Issues with development of the game as a whole

KoreanStepmomKoreanStepmom Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
edited May 2020 in Bugs & Issues
In order from most to least annoying (anyone reading this is more than welcome to contribute or voice your frustration with similar issues):

(1) Developers don't take in public feedback because there are people stupid enough to continue funding a game governed by lackluster supervision.
  • this one's self-explanatory. Just look at how active their PR team has been at responding to complaints and issues. Absolute trash.
  • Glu's actions essentially defeat the purpose of having discussion threads like this since everyone but their teams seem to be reading these posts.
(2) Matchmaking for both Club Conquest and PvP is horrendous
  • people are still matching up with other clubs or players that are insanely overpowering them
(3) Despite two months worth of promises, simple bug fixes have not been fixed (I'll list a few, but there's A LOT more to it)
  • character abilities are bugged still
  • Club Conquest is still kicking players out, sometimes during a battle for a tower and ends up wasting a player's battle attempt
  • free gem acquisitions from viewing ads are still not being distributed often
  • energy refreshes for VIP players are still bugging out
(4) Characters are imbalanced
  • another pretty self-explanatory grievance, just look at the people complaining about Dash being OP or defense/support characters not really being viable in a competitive setting
(5) Item drop rates are horrible
  • farming resources is ridiculous and encourages you to spend money to purchase them, which essentially encourages the idea that this "free-to-play" game is not exactly so when you're trying to do competitive stuff
(6) Season pass loot is still trash
  • most of the loot can easily be farmed if you're in a club (or even an independent player), the only reason why I'd ever get it would be for the Alpha runes
(7) Whoever thought the change to the display of LTEs was necessary and and the senior developer that approved it need to get their priorities straight
  • out of ALL the problems your game is facing, THIS is what you choose to fix........ seriously, how stupid can y'all be to think pushing out design updates is a priority over everything else on this list?.....

Comments

• DjizzleDjizzle Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    Have been saying the same things. The list can go on and on but this dev team is a bunch of jokes
  • DullaranDullaran Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    • farming resources is ridiculous and encourages you to spend money to purchase them, which essentially encourages the idea that this "free-to-play" game is not exactly so when you're trying to do competitive stuff
    Disney arena ad should look something like this::

Look, our game is f2p, and we are going to launch a team that many want and with a great synergy: the incredible.

But if you are f2p you will only be able to get 1 character (with only 2 stars, we hope you will not be lucky to get 3), the other will be in 2 or more months when the event returns and who knows when you will get it the rest of the team. Much less when you will be able to leave the entire team 7 stars

But don't worry, we are not unfair. When you go to your daily PvP games you will play against people who have spent a lot of money and have the team that just launched today all 7 stars and with the two spells at least lv3. 
    Maybe rethink and realize how bad your 5-star team is and decide to buy the tokens to face people with no money and take advantage of our horrible matchmaking.
  • KoreanStepmomKoreanStepmom Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    edited May 2020
    Djizzle said:
    Have been saying the same things. The list can go on and on but this dev team is a bunch of jokes
    I've essentially been listing the same things over and over again for the last month with the hopes that one random developer, who is actually doing what we'd expect of them, comes in to read and make note of what the team needs to work on.

I'm literally just going to keep doing this once a week until they fvcking get the message and prove to us that they're not as incompetent and overvalued as we think they are. Actively updating game files during quarantine should not be impossible for a multi-billion dollar company like Glu. Fvcking Epic Games did the Travis Scott Astroworld event and the code for it was all written FROM HOME. They literally have no excuse. They're just lazy, money-hungry, and all the stupid people saying that "daily activity plus spending hundreds of dollars on the game made by these people will improve patch deliveries". Money won't buy these complacent asshats a work ethic, if anything it'll just make them lazier.
    Dullaran said:

Disney arena ad should look something like this::

Look, our game is f2p, and we are going to launch a team that many want and with a great synergy: the incredible.

But if you are f2p you will only be able to get 1 character (with only 2 stars, we hope you will not be lucky to get 3), the other will be in 2 or more months when the event returns and who knows when you will get it the rest of the team. Much less when you will be able to leave the entire team 7 stars

But don't worry, we are not unfair. When you go to your daily PvP games you will play against people who have spent a lot of money and have the team that just launched today all 7 stars and with the two spells at least lv3. Maybe rethink and realize how bad your 5-star team is and decide to buy the tokens to face people with no money and take advantage of our horrible matchmaking.
    This game just makes me think of Star Wars: Battlefront II's horrendous pay-to-win fiasco
  • duckwithadarksideduckwithadarkside Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    I think you guys need to give this game some slack.
    I've been playing on PC for a while now, and progress may be kind of slow, but that makes a good team more rewarding. For instance, I only have 2 non tutorial characters. Ian and that bugs life guy ( I cant remember his name) and it may be becuase my first hero collector was strike force, but I thought this was kind of normal. I'm close to getting characters that I want ( like dark wing duck he is my favorite ) and tru it is harder than say, disney heros battle mode, which I also play daily. My point is, sure it may take time. But, that makes it all the more rewarding beating someone with nothing but the hard earned resources you grinded! Looki ve been  playing strike force for almost 2 years now. And I've got a really good team. It feels amazing defeating someone I know put alot of money in a not very free to play friendly game, as a free to play. I'm f2p always have always will be. If you really think it's that bad, either, 1. Walk it off it will get better eventually 2. No one is forcing you to play. 
    ( also with covid 19 it can be complicated and it's not simple )
    And if it's really that bad, play Disney heros battle mode. No one's stopping you.
    And if it's really that bad, play Disney heros battle mode. No one's stopping you.
    Unless someone is than I feel sorry for you, becuase its awesome.
  • DullaranDullaran Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    ( also with covid 19 it can be complicated and it's not simple )
    feedback is simple, and they don't give any. You are here defending them talking about the covid, it should be them who should be saying this

2. No one is forcing you to play. 
    We have no obligation, but we want to play the Disney Arena.

No company likes its users to leave the game without understanding why, feedback is more important for the company than for us. When you uninstall a program many people ask why ... crash? bug? didn't like? something missing? These questions are to grow and get better. I can just go play something else game and uninstall the game without any feedback, the companies themselves don't like it.

I would like to continue playing, so I don't want to leave without giving it a chance. I don't ask them to fix everything, and to say "yes" to everything I ask, but I don't see any feedback either. An example: about the problem of supporting characters being useless in PvP. They could say: we created the supports thinking more about PvE, the tower itself. It is not the idea to use them in PvP because it will extend the time of matches (+ healing and + defenses = long matches). An answer would already please me a lot

After all isn't that why you have a suggestions and feedback session on the forum? 
    I agree with you. I was talking to Korean stepmom. Sorry, I should have said that my bad.
    edited June 2020
    COVID-19 is definitely not an excuse Glu can use to explain their sh*tty methodology practices towards developing this game. They are a billion dollar company, meaning they have a substantial amount of assets at their disposal. Considering that their parent company, Tencent, is one of the largest mobile game developers in the world, Glu indubitably possesses the capability to do great things with this game. If Epic Games can seamlessly structure and implement a fantastic live event (ASTROWORLD) in Fortnite based off the work done by self-quarantined programmers within a couple of weeks, then Glu can certainly fix all their sh*t within a couple of months tops. Sadly, due to complacent senior developers lacking common sense towards games of this archetype as well as an equally absent-minded PR team, we were and still are left in the dark on much of the game's progress and are forced to deal with problems that really shouldn't exist at this point in time.

I'm not the only one complaining about these issues, people who have spent FAR more money than I ever would on this game have voiced equally disappointed and frustrated remarks on how dogsh*t the game is after being out for over half a year. I don't need to explain how stupid it is to play a game that you don't even enjoy, but outside of your narrow scope of presumptuous observation, I only play because my girlfriend wants me to. I want to love this game, but sadly, given how characters and spells remain unbalanced, as well as the same fvcking bugs or server malfunctions that cause the game to crash, I am simply just a boyfriend that plays this game because his girlfriend wants to game with him. The least Glu could do is admit that they designed this game to be a money-stealer, but they're seemingly incapable of doing something even simpler than the issues their game is going through. Nevertheless, if you were paying money for sh*t that doesn't work as advertised, you wouldn't be quiet about it. If you are that type of person, then I guarantee any new game with a fanbase comprised of silent donators won't last one year before it hits a rapid decline in active player count.
    I have an updated opinion. I have been playing almost a year now, and I can say, I love this game. Again, I may just be desensitized to p2w inviornments but I thought it was fine. I've been having a great winter grinding out spells and such with this game. While I'm not saying it is perfect by a long shot, I think its worth a try, an I see myself enjoying this game for a while.
    Ps. I know this thread is dead lol also, it has passed its one year and people are still playing