Update 8.0 Is Here!

MeatheadMilitiaMeatheadMilitia Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators, Member, Moderator 463 Posts
edited December 2019 in News & Events

Summoners!

We are beyond pumped to bring you Update 8.0. There are a lot of amazing changes that come with the update, so let’s break it down:

• Turn-Based Combat: more strategic battles with the combat pace and tactics entirely in your hands!
  • PvP: competitive PvP Arena mode remains synchronous, giving each player time to execute their actions.
  • Larger team size: You can now battle with FIVE characters on your team!
  • Combat effects: the new turn-based system showcases individual character moments and enhances their interactions with other characters.
  • High-definition battlegrounds: lush new battlefields, including new camera angles to experience your team’s action in a whole new way!
  • New spell system: spells now charge independently and when available, can be cast at any time when ready during your turn allowing for more tide-turning moments in battle!
  • Updated UI
  • Detailed character stats
  • Big fixes and other improvements

We value your support and welcome your feedback regarding these updates!

Join us on Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/sorcerersarena 

Bacon and Coffee, that's what I'm fueled by. 

Comments

• WillymanillyWillymanilly Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    Quite an update. In fact changed the whole feel of the game. 
    Good work to the devs to create a completely different game than they started with. 
    Hopefully it captures the audience from Marvel strike force or Raid cause it has the feel of that now. Quite a bit slower, but perhaps more tactics.
    I enjoyed the way the game was before the 8.0 and I hope that many will enjoy the game in the future, but my first impressions are that I won't be one of them.
    Good luck with the feedback.
    -Where there's a Will, there's a way-
  • MeatheadMilitiaMeatheadMilitia Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators, Member, Moderator 463 Posts
    As I said on Discord Willy, I appreciate your feedback and thank you for your time spent in game. 

I wish you the best of luck in life and if you find yourself getting that itch to try it out again, we'll be here with the door open! :) 
  • Stealthy_NinjaStealthy_Ninja Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Change to turned based ruined the fast paced fun of the game. I hate it now, one star reviews on the App Store incoming.
  • KaptenKapten Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Dont really know ofofi should name it here but ive Bern trying some chars out and according to the attack information om Queen of Hearts, her scream ability should hit every enemy bit it only shows and registrer dmg for one. Cant remember the name of the ability. Is this somrthing you will look into?
  • SohviiraSohviira Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    You have ruined a fast paced, fun and challenging game. It was a breath of fresh air but you decided to change the gameplay to a clone of a thousand other RPGs that are EXACTLY the same. Turn based play is slow as heck, the extra effects on the attacks arent that special to make update worthwhile. In the old game it was kinda hard to level up after lvl40 but now you have made sure players have to pay up to make any real progress. You will lose a lot of old players, some that have been with you from the get go. I havent seen a single positive comment on the global or club chat in the game. Many have even considered to uninstall this whole mess of a game, me included. (Oh just saw someone in my club actually uninstall already...) It is ok to tweak and improve your game, and you should do that, but WHY on earth change it completely to something so disappointing? Really bummed and I hope you do take all this disappointment and feedback to heart or just wait for worldwide release and settle with players that will never know how good the game used to be.
  • FreiteezFreiteez Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    Like others said before me this completely changes the feel of the game. It went from a unique fast paced game to feeling like a super slow RPG. Glad I leveled up my poison Apple all the way for it to turn into a wand. The game feels easier but just way to slow for my liking. Good luck in the future but since playing from day 1 I’ll probably have to say goodbye. 
  • EpicMickeyEpicMickey Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I love the game so much more now that it's more like an RPG and less like an auto battler, I feel there is so many auto battlers out now that it's kind of the norm and rather bland. One match and I can see the charm in the new update, it feels like I have more control over the battle and my characters as well. Something that requires a bit more strategy without losing the overall enjoyment of seeing so many Disney characters coming together like they are. Excellent update and eagerly looking forward to more fun down the line :)
  • MeatheadMilitiaMeatheadMilitia Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators, Member, Moderator 463 Posts
    Thank you everyone for the feedback so far :) 
  • DocceDocce Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    My question is, why did you revamp the exchange and gear? From what I've seen ingame everything is a lot more expensive now and required materials for crafting gearpieces took a huge leap in amount needed. Gold from summoners challenge was also decreased it looks like, the arena exchange is also gone. Is there a reason for this? 

Are these changes meant to entice the influx of new players you will get when the game goes to live to spend money rather than grind? Because I feel with these changes you pretty much have to buy stuff in order to see any kind of progress like the one we've enjoyed so far, and that immediately removes any and all interest I have in this game. As someone who's been playing every day for months now and also purchased several passholders I just really want an answer to the thought process behind this revamp so I can decide if I should keep playing or not. 

Thanks

• WinterbottonWinterbotton Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    Docce said:
    My question is, why did you revamp the exchange and gear? From what I've seen ingame everything is a lot more expensive now and required materials for crafting gearpieces took a huge leap in amount needed. Gold from summoners challenge was also decreased it looks like, the arena exchange is also gone. Is there a reason for this?
    My goodness hope this isn't what i believe. Because this sounds more like a greedy decision that I'm (unfortunately) see often in the direct competition of this game: Disney Heroes Battle Mode. Why? Because this sounds like the update they made to "benefit the economy of the game" and ruined the rank up system for everyone in the game.
  • SoulxReaper9522SoulxReaper9522 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Was loving the game but hate the new update combat is worst now, I'm not a fan of the new turn base system it's slow and not enjoyable, I'd like the old system more it was fast paced and required you to think more, now if you to have any chance on winning pvp you to have to use auto battle as there's not enough time for pvp battles most of the times I'm defeated is due to the time running out. Also notice the cost for upgrading your characters has increased and would say it is too expensive now. I'm going to stick around for a bit (a month or so) to see if the game gets better as I have put a bit of money in to this game but will not be spend anymore until I feel like there some improvements for example the turn base combat has to go.
  • rderde Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    So you are deleting too negative reviews from here now? What a joke.
    @rde Just went through all our logs, nothing has been deleted from our side. 

As you can see from the above, everything that has been feedback has been kept. 
  • SoulxReaper9522SoulxReaper9522 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    I can no longer support or recommend this game any longer with the introduction of the VIP system and the bad update it has left a bad impression, I will say that I had Alot of fun with the game and had meet some awesome people throught playing but I am not interested in a game that solo purpose is to take as much money from the players as possible. The VIP system was the last straw for me this game already had a gold membership system In place that you had to pay for which was OK I guess but now there's a VIP status you can pay for too that's just greedy.
    edited December 2019
    Real good going Glu. Getting 99% negative feedback on recent "updates" (downgrading to total garbage) your replies are "thx for feedback lol we will notify team and truly take into consideration lol". Not even trying to sound like you give two S about people that have played your game for months. Tbh all that happens is that the game gets more and more greedy. Upping prices left and right, exchange is a robbery... and now playing takes more energy so you get even less of a chance to even TRY to make progress without paying. Paid passholder has gotten a new paid friend VIP. More and more pay for this pay for that and not. a. SINGLE thing to improve the game.

And now the talk about wiping beta progress? 
    "Though it's not our intention to wipe before Global Release, if for some reason a situation should rise where we NEED to do so, we will cross that bridge...but we really hope we never have to cross that bridge. " bet you the game will cost 20something when released you greedy bastards you. :D

Dunno why I am even writing this, you will probably just copy paste your generic bullpooo reply or just ignore it as you have done to all the feedback "you most certainly will take up with the team"

• LudgateLudgate Registered Users, Member 65 Posts
    The "wiping beta progress" has been discussed at length on discord.  They won't be wiping progress.  That is there to protect themselves in the very small chance that it becomes absolutely necessary but it won't come to that.
    Thank lucifer for that at least... doesnt redeem all the other duckery going on tho. Have seen many new players now that game is available in Canada wondering about the cost of things. Being frustrated on how time consuming progress will be. Wont be a big hit when released (unless a player is a child with mommys credit card).