Options

How to Get Married

Comments

• Options
    ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    spidyman wrote: »
    One more question I am on level 19 and my max energy is 33 is it right or should it be more as I can see in the pic above on level 17 energy is 36+

if you pick up extra energy from pets, husband, etc. they will add on to your total energy.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    purpleprincess3purpleprincess3 Registered Users 14 Posts
    So, you don't have to date them at all? If you don't, will they break up with you?
  • Options
    So, you don't have to date them at all? If you don't, will they break up with you?

What do you mean you don't have to date them? Like after you marry your husband/wife?

You technically don't have to, and they will only break up with you if they catch you cheating.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    spidymanspidyman Registered Users 30 Posts
    Someone answer this I was stuck on 1249/1250 so I decided to break up by going on a bad date the result was after 4 hours it said bad date and I checked back with my girl and I still had 1249/1250 and no broken heart and no breakup call why so :/ I cant marry her nor can I date her at her house

Do I myself need to buy a house in a good area or something ??
  • Options
    Someone answer this I was stuck on 1249/1250 so I decided to break up by going on a bad date the result was after 4 hours it said bad date and I checked back with my girl and I still had 1249/1250 and no broken heart and no breakup call why so :/ I cant marry her nor can I date her at her house

Do I myself need to buy a house in a good area or something ??

No, you do not need to buy a better house.

Going on one bad date will not get her to break up with you. Being inactive and not dating her will get her to break up with you.
    If you want to break up with her, you need to select 'break up' after you call her on a date. This will reset the relationship meter, but it might give you another chance to get engaged.

And note that after you break up with her, she will disappear from your list for a while so don't panic if you think you've lost her forever (if you still want to date the same girl).

Also make sure you are not dating anyone else on your list, GC friends included. That's anyone who has any progress with the heart meter.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    I didnt date for 3 days still no break up call I guess manual break up will delete her forever as I have tried one with another already
  • Options
    SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    She doesn't disappear forever she just vanished from your contacts for a little while & when she does reappear the relationship progress is reset. Also you'll have to pay stars.

I'm under the impression that android users are still experiencing the glitch so maybe wait until the next update before doing anything drastic :)
  • Options
    murdocksgirlmurdocksgirl Registered Users 1 Posts
    No matter how many dates I go on...and even following directions in this thread i am stuck at 1249/1250....and engaged! I have bbroken up with everyone...and I still have a bunch of people at 0/100. Huh? Help?
  • Options
    The people who at 0/100 have they got a broken heart next to their name? As long as they have that it should work. What device are playing on?
  • Options
    Wait even I have many ppl on my list with 0/100 but no broken heart :/ although I have broken with them :/
  • Options
    Wait even I have many ppl on my list with 0/100 but no broken heart :/ although I have broken with them :/

Don't worry, that's normal. The broken heart only comes up if your date breaks up with you.
    At least, that is my experience.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    Well there is something to worry about I dated another girl and yet my girl 1249/1250 has not broken up with me and I cant marry her also
  • Options
    Well there is something to worry about I dated another girl and yet my girl 1249/1250 has not broken up with me and I cant marry her also

Ah, your numbers are stuck. No heart speech bubble from her or anything? Checked out her place?

And... you want her to break up with you? Why don't you just break up with her then? Sorry if I forgot your specific situation. :\
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    Ok had one more date right now with random and now 1249/1250 has broken I am not sure whether going again with her will result in marriage :/
  • Options
    Ok had one more date right now with random and now 1249/1250 has broken I am not sure whether going again with her will result in marriage :/

You could definitely try.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    Shiro wrote: »
    Ah, your numbers are stuck. No heart speech bubble from her or anything? Checked out her place?

And... you want her to break up with you? Why don't you just break up with her then? Sorry if I forgot your specific situation. :\

Yea was not getting speech or red bubbles so finally broke with her but I still want to marry her what should I do she needs 14 charm stars I can give but I don't want to get stuck again at 1249/1250
    Ps I haven't been able to date with her at her place yet :/
  • Options
    Yea was not getting speech or red bubbles so finally broke with her but I still want to marry her what should I do she needs 14 charm stars I can give but I don't want to get stuck again at 1249/1250
    Ps I haven't been able to date with her at her place yet :/

You know, I really don't recall you really being able to date at the house, they're just there to talk to. But that's my experience.

Well, if she's the one you really want to marry, then there's nothing much you can do but spend the stars. Can't tell you how that will turn out for sure. If that doesn't work you can break up with her yourself and try to start over. Just note that she will leave your contacts for a while after break up but she should come back.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    You know, I really don't recall you really being able to date at the house, they're just there to talk to. But that's my experience.

Well, if she's the one you really want to marry, then there's nothing much you can do but spend the stars. Can't tell you how that will turn out for sure. If that doesn't work you can break up with her yourself and try to start over. Just note that she will leave your contacts for a while after break up but she should come back.

Are you sure she will come back as I have dated a girl already to 500+ when I decided to break with her she never came back on my list
  • Options
    Are you sure she will come back as I have dated a girl already to 500+ when I decided to break with her she never came back on my list

You know now that you mention it, on my alt account none of the girls came back to me either. I just never paid much attention because I was only going for engagement rings. But on my main account, all the guys I dumped came back.

I'm glad you asked that because it make me think about that more. So I guess it's your choice, but if things really don't work out in the end, you might just need to find a new girl :\
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    Hmmm btw does the game ever end ?
  • Options
    Hmmm btw does the game ever end ?

I personally haven't gotten there, but I don't think the game technically ends. Yes, you reach a point where you've come to the end of the story progression but it doesn't mean they cannot add more with updates.

So it's more or less a wait and see if the devteam will make an ending or not for the main storyline. But even if there is an ending there will always be endgame things to do like gigs you can do to earn money, improve on house, dates, and whatnot. There's also achievements you can work for as well. I can even see them leaving up endgame goals like filming certain genres and whatnot.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    Don't worry, that's normal. The broken heart only comes up if your date breaks up with you.
    At least, that is my experience.

That is so weird! When I broke up with people before the update, they all had broken hearts next to them. I've just checked my contacts after reading your comments & now none of them do! O.o

That was obviously a glitch & I will update the post with this :D
  • Options
    That is so weird! When I broke up with people before the update, they all had broken hearts next to them. I've just checked my contacts after reading your comments & now none of them do! O.o

That was obviously a glitch & I will update the post with this :D

Actually, I think it was like this before the update. I remember breaking up very early after starting the game and they had broken hearts too. But after the update I think they stopped doing this so you don't have to spend stars every time you want to date them again.

Also look into the thing about contacts leaving your list after breaking up, I wrote about it somewhere earlier.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    Finally I am on 1250/1250 with my dream girl what next how do I marry I need to go on another date ?
  • Options
    She offered marriage and date ended game got stuck :/ I am still on 1250/1250 with her though
  • Options
    She offered marriage and date ended game got stuck :/ I am still on 1250/1250 with her though

Once you get to 1250, she should have the speech bubble and then you ask to marry her. If you did that, then you are officially engaged, and you should get a ring from it.
    If that didn't work again, try another date and see if it pops up. If not, try checking her house again and see if she has the heart bubble.
    Then you have to get to 2500 to get married.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    Actually, I think it was like this before the update. I remember breaking up very early after starting the game and they had broken hearts too. But after the update I think they stopped doing this so you don't have to spend stars every time you want to date them again.

Also look into the thing about contacts leaving your list after breaking up, I wrote about it somewhere earlier.

I have been looking into that as it is bugging me! I've come across mixed reviews! I'm thinking of testing it but don't wanna screw up my marriage lol! I'll just flirt with a random guy or girl (I'm not picky)

I will be back very soon with the results.
  • Options
    I have been looking into that as it is bugging me! I've come across mixed reviews! I'm thinking of testing it but don't wanna screw up my marriage lol! I'll just flirt with a random guy or girl (I'm nt picky)

I will be back very soon with the results.

Alright. I mean I've spent a lot of time dating on both star and starlet and I never got the broken hearts icons. But for starlet everyone I dump comes back and on star everyone I dump never game back.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options

Shiro is right, as mentioned in the post, your partner should have a heart speech bubble asking you to marry them. Starnews will announce it & Charlene will call when exiting the date.

That's when she'll tell you to go meet the wedding planner at the silver shellfish :)
  • Options
    UPDATE: I just checked my star and they all came back! Took them like a week though... On my starlet it only took them like 5 minutes :\ Or maybe I just missed them earlier. So they definitely come back, it just takes a while.
    dfk75h.jpg