Toy Story event feedback

ReapersFuryXReapersFuryX Registered Users, Member 105 Posts

Pros:

• (Presumably) The same format as aladdin, in that each event node will have its own available attacks, letting us still farm things from week 1 as the month progresses.
  • 3 New spells and 2 New characters  

Cons w/ some suggestions: (What happened??)

• No details. The Robin Hood event was a great example of having the event details and structure clearly laid out. We knew everything about the event when it started, what we would be able to buy with the currency, etc. We were able to make plans and decide if it was personally worth it for us. This event gave a couple of pop ups and nothing else. We have repeatedly asked for transparency.. all the secrecy does it make us more guarded and NOT wanna invest into it since we can't determine if it's worth it.
  • Events are little by little becoming more monetizing. Theres nothing wrong with making money, it's about how it is done. Loot boxes are BAD. Lootboxes for cash? Even worse. The Jessie pack for cash would be absolutely fine if it was a set amount of tokens for a set price. 10-100 is far too much of a variance, leading to peoples cash being worth different amounts and coming down to luck. Want money? Use that offers page and give us a bunch of event packs, ranging from very cheap to very expensive and they WILL sell! People pay for things they have confidence in!
  • The spell pack for 5000 tickets... another loot box. Instead of this, just separate them. 3 different packs, 1 for each spell. Can still be random amounts, but at least this way we get to choose what to gamble on. The spell pack for 999 gems for possible 5 tokens? Nope. With the worst luck, thats 6k gems to unlock that spell at level 1.
  • Not directly related to the event but the passholder... having so many levels give no rewards unless you buy the gold is disappointing. Instead of taking away the rewards from F2p players, just give a little more to the P2p side as a higher incentive to spend.

Comments

• XMooNXMooN Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    edited July 2019
    I completely agree with Reaper, didn’t you guys have time to test these things out already, and seeing the feedback why just not continue with the recipe that made people happy.

did you guys do it on purpose to confirm that the community will dislike this? 

Lootboxes are the WORST. I bet more people would agree when I say that they would rather pay the overpriced pack if it’s guaranteed that you can obtain what you are looking for. 
    I don’t think anyone in their right mind would pay upwards of 200 euros just so that you make sure you’re getting what you paid for.

How many trippleA games could you buy, instead of investing in a mobile game. Instead of buying 3x packs for a chance at getting only 30 tokens i could aswell use that money to buy a full game that has hundreds of hours of content

i think you should be more realistic when it comes to pricing or like reaper said make more packs ranging from cheap to expensive

and for the sake of not spreading only negativity:
    theres obvious effort going into these events and we all appreciate it. The battleground is really cool and the characters seem pretty awesome. On that side you guys are nailing it.
  • SHDGAMESSHDGAMES Registered Users, Member 43 Posts
    Having to have the characters required to earn there own tokens is alittle backwards and frustrating. Especially Jessie the last to unlock, the only way to unlock her and on top of that super low ammounts and low chances is quite off putting. 
  • SHDGAMESSHDGAMES Registered Users, Member 43 Posts
    Also why not add a subscription option that allows you to have a month without adds just collecting rewards im sure people would do that
  • MeatheadMilitiaMeatheadMilitia Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators, Member, Moderator 463 Posts
    Thank you all for your feedback, I'll pass it along to the rest of the team. 
    Bacon and Coffee, that's what I'm fueled by. 
  • amatistapau36amatistapau36 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I finish the all toy story event and i dont have bopeep 7 stars jet... i need 40 to get her in 7 stars... the answer is pay it... and this take me out all the effort i have done... to bad. Dont like this game with this example. I'm amatistapau and this feel like shame in dsa
  • Dale112_2Dale112_2 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    The need for the characters expected to procure their own tokens is a little in reverse and baffling. In particular, Jessie, the last to open, the best way to open her, and on top of that, very low amounts and slim odds are very obnoxious. This is a good way to do business, and no one can deny this.