Arena PVP Time/Reward

Stitch_313Stitch_313 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
Hello, I was wondering if the plans were currently to leave the daily reward structure for PVP the way it is and also leave some feedback.

As it is, I enjoy the turn based combat, however, as far as PVP goes, The time commitment it takes to earn 10 stars is completely unbalanced with the reward for doing so (10 gems, coins, + 1 shard). It takes about 20 minutes to get through the battles (and most people are playing them on auto, which definitely makes them longer). 

I have two pieces of feedback, either adjust the PvP pack reward to be congruent with the time commitment of playing the (minimum) 4-6 matches required, to say, I don't know. 5 Shards, maybe not all of the same character. Or 3 shards of the same character. Or Include Gear pieces. Anything Really. Right Now it's simply not worth it when there is no event character in the packs, and even then, I'd say... meh. It feels like a chore and it's supposed to be fun and rewarding. 

Secondly, the main reason these battles are taking so long that I've noticed is due to the Spell Trigger's Tower. This spell is a cancer on pvp, it plays havoc with the AI's targeting for people playing on auto, and furthermore, the ability to constantly replace it at low health extends battle time by countless turns. Often, nearly every match I'd say, it is the last thing on the enemy field. You then spend precious turns getting it to low health, only to have it replace itself with full health and having to start again. Getting Rid of Trigger's Tower is the most time consuming part of any battle I've had. So I suggest two things: Either have the battle end when your 5 ACTUAL characters have been defeated, ending the battle no matter how many "summons" remain on the field, OR simply make Trigger's Tower unable to be re summoned after the 5 Main characters have been defeated, OR increase the amount of energy it takes to re summon the tower, OR give the summon less health. 

Seriously. I cannot stress how fun-breaking that spell is. I spend 10-20 turns fighting a summon. It's not fun, and it's the main reason my PVP matches end in draws, which, again, is not fun or rewarding.  i often miss out on a win I should have gotten simply because Trigger re summoned itself 3 times because it has too much health to kill with only 2 characters left, even though, technically, I defeated the enemy team.

Otherwise enjoying the game and the character animations a lot! 

Comments

• MeatheadMilitiaMeatheadMilitia Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators, Member, Moderator 463 Posts
    Hey @Stitch_313 !

First off, welcome to the forums :) 
    Secondly, thank you for the well thought out and constructive feedback! 

I will pass this along to the rest of the team. 

Glad you're enjoying the game, and please feel free to keep the feedback coming! 

If you have Discord, feel free to join us on our server as well! 

https://discord.gg/sorcerersarena
    Bacon and Coffee, that's what I'm fueled by. 
  • LudgateLudgate Registered Users, Member 65 Posts
    A couple things Stitch.  First, Trigger tower will be less common in PvP once you and the people around you unlock better spells.  I know it's not a help right now but there's hope for the future.
    Second, Character Tokens are not guaranteed in the arena pack.  This is a common misconception amongst new players as they started during the event that had an exceptional arena pack.
  • Stitch_313Stitch_313 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Ludgate said:
    A couple things Stitch.  First, Trigger tower will be less common in PvP once you and the people around you unlock better spells.  I know it's not a help right now but there's hope for the future.
    Second, Character Tokens are not guaranteed in the arena pack.  This is a common misconception amongst new players as they started during the event that had an exceptional arena pack.
    That makes sense. I have found a few better spells since this post, and use trigger less often myself. And Thanks for the clarification on the arena packs, I did not know that. I still think the current reward is a little underwhelming, I usually do not do all my pvp battles (a not great thing), because it's not really worth it for the time commitment since there's so much to do in the app (a really good thing). It may be worth it to others who want robin hood, I'm not sure if he's the "standard" pvp reward, but for me it still seems a bit like a slog. I particularly enjoy the tower of endurance, and the recent changes to different rewards are very good decisions. Overall, I am finding it easier to progress as I raise my summoner level across a wide variety of avenues.