Wild’s Leader Skill

SwiftJusticeSwiftJustice Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
—Wild’s Leader Skill—

Everyone wants to be able to build an effective team around units that benefit one another. Whether it be a Toy Story team, Incredibles team, Downtown Villains/Heroes team or the every so popular and wildly imbalanced Kingdom team. 
Speaking of being WILD let’s address our under appreciated and overlooked Wild characters. Personally they are my favorite units to use, seeing as how they are mostly over looked but are rather powerful considering they are lacking a useful leader skill. Notice I said useful because most people don’t know that a character does provide Wild Leader Skill - but the character is low tier and Jb my personal opinion not worth building.
—[Hopper]—
Leader Ability: Wilds teammates gain 8% bonus Tenacity.

While most Wild units are tanks, or able to tank to some extent - this leader skill is useful for them. However, with the unit providing this skill being very uninteresting and lack luster - no one at all is interested in using him and I don’t blame them. Considering a good amount of my units and teams I put together almost always have a Wilds unit I would absolutely LOVE to have a Leader Ability from a useful character to benefit from. I will not waste a spot on my team, which is already less powerful than the over used and very Cookie Cutter team consisting of Kingdom units. I don’t enjoy using said units for this very reason, I should not have to use the same units everyone else relies on in this game in order to stay highly ranked in Tournament or PVP
I digress, we are wildly overdue for a character in which to benefit our Wilds teams - and although most of the Frozen units are Wilds themselves, they do not provide a useful Leader Ability in which to rely on. Merely a leader skill relying on more Frozen characters, preferably Kristoff.
In conclusions, I would love for something to be addressed in this regard - I would prefer to see Mor’du, as a WILDY used tank, provide such Leader ability. But they are overdue for a useful buff in that regard and before anyone mentions Simba his ability is not directions at Wilds units and is ONLY useful during Conquest. However that is a discussion for another day.
Thoughts? Questions? Concerns? Let’s hear them. Mor’du seems to be a very durable tank. Stat wise I’m rather impressed, however due to his short taunt time he can’t stay tanking. Unless you are lucky enough to have the Conjuring Cauldron land on him every time, use Dr. F’s third ability, use Bo Peeps second ability or Barney’s third ability - he can’t stay focused with a taunt.
These resets, if you will, give him a wide range of choices for allowing him to tank - however, they should not be required simply for him to do his job. Yes, his third skill allows him to stun a primary target and slow adjacent units - it is not effective enough to protect your team. Not every tank can stay taunting throughout the match with their skill alone, however all other tanks have a shorter cool down for their taunt. 
His rage ability does make his abilities a tad more powerful but since they are only active while his health is below 40% they do not help your team. As a tank you want to increase his health when possible, so unless his Ancient Rage ability extends his taunt duration or increases his defense while below 40% or he retains Ancient Rage from that point on - it’s rather useless.
I’m looking for everyone’s thoughts on the situation and how we could make him a beneficial tank. A tank people would be happy to farm in order to make their team more useful, maybe one of my suggestions. Maybe providing his team with a defense up turn, possibly even allowing adjacent units to obtain a turn of hidden status. 
What are your thoughts? Something needs to be changed - otherwise he’s not worth the time, gold or upgrading items it requires to upgrade him. I love him as a unit, just not how useless he is.

Comments

• 1godofthunder1godofthunder Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    Firstly I agree completely about the extremely overpowered Kingdoms/Frozrn team. It is ruining the game and basically forces you to be a joiner if you want to reach the top.
    I believe the best way to fix this is to rework Simbas leadership and change it from Conquest defense only to Wilds always.
    Personally I think DSA needs to rethink leadership and give it to characters who make sense. Ridiculous that Pocahontas, Bo Peep, Facilier have leadership. Yet Mickey isn't a leader, or Davey Jones, Hook and many many more.
    If anyone deserves a powerful Leadership for Wilds it should be Either Simba or ShereKahn.
    I would like to see Wilds rise to the forefront as the abit kingdoms team. Preferably with speed counters. Maybe synergized slows or more assists.
    Introduce Bagera, Nala etc. 
    I also think any bonus to " Lion  King" should be changed to all Wilds to help give them a bump.
  • SwiftJusticeSwiftJustice Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    I like the way you look at this and I’m very happy to hear I’m not alone in feeling this way. I agree entirely simply switching the “conquest” only leadership skills should be team based for the time being until there is more balance. The units they decide to give leadership skills to seems to vary as well. But Wild’s are completely underrated and overlooked and this should be changed to give more of a balancing and foothold in which to counter the standard cookie cutter teams.