FIX SHAN YU AND KINGDOM CHARACTERS, PLEASE!

DjizzleDjizzle Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
The fourth post I’ve made about the subject. Which is a Crystal Clear issue I’ve seen mentioned in plenty of other posts yet nothing has been said other than “we’ll be sure to inform our team.” Well you aren’t informing/stressing the importance enough!!!! FIX THE BROKEN game Mechanics so PvP arena can be a PvP arena and not a Kingdom Character arena!!!! I am sick and tired of everyone abusing the broken mechanics and having so many turns. The game is going to get real stale and real old real fast with everyone building/using the same teams!!! I am tired of facing the same exact teams and tired of the other teams having 6-7 turns to my two turns. No I will not go mindless and sell out everything like the others to be the same/do the same as everyone else nor should I or anyone else have to be subject to.

Im getting tired of the same “we’ll let our team know” response without any actions being put forth. It’s bad enough that you’ll rarely be matched up with people around your same deck power. It’s getting even worse when everyone is doing the same thing and using the same characters! Shan Yu’s leader ability isn’t broken in campaign mode so why is it so broken in the arena? I’m tired of hearing the same responses, FIX the issues and do something! Make the characters work as they should and keep it BALANCED. There’s such a lack of balance it’s not even funny. It’s lame because the game has so much potential it’s not even funny but what does potential mean when all the developers want to do is procrastinate and seem to want to be reactive instead of proactive? Nothing! Y’all are in for a fast start to end just as fast so long as things continue to be the same and that’s facts 

Comments

• Cloud93Cloud93 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I totally agree with you, it's impossible to play in PvP now. Shan-Yu is OP, please fix it.
  • DullaranDullaran Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    edited May 2020
    I do not agree with your view, and unfortunately the explanation is long:

Shan-yu is not OP, speed is. The problem goes beyond that, if you remove this passive from shan, there will be another team with the top 5+ speeds in the game that will attack more than any other team. Take down shan-yu, another team will be born with dash, hades, meridan, mulan, ian or any top speed in game. The truth is: the speed attribute is mandatory for PVP. There is no way to fix a character or skill, there will always be a character that attacks more often than others. There are even people recommending to rethink how speed works in the game (just search the forum). I honestly don't know if it's the solution, after all speed is a common attribute in all games

I think they should actually rethink and buff the other characters, just like the healers who attack less often (80 base speed, against 100 speed of characters that deal damage) and still heal less than the characters do damage. what's the point in having a character that heals 282 life in 3 turns (hi yzma) while bbw do 1260 (or 1575 if is a hero) of damage in one hit? (comparing both lv 35 and tier 4). All lists classify support/healers and tanks as the worst characters in the game. They attack less often, the cure was supposed to be more effective than 1 attack (since while it heals once the bbw attacks two).

And defensive characters are so bad ... what's the point of a tank that takes so long to get your turn that the taunt only comes after the entire enemy team has already attacked twice and two characters are already dead? And after waiting so long he uses taunt and soon after comes the magic "foul play" that removes his taunt

And there's a bonus: synergy is something broken. Characters who synergize with others always cause teams that have some advantage. A team with synergy will always enjoy advantages that the other does not have (hi the incredibles). And so far they haven't released many characters yet, many teams don't have enough characters to create a good synergy (princess, lion king, bug's life, hercules, pirates of the Caribbean and many others). So they will obviously be at a disadvantage, a team of pirates from the Caribbean will not be stronger than the incredible (at least not until they release more elements from the film, or other characters who somehow have synergy with them)

We need more options, more synergies need to be launched, healers and tanks need to become useful in pvp battles. so that we can create more teams and have more diversity. Shan-Yu is not the problem, the problem is the imbalance between the characters. If you don't correct this, there will always be the next "kingdom team" or the next shan-yu. 

Or maybe it will always be like that, after all it is something to consider: in every game there are characters who are good at pvp or pve. maybe defensive characters and healers are to be used in pve while high speed are for pvp. There's no way you want to play x1 in league of legends using a yummi against a fizz. Characters have their role, you can't use anything anywhere. While Dr. Facilier it's neutral in PvP he is a GOD in PvE
  • YanonnaYanonna Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    edited May 2020
    I agree with you, support and defense characters need to be improved. I like the theme of the lion king and I will use it as an example since I use it so much

I want to use rafiki, lion king and scar together. But rafiki is so weak ... while it heals 400 health, demona deals 900+ damage with PASSIVE, buzz ability's "the infinite" hits 1k damage (all gear lv 4). And almost every third enhancement provides +50% damage, while the rafiki healing enhancement only add 20%. And as you said, synergy is complicated ... The synergy between scar and rafiki is horrible: scar summons hyenas and the rafiki's passive can activate in HYENAS. Scar's ability makes rafiki's useless (I've lost count of how many times it happened).

They really need to balance things better, while we have teams like the incredible we have others like the lion king. Characters like buzz with 1k + 50% vs rafiki with 400 + 20% (and buzz isn't even on the list among the most powerful characters in the game)
  • DjizzleDjizzle Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    Dullaran said:
    I do not agree with your view, and unfortunately the explanation is long:

Shan-yu is not OP, speed is. The problem goes beyond that, if you remove this passive from shan, there will be another team with the top 5+ speeds in the game that will attack more than any other team. Take down shan-yu, another team will be born with dash, hades, meridan, mulan, ian or any top speed in game. The truth is: the speed attribute is mandatory for PVP. There is no way to fix a character or skill, there will always be a character that attacks more often than others. There are even people recommending to rethink how speed works in the game (just search the forum). I honestly don't know if it's the solution, after all speed is a common attribute in all games

I think they should actually rethink and buff the other characters, just like the healers who attack less often (80 base speed, against 100 speed of characters that deal damage) and still heal less than the characters do damage. what's the point in having a character that heals 282 life in 3 turns (hi yzma) while bbw do 1260 (or 1575 if is a hero) of damage in one hit? (comparing both lv 35 and tier 4). All lists classify support/healers and tanks as the worst characters in the game. They attack less often, the cure was supposed to be more effective than 1 attack (since while it heals once the bbw attacks two).

And defensive characters are so bad ... what's the point of a tank that takes so long to get your turn that the taunt only comes after the entire enemy team has already attacked twice and two characters are already dead? And after waiting so long he uses taunt and soon after comes the magic "foul play" that removes his taunt

And there's a bonus: synergy is something broken. Characters who synergize with others always cause teams that have some advantage. A team with synergy will always enjoy advantages that the other does not have (hi the incredibles). And so far they haven't released many characters yet, many teams don't have enough characters to create a good synergy (princess, lion king, bug's life, hercules, pirates of the Caribbean and many others). So they will obviously be at a disadvantage, a team of pirates from the Caribbean will not be stronger than the incredible (at least not until they release more elements from the film, or other characters who somehow have synergy with them)

We need more options, more synergies need to be launched, healers and tanks need to become useful in pvp battles. so that we can create more teams and have more diversity. Shan-Yu is not the problem, the problem is the imbalance between the characters. If you don't correct this, there will always be the next "kingdom team" or the next shan-yu. 

Or maybe it will always be like that, after all it is something to consider: in every game there are characters who are good at pvp or pve. maybe defensive characters and healers are to be used in pve while high speed are for pvp. There's no way you want to play x1 in league of legends using a yummi against a fizz. Characters have their role, you can't use anything anywhere. While Dr. Facilier it's neutral in PvP he is a GOD in PvE
    Lol you use and abuse and hop on the bandwagons of the Shan Yu kingdom character teams so you jump on the defending of it. Dude, if speed is such an issue why is it allowed as you say for there to be any leader ability granting more of it? Dude. That team you named still won’t be allowed more turns than this Shan Yu kingdom character team nonsense. Keep staying on the bandwagon and supporting the problem with your own delusions/justifications on why you’d rather be a follower of said bandwagon instead of supporting the real/positive changes in terms of what will actually bring creativity/balance. 

It’s like you invalidated your own point within your post lmao

• DullaranDullaran Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    Djizzle said: 
    It’s like you invalidated your own point within your post lmao
    I'm not defending him, in another forum post (about the dash) I said that shan-yu is OP too. What I did was talk about other problems that exist in the game, problems that you see a lot of people complaining about on the forum too (including people asking to modify how the speed works - which I don't think necessary).
    Djizzle said:
    Keep staying on the bandwagon and supporting the problem with your own delusions/justifications on why you’d rather be a follower of said bandwagon instead of supporting the real/positive changes in terms of what will actually bring creativity/balance. 
    So to balance the game is enough to nerfy the powerful? Should weak characters remain weak? All characters that act as support are considered the worst in the game, which should be avoided at all costs. Fighting to improve them Isn't fighting to balance the game? What I realize is that you hate the shan-yu so much that you only have eyes for him.

Currently the game creates this idea that we must always use the same characters. Weaken shan-yu and then we all use the next "kingdom team" to stay on top? What's the use? vary who is the next OP team? It cannot be balanced aslong as the worst tier is made up of 100% supporting or defensive characters. It is not the first time that I say this (already said this in another post that has nothing to do with shan-yu, as you can see in the image)

Shan-Yu is not the only one who bothers, from a certain point in the game you only see the same characters: shan, mor'du, hades, zurg, bbw, jack sparrow, aladdin, syndrome, dash and so on. When I see a different team he loses. These characters are so good that they don't even need synergy, and that they surpass characters with synergy. If the support and defense function were not useless maybe I would see more variations in the PvP or tournament
    Djizzle said:

instead of supporting the real/positive changes in terms of what will actually bring creativity/balance. 
    I'm trying to change and buff a whole category of characters: defensive and support. Make teams not just 5 offensive high-tier characters or 4 offensive high-tier characters + mor'du / mr. incredible. While you want only one change: shan-yu. I'm trying to bring creativity to the game, not you
  • 1godofthunder1godofthunder Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    There is a larger problem. Speed and Kingdoms are OP. But don't forget the cool new trend of nerfing the powerful spells thst threaten the Meta.
    I climbed all the way to number 1 in Arena without Shsn Yu. Still don't use him. I never had any problems untill DSA decided to nerf any spell thst was effective against their precious Frozen team. To push people to rush to buy them they made them invincible. 
    Before the entirely unjustified triple nerf of Fowl  Play I was never afraid of Kingdom and easily beat then with my Lion King / Aladdin(not Kingdom, All Aladdin no cheap Shan Yu) team. And I didn't have any sorcerers stones either.
    They ruined the game because tbry wanted everyone to rush to finish OP frozen team and since tbry did it by massiveky nerfing spells its left us in a situation where Soeed is just way to good.
    My Simba is maxed out with a defense Stone. It doesnt matter because unlike OP Kristoff his taunt doesn't ladt forever and can't protect wilds characters.
    Thry need to complete rework speed with refunds of material if necessary. It is the only way to go forward with any semblance of balance.