Options

Bucket O'soldiers

MikeB21MikeB21 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
Anyone else sick of getting beat by this spell?

I know they want us to spend money, but cmon. That spell is a must have and if you get it out first you win.

First bad thing to happen to this game. Was great up until now. Must haves suck.

Comments

• Options
    bluebear1975bluebear1975 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    If people know how to use it. If not,  it's a waste. I've had matches come down bucket vs bucket at the end of match
  • Options
    Marc77Marc77 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    @bluebear1975
    That's assuming if both have the bucket spell. F2P players like me don't have the spell.
    This game is slowly getting rid of all f2p players. Sad.
  • Options
    jtrav1jtrav1 Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    Agreed, its a terrible addition to the game. I switch to autoplay whenever an opponent has it - even if your levels higher, it can't be beat. players stop using anything other than basic attack cause what is the point? very annoying.
  • Options
    ap6y3ap6y3 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I'm so angry about this spell! Hate it so much. It's broke any balance  :s
  • Options
    MeatheadMilitiaMeatheadMilitia Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators, Member, Moderator 463 Posts
    We will be fixing 2 bugs with Bucket of Soldiers. 

In the meantime use Charm and blind on it and when we fix the bug, stun it. 

Also, we will be doing balance passes through the longevity of the game, this feedback has been passed along. 
    Bacon and Coffee, that's what I'm fueled by. 
  • Options
    jkpolkjkpolk Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Thank you.  I came looking to see if others were having the same issue.  It’s literally ruing the arena once someone drops that damn spell.
  • Options
    GENERATI0N_DEADGENERATI0N_DEAD Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    Personally, I think the whole spell system needs to be looked at. Once you get to 7* team vs 7* team, the characters make little difference. The top meta teams now consist of nothing but 4 tanks with 3* Bucket of Soldiers and Wild Imagination, with either Hades or Ian thrown  in to refresh debuffs. The match becomes sitting and waiting to die from spell damage. These abilities really should be a one use assist to turn around battles, not the focus and main damage of a whole team.
  • Options
    rayznrayzn Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Same small group that didn’t wanna spend the extra few bucks crying in a free app that there are p2w aspects nothing new. I beat down many teams with bucket before I got mine l2p stop just repeating stuff others have said. If you are f2p no way you are facing top teams that are p2w so you can only repeat.
  • Options
    CTRatCTRat Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    edited May 2020
    rayzn said:
    Same small group that didn’t wanna spend the extra few bucks crying in a free app that there are p2w aspects nothing new. I beat down many teams with bucket before I got mine l2p stop just repeating stuff others have said. If you are f2p no way you are facing top teams that are p2w so you can only repeat.
    This isn't a p2w vs. f2p issue. This is a general balance issue. Even if it was only p2w players with it (and it's not), it doesn't make sense for one spell to overshadow others so much, or to be the main deciding factor in a match so often.

Like someone else said above, spells across the board should probably be toned down because they really overtake the pace of a battle a lot by themselves. But this spell in particular is also even more egregious than most.
  • Options
    CasterspelloCasterspello Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    They were once available to players, but not at all since I started.  Unfortunately, they are basically a hard counter to my still leveling roster (current level 38), and it sucks that every other opponent in arena drops a bucket, I yawn, and auto ftl.
  • Options
    Ed_of_Baker_StreetEd_of_Baker_Street Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    BoS is completely OP. That and the way turns work in PvP... Not satisfying. 
    If you are easily provoked you are easily controlled. 
  • Options
    DullaranDullaran Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    Marc77 said:
    @bluebear1975
    That's assuming if both have the bucket spell. F2P players like me don't have the spell.
    This game is slowly getting rid of all f2p players. Sad.

I'm f2p too, as well as my friend and we both got the bucket of soldiers at the buzz event that happened a short time ago. You could get it for free, without spending money. And I wasn't even strong, I didn't have any 5 star characters when the event came

But I agree, any magic that is used by everyone must be rethought. Something that is mandatory is not good for strategy games
  • Options
    SpookyPoopSpookyPoop Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    We will be fixing 2 bugs with Bucket of Soldiers. 

In the meantime use Charm and blind on it and when we fix the bug, stun it. 

Also, we will be doing balance passes through the longevity of the game, this feedback has been passed along. 
    Last week there was an update of several Spells. Nothing for the Bucket of Soldiers...
  • Options
    IzzualIzzual Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    It is extremely strong however as I climb ranks in pvp I am no longer seeing BoS in every team anymore.  Maybe 1 out of 4 now it is OP at one point then becomes a dust collector.