Options

Just a cash grab

jaem74jaem74 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
I want to love this game however, its an overly expensive cash grab. I read pages upon pages about this complaint unfortunately, it was after spending $35 on gems to gain a few characters for the new frozen event.

They offer the chance to gain anywhere from 8-330 tokens for 800 gems (which are $5 for the initial 700 gems then increases to $10 for double that than $20, where it stays with no capability of utilizing the $5 or $10 cost), i took my chance 10 times on various characters and only once did I receive 10 tokens, 9 tokens four times, and the minimum of 8 tokens for the remaining 5. Look, im not a mathematician but to have a chance at 8-330 tokens and though my sample size is low, this seems just a little bit skewed.

I blame myself of course but I will endeavor to steer as many people away as possible. Free to play should be rebranded to bait an switch.

Comments

• Options
    Donch819Donch819 Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    Agreed.  I’ve stopped paying as well. I was only paying for passes, never once bought a toon.  But that’s done now.  I still play daily...not sure why honestly bcz all I do is bitch about everything that’s clearly broken in this game and how seemingly no one running the game gives a f@#$.....but at least I’ve finally come to my senses regarding pay.  Only $60 wasted.  Not terrible for a month of decent fun...til they ruined it.  Same as Star Wars eventually drove me away, this will too.  The level of competitiveness is so broken here now.  I only play PvP bcz I have to in order to complete all dailies.  The only enjoyment I get recently is knowing how much money some of these dopes are spending to have an “insta-team” that just barrels through the competition.  The amount they are pouring into this game laughable.  And for what?  To win some PvP before they have to crank up the credit card again for the next set of toons every 4-5 days?  I literally LOL when they taunt in PvP like they accomplished something!  You paid for a toon then paid to power it up.  You da man!   This rant has been cathartic(look it up) and now I can start the countdown clock to deleting the game.