Options

Chances for character tokens unfair

rlhirsch89rlhirsch89 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
I recently spent 800 diamonds on character pack (8 of 300) and received the bare minimum on tokens. Also, the past 6 heart chests received the no more than 3 of the possible 10 Zurg tokens. The ratio is definitely against the player, especially for how much he/she puts in. Seems like raising the minimum would increase the likelihood of the player purchasing packs. I for one am no longer spending any more money on this game or purchasing packs. Not worth it!

Comments

• Options
    KoreanStepmomKoreanStepmom Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    edited May 2020
    For lack of better words, it's complete bullsh*t. I saved up enough gems to buy two packs only to get 20 Big Bad Wolf tokens out of it. If you want people to spend money, at least make it actually worth it. It's practically robbery.

TL;DR: spending money on this game only leads to practically guaranteed losses and contributes to funding poor server maintenance.
  • Options
    rompzorrompzor Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    You need to click the ! Icon on the chest and navigate through "first card" "second card" etc. to explore the % chance to receive each amount.  It's not obvious and I didn't know about this for the longest time, but you have to look at this before spending gems to decide if it's really worth the purchase
  • Options
    powerlinepowerline Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
    The percent chance to get the higher token amounts is very low. Although you technically could get 300 tokens, you’re far more likely to get 8-10, with there being like a 1% chance of the 300. I’m not sure how they could advertise this better, but it really needs to be explored because seeing 300 tokens does definitely makes a lot more people buy these even though they’ll likely never receive 300 tokens from them.
  • Options
    rompzorrompzor Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    Its way less than 1%.  Go into settings in the upper right hand of your home screen and go to "customer care."  Read everything there is to read
  • Options
    Xenith22Xenith22 Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    For any packs if you hit the little info icon, the on that looks like an "i" in a circle you can see the percentage drop rates for them.  The same is true for any game as there were laws passed in the US and several other countries over the past decade that forced devs to be open with this percentage for anything that either cost actual money or was purchased with an in-game currency that can be purchased with actual money.

Honestly comparing the pack rates of current similar single character packs between this game (800 Gems - Ian) Star Wars (1,299 Crystals - Mando) , and Marvel Strike (650 Cores - Cull) it doesn't seem that bad.
    The minimum amount is higher that in both the other games.  Chance of getting 50 or more is much better than SWGoH and just slightly less than MSF but with a higher ceiling.   Plus roughly converting in game currency to actual dollars DSA is actually even cheaper than both other games for their equivalent pack.

Drop rates on standard nodes in all three games is probably about the same 33% or a 1/3 chance.  I have already ranted in another thread about how this game uses a shared percentage between all items on a node while the other games calculate everything individually...so not going to get into that again.  But it's still a poo concept that I do not like about this game.

The only drop rates that I think are pure garbage are the drop rates on the event nodes.  Unlike packs we don't get to see the percentages for these anywhere.  All I know is that the chance to get more than one piece per attempt is a complete joke.  In an 8 day event I feel like I've been extremely lucky if I've gotten 2 pieces more than once in an attempt.  It just feels like there is no noticeable increased scaling in the odds of getting more than 1 shard as you move up to higher tiers which just plain stinks as at higher tiers progress just grinds to a standstill getting 1 per attempt when you need 65 and 850 shards.  Honestly by the time you reach tier V there should be at least a 20% chance to get 2 tokens and around 10% to get 3.  Which would equate to rolling 2 tokens approx once every other day, and probably hitting 3 tokens at least once maybe if lucky 2 times in the duration of an event.   That doesn't seem too unreasonable does it?  Instead I can only guess what absurdly small fractions are being used across all tiers...
  • Options
    ArcaneMArcaneM Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    This is still happening, got enought gems to spend on The Incredibles pack and i got 8, 8 and 9 tokens... two times 8 tokens, and looking on the (i) this is an 0.01%!!!! suspicious enough to say this is an scam