definite amount of cards I was getting instead of paying a premium price and only getting the minimum. It's not cool or sustainable to charge that much. I'm happy with the price of the season pass but think the option should be there to pay with gems too. 
    Thank you for the feedback, i'll pass it along :) 
  • beefheartbeefheart Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Sigh, I completely agree with others here.
    Your devs want to encourage new players to tier up instead of star up? This smells of horses**t.
    1. Why not reduce the cost of materials in the exchange instead?
    2. Events are currently focused on stars as a ticket to entry. Unless you have 7-star characters, you will not be able to even attempt the top price. So why should new players focus on tiers again?
    3. You don't want to offset the cost of one thing against another to steer players in a particular direction. You want to balance the cost to let the player make his/her own choice.
    4. Getting tokens is already enough of a grind as it is, particularly with the ones only available in elite battles, or the ones that are exclusive the to exchange. The latter are now even more out of reach for people who are catching up or just getting started.
    I could go on, please revert this change.
  • TimppisTimppis Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    This was asked to be moved here

The exchange rate change for characters is absolutely ridiculous. The game already been going towards more and more predatory monetization but doubling or even more increase in character pieces is just ridiculous.

Basically you could afford maybe 5-8 pieces of different characters a day and with the randomization that was a really balanced level.

Now grand exchange and club exchange both become virtually useless for characters.

Really hoping for adjustment downwards.

Lowering a spell at pvp exchange for 200 and raising 600 for chars... yeah.

If you want spell/char balance then do slight adjustment not something drastic like this.

The thing that bothers me personally most is that now all the modes in which you have to play (not auto-win) are useless. Why bother playing pvp or club dungeon or tower when everything is insanely priced.

Thank you everyone for your feedback, as always, throughout Beta we will be making many changes, some changes piece by piece and some in one big package, please know we are constantly observing and analyzing while we go through this Beta period. :) 
  • ReapersFuryXReapersFuryX Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    There are too many negative changes happening at once. This is somewhat of a combined feedback post for this update and the current event. 

• Reducing free event attempts from 5 to 3
    • Having the last level only playable by getting a currency that is solely dependent on RNG with a horribly low drop rate
    • High cost event pack
    • A sizable increase in token costs, where most of the currency is limited
    This is a lot of changes at once all directed towards monetizing the game. There are other ways to go about it that don't also take the fun out of it the way these are doing. If you want people to spend money, make the battles themselves more difficult, where people will need to invest more into characters. Or stick with the normal format of required stars and multiple pack options. Don't punish players, especially F2P players, by barely letting them even play the event without spending. 

• TGE_TitanTGE_Titan Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I'd just like to add some more positive feedback, I've really been enjoying the game up until this point. I love the art, the characters are awesome (We need Kida though?!). I found this months season pass quests too easy, I reached tier 50 in two weeks whereas last month it took nearly the whole month. Perhaps somewhere inbetween?
    There are too many negative changes happening at once. This is somewhat of a combined feedback post for this update and the current event. 

• Reducing free event attempts from 5 to 3
    • Having the last level only playable by getting a currency that is solely dependent on RNG with a horribly low drop rate
    • High cost event pack
    • A sizable increase in token costs, where most of the currency is limited
    This is a lot of changes at once all directed towards monetizing the game. There are other ways to go about it that don't also take the fun out of it the way these are doing. If you want people to spend money, make the battles themselves more difficult, where people will need to invest more into characters. Or stick with the normal format of required stars and multiple pack options. Don't punish players, especially F2P players, by barely letting them even play the event without spending. 

And we really appreciate any and all feedback that comes in, so please don't hesitate to mention anything, even if you think it's a small thing. We want to hear it.