Frozen Event is Ridiculous

powerlinepowerline Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
I’ve taken the games side a lot of times, especially when people claim that the game is pay to win. Logging on this morning to see the frozen event, I wish I hadn’t. 

Kristoff and Sven have barely been obtainable for a week, and Olaf and Anna were literally made available today. How is a free to play player expected to unlocked TWO characters that have very little ways to unlock them, let alone all 4 in the span of this event. Not only do the characters need to be unlocked, to even have a chance at unlocking Elsa, you’d need to 4 star them. This is literally a pay to win event.

Not a good look guys, not a good look.

Comments

• rompzorrompzor Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    edited May 2020
    You need to 5 star them to unlock her.  She's legendary though.  I'm F2P minus a VIP and I'm going to be able to do so (barely) because I saved a ton of gems (32,000 through saving and free offers) and spent half of them to boost the toons.

If we are F2P in a game like this you need to understand that you have to save huge for what you want the most, and let everything else pass you by.  We dont get access to everything, especially the first time around.

I wasnt happy with the Zurg event because no matter how many gems I had, you NEEDED to pay real money to open chests and get him to 6 or 7*.  This event does not have the same problem, as all the characters are available in multiple places (and most cost efficient is the premium exchange).

The one thing I agree on is that they easily could have made these characters available a bit sooner or plopped a temporary bonus onto the grand campaign chests like they did for Elastigirl. 

It seems overly stingy when it's already a huge investment (real money or currency) to just unlock her in this amount of time.

If you really want something you need to save your gems and give yourself a mathematical chance.  This event does offer that for people who saved, and they will be rewarded for doing so.  Overall I'm fine to see other events follow this format, but with the single tweak I presented above.
  • Xenith22Xenith22 Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    This is a different event format and Elsa is actually a 5* unlock.  I honestly have no issue with that, as this actually is the most common format of "Legendary" character unlock events in other games.  Actually am a little surprised it took this long to see an event like this.

With that said, I have never ever seen another game not give players weeks-months to farm up all required characters.  This not only screws over the players, but it even seems like a poor business practice.

I mean sure the whales will spend up to get her to 5-7* the first time.  But by giving us no time to farm you are missing out on the dolphins.  The people who would have farmed the required characters but just needed a little more to push them over the edge to the next tier to unlock her or get the next star.  Those people would have happily spent a little money to reach that goal.   I've done that myself in other games  from time to time.  If you had given me enough time to farm everyone to at least 4* the old fashioned way, I may have considered doing it again.   But you didn't, so I've done the math to crunch how many shards per day I would need and how many refreshes that would take... and I have come to the conclusion that I have no chance of reaching 5* this time around even with buying two of the $29.99 packs, so I'm not going to spend any $ or crystals on any packages this time around...

• rompzorrompzor Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    I agree wholeheartedly with this.  I had a massive stockpile of gems waiting (32k) for this and easily would have spent $60 to finish off a couple toons to hit 6*, but instead I'm just passing until next time around.

I'm not sure why you guys feel the need to break the established formula for these types of games, who happen to share a large portion of the player base.