Options

Hiro's recent changes and the impact on their teams.

SlimagileSlimagile Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
Hi, my name is Slimagile. I'm the leader of the Chernabog's keep club and avid player of Disney Sorcerer's Arena. I wanted to bring some attention to the recent changes made to Hiro Hamada and why, in my opinion, they do not target the core issue that is present in DSA. The argument made for reducing the abilities of Hiro was to help with how he slows the game down, giving his teammates large amounts of shields and evasion. While this does slow the game down, I do not think it is to the extent that other teams are able to abuse in-game mechanics to do. I am in the Gold 1 tier in the arena and with my Hiro, while I am able to slow the game down to get my buffs going on my teammates, it does not do much to slow down the speed with which my teammates have their shields removed or are defeated entirely. I cannot count the number of times that my Hiro is immediately defeated by a Shan Yu, and while my Hiro is only 4 star even if he is not defeated, he often gets crit and slowed down to a point where I never actually get to make my move. Seeing the Hiro/Anna combination, I can understand why it was thought that Hiro was the problem, but he is only one half of that equation. With the sheer numbers reduction in my Hiro's shields, the shields per charge were reduced by almost 80%, my team is no longer capable of taking hits in the slightest. This makes it so that even if I get my shields off, It's not enough to stave off my team's complete annihilation. To give context, I run a tech team composed of, Hiro Hamada, Gizmoduck, Scrooge McDuck, Darkwing Duck. and Quorra. I understand that I am higher ranked in the PVP arena, but that doesn't change that my ranking is suddenly plummeting due to this overly harsh hit to Hiro's kit. Not only that, but this came at the same time as many characters are receiving new abilities that are making their comps even stronger while my team has the only character on this entire game to receive a completely devastating nerf to his base kit. On top of even that, the extra upgrades added to Hiro's kit only mostly associate with a character who hasn't even been released yet.

Now that I've talked about Hiro's nerf, let me add a secondary discussion on the other characters who also slow down the game and force the timer to run out before the completion of the game. Common combinations I've seen to do this are Jasmine and Kristoff, Dr. Facilier and Kristoff, or any other summoner unit with Kristoff. Kristoff is an absurdly tanky unit, and while that is his job and I wouldn't say that he by himself is the problem. With the current number of arena turns he makes it nigh impossible to end a game before getting a defeat by definition. Especially when the spells chosen are usually, The Golden Hammer, The Bucket of Toy Soldiers, Fairy Slumber, or Peter Pan's Shadow. Kristoff with any combination of those spells slows the game to an absolute crawl. With the frequency that Kristoff can spawn trolls and have the bucket deal most of the damage or just taunt and soak up a majority of the damage. He forces you to attack him even when he's not taunting as if he isn't taken out early, the number of trolls he will spawn before being defeated will completely ruin any chance of you defeating the team before the timer runs out. Each troll takes a full turn on the timer so when the enemy team is taking up 10 turns to my 5 the action economy is completely ruined and the game's timer is run completely dry with no chance of my team recovering control over the game. In my experience, Hiro himself does not show up on a majority of these teams, and when he does he is relatively easy to dispatch. The remaining teammates however make the game nightmarish and impossible to finish before the timer runs out. I'd like to hear some discussion on this post to see if I can get any other viewpoints as Hiro was pretty much how I was able to start climbing in the arena and while I think he was good, he definitely wasn't as broken as these absurd nerfs made him out to be.

Comments

• Options
    angel05angel05 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I totally agree with you, Hiro Hamada is a squishy unit and I really didn’t have any problem facing it, I also was running a tech team build around Hiro’s , but now I can barely survive the massive damage output that kingdom and frozen teams have. They say the fights were taking too long, but, now they are ending in 5-10 turns, just give 4 spirits to Elsa and that’s it. The speed manipulation on Shan yu , alladin and Anna it’s just too toxic and cancerous. The only mitigation to this toxic meta team was HIRO HAMADA, and I still was losing to them, but now is a loss 90% of the time. I don’t see they reverting this but, I hope the see all of the post. 
  • Options
    SlimagileSlimagile Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    I think what pushes it over is that Max Speed Hiro is never faster than a Shan Yu lead ever. Shan Yu will always go first and it cripples Hiro. Hiro is easily defeated by the sheer damage output that Shan Yu has or can be crit and have his speed meter reduced and making him worthless anyways.