Options

Spell Nerfs ahead of New Character releases. A disturbing trend.

1godofthunder1godofthunder Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
Is anyone else upset that just before the Frozen characters hit every single spell that was a threat to the frozen team was nerfed? 
Personally I find that most of thecrecent spell nerfs were not justified. Yet there are several grossly overpowered spells that were untouched. IE(Golden Hammer, Wild Imagination, Bucket O Soldiers)
It seems these nerfs are less about balance and more about ensuring that each newly released team is assured to be at the top of the neta to encourage players to spend more cash to rush to unlock them. 
Am I just bitter about a property I dislike replacing the Meta and my beloved spells being nerfed or do others agree with me?

Comments

• Options
    IceCongeladoIceCongelado Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    "Personally I find that most of thecrecent spell nerfs were not justified." Dude, peanut and mortal potion were breaking the game, but i agree that Bucket should've been nerfed
  • Options
    1godofthunder1godofthunder Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    It just seems it did more harm than good. Instead of more diverse teams and spells its less.
    Its literally all either Kingdom or worse Frozen at the top. And everyone is using ONLY Golden Hammer, Cauldron, Wild Immagination and Bucket. Its horrible. 
    Trying to build my Wilds team but what's the point with the speed teams being so dominant. Simba will eventually die if its never his turn...  
  • Options
    CTRatCTRat Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    edited July 2020
    I'm replying a bit late, but I'm also gonna have to disagree on this one. If anything, the spell nerfs are targeted at the more obnoxiously powerful ones, which helps to increase diversity, not decrease it. I'm not sure how you think nerfing clear over-performers to be more in line with other spells reduces diversity, because it should do the opposite of that. (As for the still somewhat OP spells that weren't touched -- Golden Hammer and Wild Imagination -- they did announce they are going for those soon, too. Not sure why still nothing for the Bucket, admittedly).

As far as team diversity -- that is certainly still a problem, but that is not really relevant to spell nerfs. Kingdom team was stupid strong before spell nerfs, and it's still stupid strong after spell nerfs. Frozen team is new, and is also stupid strong.
  • Options
    jkpolkjkpolk Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    I didn't mind the spell nerfs too much but this damn Frozen team is ridiculous.  I've spent way too much time investing in characters and to have decks over 3000 get beat by a frozen team of 2500.  It's crazy the speed that the team generates.  Just have to develop a different set of characters to compete and more power to those that have bought that team, it's definitely worth the investment.
  • Options
    Donch819Donch819 Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    edited July 2020
    “Investment”.....?.....LOL.....are you getting a good ROI in your portfolio paying for an app?....LLOOLL