Options

Some Ideas - Filming Clothing, Stores, Styling, & More

I am always chalked full of ideas. I'll admit, I didn't think of things that others have like having babies (I don't like that idea though) or being able to place tattoos on other body parts. Some awesome ideas out there, and here are my own that I thought of with my sister. Yes, some people probably posted about them, but I'm too lazy to search every inch to see if someone has.

Idea 1: We need filming outfits. I mean, as awesome as I believe I look, I don't really think in a horror movie where I'm supposed to be running from things of another world I'd be wearing my wife beater with my non-blood splatter jeans. I mean, c'mon ? Also the fact that we "change" clothing yet we wear the same thing. I can get it'd be a lot of work, but it'd be such a neat feature.

Idea 2: Clothing stores, the point of the game is get to top A-lister, correct ? We don't need stores, but it'd enhance game play. You know, catalogues are great and all, but it'd be nice to be able to buy certain outfits by area or depending on where you are E-A. I can picture it now, D-lister goes to an A-lister store and... gets tossed out ! I agree that unlocking clothing by levelling works best, but maybe add some perks for those that are loyal enough to even bother to get to the A-list ? ;)

Idea 3: Cars. I love my vehicles. The point is. An A-lister isn't going to be taking the bus or walking places all the time. I mean, it's a great way to waste the money we don't really need... by always taking the bus... but I wouldn't mind spending 100K on a car. Make different models that are parked at the very corner (where your character is). 25K, 80K, 140K, amounts like that. I'd even push on private jets, but nah, just getting a car would be cool. Or even a motorcycle. Maybe for charms ?

Idea 4: Deleting contacts, this has definitely been suggested... right ? I just skimmed, could have missed it, but I'm a snob, will not lie, I don't want E or D-listers on my contact anymore because it's pointless. It just makes my list longer than it needs to be.

Idea 5: Walking, I don't particularly like how my guy just stands there. I get it, animating them would be a pain because you have to do all the clothing and it doesn't really kick out much, not a huge 'OMG I NEED THIS' but just something that'd be nice.

Idea 6: Pull out button, kind of like a drop-list, except from the side. Am I the only one that always accidentally clicks Starnews or my wardrobe ? If I am, ignore this, but I really would love to have a little arrow off to the side so that I can tap that for the bar to be pulled out. Why ? I don't ever tap to collect things anymore because I always end up tapping those. It's irritating but I'd like to speed up my energy regeneration by five seconds, thank you very much.

Idea 7: Selling things, okay, I thought of this after I bought my second home (a lie, my sister thought of it). I really don't like that disgusting piece of junk that I paid $500 for in the beginning of the game. It's handy because you can go tap your pets but other than that ? An eyesore, sure you don't have to look at it, but I'd rather get a couple of bucks in my pocket than keep that place. Even if I just got the option to move out. Even so I'd jump the gun for that.

Idea 8: Co-stars & dating material, I'm dating my sister's character and it'd be awesome to get co-star bonuses for when I do films with her character, it's because I can never find action movie people, lol. I mean, in real life it's possible... yes ?

Idea 9: Backgrounds, okay, so I got Stardom: A-Lister after I got this game even though the other is older and I noticed one thing. While in Hollywood the people look WAY better, it seems like the back drops were neglected. A-Lister's backgrounds were superior in my opinion. Hollywood's are still great, but just because you pay more attention to the people doesn't mean that you should ignore the background (coming from the guy that never does background for his art, lol).

Idea 10: Weight customization, soooo, you can really customise your characters... but, not everyone has to be a stick. I personally wouldn't change my man, but what if I wanted to be fat ? I get it "stars don't get fat or they're UGLY", I laugh at those close-minded fools, it's not realistic to say every star must be a stick. Besides, what if we just want to be a bit chubby. Okay, so this isn't really needed at all, the game is cool where it is but nice feature is all.

Idea 11: Colour, colour, colour everywhere ! It's getting late, I'm getting weirder, but anyway, I'd appreciate it if we could have standard colours, but then have customisable colours (a larger range to pick from at least). But you've got to pay more like you're custom ordering it. That would be awesome. Red, red, red everywhere ! Of course this is only available for SOME pieces, not for denim jacket or leopard print pants for the ladies (I know, I know, they come in different colours nowadays). It'd be fun to personalize even more.

Idea 12: Highlights, lowlights & streaks, solid colour of hair, that's great, but it'd be awesome to give characters red streaks or... purple ! Another thing that'd be a massive pain but would be absolutely fabulous for those that are wacky original people (me).

Idea 13: Colour, colour, and more colour ! Not for clothing, but for furniture. Okay, that might be dangerous because I may end up with a bloody red house, but I'd love that. I was looking at the beds and all, but I hated the colours, and the single is just so pathetic. I didn't buy one. My story ? My character sleeps on the couch, lol.

Idea 14: Vacations, this is more of a... I really wish but unlikely, lol. Sometimes I want to take a break from the game (when school starts for sure), and I don't want to lose anything or have my relationships die. It'd be nice to have some sort of vacation mode where you don't have to do anything.

Idea 15: We need more text space here. :p

Comments

  • Options
    Jack SinnettJack Sinnett Registered Users 8 Posts
    Since I capped out at 6000, I'll add new ideas here or in later comments, anyone feel free to add their own ideas. :D
  • Options
    ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    This is HUGE! Love your ideas :]
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    Jack SinnettJack Sinnett Registered Users 8 Posts
    Shiro wrote: »
    This is HUGE! Love your ideas :]

    Thanks ! I've been playing for a few weeks and they've been stacking, lol.
  • Options
    Charrmander93Charrmander93 Registered Users 654 Posts
    A lot of these ideas have been already suggested and I believe you should actually look because it's not fair you post someone else's idea because you're too lazy.
  • Options
    ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    A lot of these ideas have been already suggested and I believe you should actually look because it's not fair you post someone else's idea because you're too lazy.

    I actually think this is fine, or else you'd have to go to every other post that has repeats, even if they weren't lazy.
    For one thing, if he never read the other posts, how could he have posted other people's ideas? They are his own; they are just similar to other people's ideas.
    This is a free forum and it's fine for him to post is own stuff. And even if they are repeats? That just means the idea is a common one that everyone agrees on and hopefully will be implemented someday.
    I can see you finding offense because you think he is too lazy, or maybe you or someone else thought of these ideas first (on this forum), but he just wrote this wall of ideas. I don't see much laziness in that. The point is that they are all great ideas.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    Jack SinnettJack Sinnett Registered Users 8 Posts
    A lot of these ideas have been already suggested and I believe you should actually look because it's not fair you post someone else's idea because you're too lazy.

    It's not someone's else idea ever, reason ? Because lots of people think of the same thing, lol, and I already wrote that they could have been suggested. I never said they were original or anything.

    EDIT: Also ! I'm not going to sit here and search through 55 threads (just figured out where it said how many, lol) to figure out if someone has suggested it. Some ideas are no-brainers, but I listed them anyway because those are personally things I'd like to see. ;)
  • Options
    Charrmander93Charrmander93 Registered Users 654 Posts
    If it has been posted before you should give credit to the original thread. That is fair to everyone on this forum. You posted you didn't want to read any other threads because you are lazy, excatly how is that fair?
  • Options
    Jack SinnettJack Sinnett Registered Users 8 Posts
    If it has been posted before you should give credit to the original thread. That is fair to everyone on this forum. You posted you didn't want to read any other threads because you are lazy, excatly how is that fair?

    I was just looking at the thread "All Great Suggestions!" and I find it funny there are no links to original threads there yet there's no comment about doing so, how is that fair my friend ? :rolleyes: ;)
  • Options
    Charrmander93Charrmander93 Registered Users 654 Posts
    I was just looking at the thread "All Great Suggestions!" and I find it funny there are no links to original threads there yet there's no comment about doing so, how is that fair my friend ? :rolleyes: ;)

    You obviously haven't read the very last comment saying "these people contributed to this post" and Tony has listed all the names he took the ideas from my friend...
  • Options
    ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    If it has been posted before you should give credit to the original thread. That is fair to everyone on this forum. You posted you didn't want to read any other threads because you are lazy, excatly how is that fair?

    You should? SHOULD? Where is that rule...
    It's very considerate that you give credit, but it's not a required action on this forum. I gave credit to people on my thread of suggestions because it was one of the first posts of suggestions here. So a new idea was, well, new.
    But now that there's so many threads, its too hard to figure out who said what first. Now that there's so many suggestions, they will inevitably come back anyways. Also, thinking that someone can own an idea is highly selfish. You should be happy that these suggestions are coming back, because it means it's a mutual idea that everyone agrees on.
    The fact is that it doesn't matter who said it first, but whether or not the ideas are good. If the ideas are good, of COURSE they will be repeated.

    And to the laziness, his goal here was not necessarily to read other people's stuff, but to make his own post of stuff of ideas. He even acknowledges that these ideas have probably been around already, but it doesn't stop him from wanting to make his own post.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    Charrmander93Charrmander93 Registered Users 654 Posts
    Shiro wrote: »
    You should? SHOULD? Where is that rule...
    It's very considerate that you give credit, but it's not a required action on this forum. I gave credit to people on my thread of suggestions because it was one of the first posts of suggestions here. So a new idea was, well, new.
    But now that there's so many threads, its too hard to figure out who said what first. Now that there's so many suggestions, they will inevitably come back anyways. Also, thinking that someone can own an idea is highly selfish. You should be happy that these suggestions are coming back, because it means it's a mutual idea that everyone agrees on.
    The fact is that it doesn't matter who said it first, but whether or not the ideas are good. If the ideas are good, of COURSE they will be repeated.

    And to the laziness, his goal here was not necessarily to read other people's stuff, but to make his own post of stuff of ideas. He even acknowledges that these ideas have probably been around already, but it doesn't stop him from wanting to make his own post.

    Why are you still trying to prove your point here? It is obvious that someone should actually give credit to someone who has already posted the idea already. I have actually contacted a Glu admin and they agree credit and admitting someone else has already posted the idea should be clearly put into a new post when making a post with the exact same idea.
    It is also very clearly pointed out that the person who made the post is indicated.
  • Options
    ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    You obviously haven't read the very last comment saying "these people contributed to this post" and Tony has listed all the names he took the ideas from my friend...

    Yes, I DID THAT TOO. I posted one of the FIRST suggestions, so I felt obligated to list their names because there weren't that many ideas.
    But there's no rule that says you must give credit to the original poster. That work is too tedious and strays away from the fact that this is a FORUM and all ideas are welcome, even if they repeat.
    Who cares if they are repeated, it proves that these suggestions are mutual and everyone agrees on them. You should be happy about that. It's selfish to think that people can OWN ideas and they MUST be credited.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    Why are you still trying to prove your point here? It is obvious that someone should actually give credit to someone who has already posted the idea already. I have actually contacted a Glu admin and they agree credit and admitting someone else has already posted the idea should be clearly put into a new post when making a post with the exact same idea.
    It is also very clearly pointed out that the person who made the post is indicated.

    Oh hey, look at Idea 8 about co-starring with your date?
    Yeah I was the first one to suggest that.
    Do I feel upset? No, I'm happy that someone agrees with me.
    Plus, why would you want to dig 5 months ago to find that one person who said one thing?

    EDIT: Just wait until the forum gets even larger, forcing people to search through hundreds of threads before even posting? That doesn't sound encouraging at all.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    Charrmander93Charrmander93 Registered Users 654 Posts
    shiro wrote: »
    yes, i did that too. I posted one of the first suggestions, so i felt obligated to list their names because there weren't that many ideas.
    But there's no rule that says you must give credit to the original poster. That work is too tedious and strays away from the fact that this is a forum and all ideas are welcome, even if they repeat.
    Who cares if they are repeated, it proves that these suggestions are mutual and everyone agrees on them. You should be happy about that. It's selfish to think that people can own ideas and they must be credited.

    i wasn't taking to you clearly how i quoted jacks comment.
  • Options
    Jack SinnettJack Sinnett Registered Users 8 Posts
    You obviously haven't read the very last comment saying "these people contributed to this post" and Tony has listed all the names he took the ideas from my friend...

    I think... you're taking me far too seriously... lol.

    I can understand where you're coming from, feeling as if I'd just "claimed" I came up with everything and I'm being an inconsiderate jerk for not linking the "original" idea, however, for me it's simple. I already had put a disclaimer at the top that the ideas had most likely been listed, if a person whom reads this wants to support the original post they can go ahead and look for it ! Now it's two minutes to five AM, while I'd love to chat I'm off to bed !
    Shiro wrote: »
    You should? SHOULD? Where is that rule...
    It's very considerate that you give credit, but it's not a required action on this forum. I gave credit to people on my thread of suggestions because it was one of the first posts of suggestions here. So a new idea was, well, new.
    But now that there's so many threads, its too hard to figure out who said what first. Now that there's so many suggestions, they will inevitably come back anyways. Also, thinking that someone can own an idea is highly selfish. You should be happy that these suggestions are coming back, because it means it's a mutual idea that everyone agrees on.
    The fact is that it doesn't matter who said it first, but whether or not the ideas are good. If the ideas are good, of COURSE they will be repeated.

    And to the laziness, his goal here was not necessarily to read other people's stuff, but to make his own post of stuff of ideas. He even acknowledges that these ideas have probably been around already, but it doesn't stop him from wanting to make his own post.

    I'll have to admit the first part really made me laugh, heh. But anyway, thanks for sticking up for me. ;)
  • Options
    Charrmander93Charrmander93 Registered Users 654 Posts
    Shiro wrote: »
    Oh hey, look at Idea 8 about co-starring with your date?
    Yeah I was the first one to suggest that.
    Do I feel upset? No, I'm happy that someone agrees with me.
    Plus, why would you want to dig 5 months ago to find that one person who said one thing?

    It's not just me who agrees you need to look back and make credit. So stop getting on your high horse about things. I was clearly talking to jack at the very start and you felt obliged to make your comments. I was pointing out that credit should be given, there is no need for you to come on here and try and make me change my mind
  • Options
    ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    It's not just me who agrees you need to look back and make credit. So stop getting on your high horse about things. I was clearly talking to jack at the very start and you felt obliged to make your comments. I was pointing out that credit should be given, there is no need for you to come on here and try and make me change my mind

    So I cannot stick up and help someone that I wanna help? Well gee, sorry.

    May I talk to this admin?
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    Charrmander93Charrmander93 Registered Users 654 Posts
    Shiro wrote: »
    So I cannot stick up and help someone that I wanna help? Well gee, sorry.

    May I talk to this admin?

    I was just saying one thing and you had to come at me for saying something that wasn't even threatening or insulting. You have been back all of 5 minutes to this forum and have already tried to make it look like you are the superior one. At the end of the day, I was saying that credit should be given if possible. That IS NOT telling someone off or saying they are not allowed to post anything. I have had enough of this conversation because I am not in the wrong by saying credit is due. Goodbye.
  • Options
    Kush_snipesKush_snipes Registered Users 1,067 Posts
    No need to argue aboit this, the thread starter clearly said the ideas may have been posted here, great minds think alike domt they?.
    If a user knows that a idea being mentioned is their and they were the oroginal poster they can make a post here saying the idea was theres and they could post the link with their idea that was here and at the bottom of the long list we can put credits for them for this idea
    For example:
    credits: shiro, ideas 1, 7 and 9

    I think that will make everyone happy wouldnt it? No need to argue or fight. I do think its just too much tonsearch through hundreds of threads to find the user and give them credit when they possibly wouldnt even care. If they want credit they should post here and provide a link as proof. Remember the more a idea/suggestion gets talked about the more it has a chance of getting added to the game. Users dont make money or get their names added to the game when a suggestion was added to the game, so its no big problem posting other users ideas unless the person says all ideas are his/hers. If they just repost them and clearly say they could have been from other posts then thats fine, like i said if a user wants credit for their idea, post her and provide a link so we know its their idea.
    Have a great day.
    IMG%5D
  • Options
    Charrmander93Charrmander93 Registered Users 654 Posts
    No need to argue aboit this, the thread starter clearly said the ideas may have been posted here, great minds think alike domt they?.
    If a user knows that a idea being mentioned is their and they were the oroginal poster they can make a post here saying the idea was theres and they could post the link with their idea that was here and at the bottom of the long list we can put credits for them for this idea
    For example:
    credits: shiro, ideas 1, 7 and 9

    I think that will make everyone happy wouldnt it? No need to argue or fight. I do think its just too much tonsearch through hundreds of threads to find the user and give them credit when they possibly wouldnt even care. If they want credit they should post here and provide a link as proof. Remember the more a idea/suggestion gets talked about the more it has a chance of getting added to the game. Users dont make money or get their names added to the game when a suggestion was added to the game, so its no big problem posting other users ideas unless the person says all ideas are his/hers. If they just repost them and clearly say they could have been from other posts then thats fine, like i said if a user wants credit for their idea, post her and provide a link so we know its their idea.
    Have a great day.

    I didn't even start the argument, I simply said that everyone should be given credit for the idea they posted first. Shiro went to yell at me for saying so, I wasn't intending on having an argument but Shiro thought so.
  • Options
    Kush_snipesKush_snipes Registered Users 1,067 Posts
    Alright, i just provided a simple way of fixing this issue for users who want credit. That should resolve whatever argument was going on
    IMG%5D
  • Options
    Charrmander93Charrmander93 Registered Users 654 Posts
    Alright, i just provided a simple way of fixing this issue for users who want credit. That should resolve whatever argument was going on

    Okay thanks
  • Options
    Kush_snipesKush_snipes Registered Users 1,067 Posts
    Okay thanks

    No problem at all. Thats what im here for :)
    IMG%5D
  • Options
    Caban73Caban73 Registered Users 33 Posts
    Gosh.. So many things to fight in this world.. And someone picks this to knit pick over..
  • Options
    Kush_snipesKush_snipes Registered Users 1,067 Posts
    Caban73 wrote: »
    Gosh.. So many things to fight in this world.. And someone picks this to knit pick over..

    I agree caban, thats the reason i stepped in, really unnecessary thing to fight about. We all play the game and we all like it. So why fight over it. We need positive talk from it rather than negative
    IMG%5D
  • Options
    Charrmander93Charrmander93 Registered Users 654 Posts
    Caban73 wrote: »
    Gosh.. So many things to fight in this world.. And someone picks this to knit pick over..

    It wasn't a fight and the fact someone has dealt with it you didn't need to comment on it anymore.
  • Options
    ZbjZbj Registered Users 581 Posts
    Great ideas, I'd love to see all of them!
    Beware the green Indian soda, seriously...
    ZBJ101
    ;)
  • Options
    MrPewdieliaMrPewdielia Registered Users 4 Posts
    Add hairs that you can buy without using stars?
Sign In or Register to comment.