Suggested fix for "Gear Gate"

ENGLISH_DAVEENGLISH_DAVE Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
Here's my Feedback on the current "Gear Gate" being applied to the events. This is the hard requirement for having characters at 6* & gear 6 before you can attempt them.

I understand that theres a need encourage players to develop characters beyond stars, but this takes away freedom and strategy for how players develop there teams.

A far better approach would be to increase the difficulty of these stages. Either through extra stats, modified abilities or even extra enemies.

In that way the suggested requirement can be gear 6, but players could use strategy and maybe find a combination of characters, gear lvl and skills that works for them.

Maybe gear 7 for one but 5 for another. That requires more evolvement from the player and a feeling of being challenged not held back.

Tower mode are a good example of this, there is the restriction of types but no restrict on anything else. The mode is still extremely challenging and the community is engaged in finding the best way to beat these stages.

Comments

• KoreanStepmomKoreanStepmom Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    Tower mode are a good example of this, there is the restriction of types but no restrict on anything else. The mode is still extremely challenging and the community is engaged in finding the best way to beat these stages.
    Going off of that, could you drop some advice for Tower 3 ("Peter's Shadow" spell is the prize)? I'm always getting stuck at the 10th floor because my characters are near death and I'd prefer not to invest energy or gear on characters I'll never actively use.

I honestly hate the random freedom they give you to use any characters as long as you have a minimum of 2 Oceanic characters, then suddenly restrict you again once you hit the 8th floor. Even then, all the Oceanic heroes except Sparrow and Ariel are trash. The enemies are doing well over 1,500 damage per hit and seem to focus on them before I can get taunts off (both Ariel and Sparrow are 5-star/T5 for me and they're still taking massive damage).