Options

Club Conquest Very poor design

DenizenDenizen Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
Having played many games that have a guild/club war element I wanted to comment on how poorly designed the Club Conquest (CC) is.  These elements are so bad It makes our club not want to participate at all.  FYI, I'm also a Senior Software engineer and have ample experience in software development to know the difficulty in implementing these things.  I mention this only as a perspective point.

Outlined below the major flaws and suggestions on improvements.  

• War Matching 
I don't know what if any means by which you are determining match ups in CC.  All I can say for certain is our club has only around 30 members and only 20 are registered yet we are matched up EVERY time against two full clubs of 45 to 50.  We always look thru them and they are of our same level as us so we can see their likely registered count more than doubles ours. So right off the bat we are facing 2 clubs each with 2.5x the number of attacks that we have!  This problem is two fold.  There is the basic element of having far fewer attacks but it's compounded by the fact that both of the full clubs see this and then both attack us the club that has fewer attacks.  Brilliant design here guys.

Suggestion 1:  Again, not sure what if any matching criteria you are working on.  Logically to me it should match on (or close) to the total number of registered users for CC of roughly the same power.

• Imbalance
Imbalance has more than one aspect too it.  Bottom line is, as stated above, you often have 2 clubs beating down one club because they can see the numbers.  The other problem that has happened here, again based on scenario we face EVERY time with 2 clubs that are 2.5x our size is one of them will start attacking us aggressively.  We of course have no choice but to defend and fight back all of those attack.  Meanwhile the 3rd club is sitting doing nothing.  So we expend all of our attacks fighting back.  Club 3 does literally nothing for most of day 1.  Then into day 1 or starting day 2...the third club can see that the other two clubs have used all of their attack..so they just take one or two bases get the bonus and win the game....this is a terrible design.  

Suggestion 2:  Again can't stress enough matching 3 close clubs as stated above.  However give us all of our attacks against each club team.  Just like you require a club to fully take a tower i.e. we get our full defenses vs each club.  We should also get our full attacks vs each club.  Again this is logical.
  • Point system
The point system should be modified.  Primarily due to the issues stated above.  It's really dumb that you can have two clubs fighting like crazy against each other for a full day moving back and forth over the same territory and the third club can sit and do nothing then just literally take 1 or 2 bases hold onto the bonus and win.  They can do this because they haven't expended any attacks and the other two clubs are out of attacks.

Suggestion 3:  Points should have some weight reflective of the number/amount of attack/defense.  I haven't worked out a formula exactly but consider the following example.  Let's say you started by getting 0 points for your towers.  After 5 attacks you start to get the default 1 point per tower per minute.  If you hold 13+ towers at this point you get 5pt bonus per minute.  After 20 attacks bonus for 13+ bases goes to 6 pt/min, after 40 attacks 7 pt/min bonus.  That could go on every x number of attack till you got say 15 pt/min bonus.  At some point you might give 2 pts/min for holding towers and again this could increase based on activity (Attack and defenses) not necessarily wins. Again i've not worked through the exact numbers but this weighted system would take into account war activity and make it much harder for a club to sit back and not attack and easily win.

• No Statistics
Other than the system message that shows someone winning an attack we have NO means of seeing what our club members are doing.  We need at least a basic statistics page that would show number of attacks ppl did, preferably who they attacked, win/loss and the ability to send a private message to players from coleads would be invaluable...the communication is horrendous only have 1 common chat.

Comments

• Options
    DenizenDenizen Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    Another example during this club conquest of very bad design.  Our club (Red) fought (blue) for all of day 1 and well into day 2.  Green did nothing, didn't put any defenses in.  Then, as usual, when both we and blue are essentially out of attacks out comes green to sweep down and cut off all our points and win....this is such an obvious hole in Club conquest.  Give us our full attacks against each club the same as defense is done..this will address the bulk of this.  I also believe in the weighted point system based on activity level (attacks/defenses).  As it stands this is the worst PVP war experience in any game I've played.