There are serious issues with the current format of Club Conquest. The recent severe reduction in reward payouts was the final nail in the coffin. We hope you will review our criticism and consider our suggestions for improvement.
The following is a summary of suggestions and criticism gathered through public and private discussions on Discord.
Until recently there used to be a proper differentation between rewards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in CC. Now there is virtually none. To make matters worse, the rewards are barely worth the effort, and organising and winning a Club Conquest takes a LOT of effort.
- Rewards are not announced. What are we playing for?
- Normal and rare chests are virtually identical
- 50 team members do their best to win, but only a lucky few are rewarded with Epic chests
- Not counting the occasional Epic chest it will take more than 3 years of straight CC wins to get Davy Jones to 7 stars
- Rewards are not based on effort, like how many bases a team manages to capture or how many points they gather. How about 5 gems for each tower captured?
You got this right in the daily Club Quests. If everyone pitches in and completes 500 PvP battles, we all get this many exchange tokens and this many gems. Please consider a similar payout structure for Club Conquest.
- 1st place: 8 Davy Jones tokens, 500.000 gold, 300 gems, ...
- 2nd place: 4 Davy Jones tokens, 250.000 gold, 150 gems, ...
- 3rd place: 2 Davy Jones tokens, 100.000 gold, 50 gems, ...
It will still take 10 wins to unlock Davy Jones and 40+ wins to get him to 7 stars. A considerable effort, but at least now it's realistially within reach. Feel free to add random bonuses to the rare and epic chests, but there needs to be a baseline difference between 1st, 2nd and 3rd. This way the whole club is properly rewarded. Currently 90% of the club members are left with nothing but disappointment after winning a conquest. Why should we even bother?
Matchup is completely broken. The matchup algorithm can be vastly improved, but the core of the issue is that you need to level the playing field. Some possibilities:
- Reduce the number of defenses and attacks each player can use from 10 to 5 or 3
- Reduce the number of defenses on each tower from 5 to 3 or 2
- Reduce the total power each player can deploy to say 10.000. A strong level 60 player can set up 3 2800-2900 defenses. A weaker player can deploy 5 2000 teams.
The Disney Titans are currently the strongest club in the game. With the current format they can not be beaten, even if the second and third strongest clubs were to team up. There's nothing wrong with the Titans, there's something wrong with the Club Conquest format.
Also a defense of 7 star characters is unbeatable for someone at level 10, 20, 30 or 40. Where's the fun in Club Conquest for the newcomers?
If done right, Club Conquest may be the most fun aspect of this game. We sincerely hope you can focus on fixing these issues. Long live Club Conquest!
If anyone has additional comments and suggestions, please post them in the comments.