Update 8.0 Review - Inbound TBD

MeatheadMilitiaMeatheadMilitia Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators, Member, Moderator 463 Posts
edited November 2019 in News & Events

Summoners –

We’re gearing up to release an exciting update!

Being in beta means that we are constantly updating the game to improve the overall experience. Based on all of your feedback as well as our own observations, we’ve made some significant improvements to the combat system as well as other enhancements.

Like you, we love Disney and Pixar characters and we are fortunate to have some of the most beloved franchises in Disney Sorcerer’s Arena. Because of our passion for this game, we are committed to delivering a best-in-class Disney gaming experience for players around the world.

What’s Changing?

1.     Team Size – You’ll now be able to utilize FIVE characters from your roster in battle!

2.     Combat – Having to deploy attacks while under the mana bar time crunch has been eliminated and will be replaced by Turn-Based Attacks. This allows the battle pace to be entirely in your hands. You’ll be able to better deploy your combat strategy and adapt to your offensive tactics more methodically. The competitive PvP Arena mode will remain synchronous, giving each player designated time to execute their actions.

3.     Characters – The new turn-based system allows us to focus on the individual characters as well as increase and enhance their interactions with other characters.

4.     Spells – The spell system is getting an overhaul, providing more dramatic events that can turn the tide in battle. Spells will now charge independently and when available, can be cast at any time during your turn. This change also allows you to more easily setup ability combinations.

5.     Environments – Each character getting their own turn to attack gives us more flexibility to leverage new camera angles and deliver on more lush, high-definition environments. This cinematic experience gives each character the spotlight they deserve, making your in-game experience even more enjoyable.

What About My Progress?

We will NOT be wiping your progress and you will retain all the characters you've purchased or earned.

Tuning is a fundamental part of the beta process and will continue. Going forward, we may disable a character or spell from the game to fine-tune how it interacts with the new combat system.

What’s Next?

To continue your progress, we’ll be rewarding you for all the real money you’ve spent in Disney Sorcerer’s Arena from initial beta launch up until the release date of this forum post by gifting you an equivalent amount of bonus gems! For example, if you have spent $100 in the game, you will receive $100 worth of bonus gems to explore the new combat system. In addition, we’re working on some fun beta gifts for all players. Stay tuned for details!

We appreciate your support and hope that you are able to use these gifts to further your collection as we move closer to worldwide launch early next year!

Bacon and Coffee, that's what I'm fueled by. 

Comments

• xDannixDanni Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    edited November 2019
    Keen to see the changes. Love the game in its current format, but I haven’t enjoyed any of the turn based games I’ve played previously, so hopefully this will be the first. 

Hopefully the “set your own pace” means we can still keep the current intensity and fast paced battle play, as I find turn based games super slow and clunky.
  • MeatheadMilitiaMeatheadMilitia Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators, Member, Moderator 463 Posts
    We will be releasing more information at a later date :) 

The Synchronous PvP gets pretty intense 

But definitely looking forward to your feedback post launch of 8.0! 
  • DiemakerDiemaker Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    Gifting for just playing Beta? Are you Santa’s elves?
  • MeatheadMilitiaMeatheadMilitia Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators, Member, Moderator 463 Posts
    Funny enough @Diemaker, my dad used to Dress up as Santa and go around to Nursing homes and children's hospitals to brighten up their day during the season...I would go along as his Elf...at 6'4" ...in green tights...yes there are photos...no, I'm not sharing them with you folks haha
  • SHDGAMESSHDGAMES Registered Users, Member 43 Posts
    Wow, can i just say this seems like a complete change of the game and gaming experience. I have loved the real time playing and pvp action aswell aswell as the quick nature of the game has been enjoyable. (I do love strategy but have been able to appreciate they way it has been implemented real time and fast). (Previously had been playing turnbased strategy but that had evolved to be so long and drawn out)
    As for the changes proposed, i hope it dosnt imitate Disney Heros.
    I can appreciate the ideas an will of the developers but do have concerns as do other current players who enjoy the current system (would it be possible to have a game mode that is like the current one?)

• WinterbottonWinterbotton Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    "we move closer to worldwide launch early next year!"

That's awesome since "Disney Heroes: Battle Mode" become available that has been my favorite game, but in the latest year they have taken actions that has driven away the playerbase from them:
    *Increase the skill and hero xp amount
    *Reduced to almost 10% of the original amount the rewards of the most time-consuming mode: Invasion
    *Addition 6 star to every hero. That created a negative rain of reviews
    *Suffered 2 merges just months later to hit the official 1° Anniversary.
    *Imbalance heroes added that can defeat by themselves a team of 5 heroes.

Really do you have, from what i listened, the upper hand and, from a lot of players there, big expectations of what this game will be. Many of us expect not re-experience more of the miss we lived there, so I'm looking forward to test this new game by my own.
  • rderde Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    well... that's a bummer.

I just found out about this game yesterday and have been playing it like a crazy. All the time.
    The best thing in it is the combat system, i think it has great balance that could be refined into perfection. Before i've only had this feeling with Battle Royale. 

I also liked that you don't have to wait or pay (probably going to change also?). Lot of different areas in the game. But now knowing its going to be just another turn-based game makes me want to forget it already. How can you even change the game so dramatically at this point? That's like developing a boat but releasing an airplane.
  • Stealthy_NinjaStealthy_Ninja Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    edited December 2019
    I signed up just to comment on this.

The update is terrible. The move to turned based is a big mistake, I loved PVP and now I just don’t want to play anymore. The fast paced frantic play has been replaced with boring turned based crap, I have stopped playing.

I am actually really angry about this, I really liked the gameplay like it was and it has been ruined. Change it back and tweak it a little, don’t overhaul it to be a different game.