Finally won the awards. !

I have been playing this game since it came out and I have NEVER gotten nominated....
until yesterday. :0
And on the A-List I've gotten nominated so many times -.-
The Stardom gods, thank you for squashing what I hope was a bug.

And I won my first one too. Yippee.
dxxw1i.jpg

And why I wore that hideous dress I don't know. Does it matter what you wear in this game? In the A-List I dress up just in case too lol.

UPDATE: Please tell us how you won your award!
  • Did you get all your lines right?
  • Did you wear hideous dress?
  • Did you get 5 stars on that movie?
  • Did you choose '...' or cross fingers?
We wanna know!
dfk75h.jpg
Prev134

Comments

• SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    Woop-Woop! Congrats! Did you cross your fingers by any chance :p
  • ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts

In both Hollywood and A-list, I don't cross my fingers. Just chose '...'. I also got my quote wrong on accident lol :P
    In the A-list, I crossed my fingers for the first few movies and I always lost so I changed to '...' and now I keep winning !
    dfk75h.jpg
    I think at the beginning you never win which is annoying! But now on hollywood everytime I've been nominated for best actress I've won :| and select cross fingers. But for best supporting I choose ....

It's werid that strategy seems to work for me ^_^ Hopefully you'll win them all now you've won that one :D
    lol interesting! I wonder how much it really matters though :0

dfk75h.jpg
  • mysticmystic Registered Users 233 Posts
    Lucky you i ansewr right but no award until now and this is the third time
    Game center :: mystic.lily
    It will get easier now :) You never win the first few no matter how many stars you get on the project or answering all the questions correctly
  • A2J3A2J3 Registered Users 124 Posts
    Shiro wrote: »
    I have been playing this game since it came out and I have NEVER gotten nominated....
    until yesterday. :0
    And on the A-List I've gotten nominated so many times -.-
    The Stardom gods, thank you for squashing what I hope was a bug.

And I won my first one too. Yippee.
    dxxw1i.jpg

And why I wore that hideous dress I don't know. Does it matter what you wear in this game? In the A-List I dress up just in case too lol.

Congratulations and now that you've one you will be offered more the more 5 star movies you have. Before I restarted I have just received my 6th Best Actress Award and had 1 supporting actress. I never did figure out if crossing your fingers or not made a difference but I absolutely refused to wear that hideous dress. lol
    @Samurai The thing is that you USUALLY don't... I think I'm proof that it can happen :0

@A2J3 Thank you :0 Wow that's a lot of nominations... and what level were you? Because I'm at a pretty high level with Max still refusing to represent me (I only want to for the last mansion lol) and I'm just now getting nominated.... so yeah. Hopefully things get rolling. And yeah... I think I'll still wear it JUST in case.... sob
    dfk75h.jpg
    If you haven't been invited to the mansion yet it's after you do a film called open mike if I remember rightly ^_^ you'll be invited by Charlene to the mansion & that's where you'll meet max
    Yeah I've already read up on it a lot because it has not happened to me at all...

Max still wont represent me. It's annoying. I'm not that bad of a starlet :<
    I only want Max to represent me so I can get the mansion LOL
    Then I probably go back to Arnie and be a nice person. :B
    dfk75h.jpg
    Glad you done your research! Just keep an eye out for that Open Mike Film once you've got that you'll be able I have that mansion :D

Haha! I'm sure you're not :3 Ohhh and you don't need to have max as your agent if you only want that mansion. I just went with him as I got caught up in the moment. I miss Arnie with his cheese grills :(
    Oh alright. I read everywhere else that they had Max before getting the movie so that's just what I assumed lol

Well in that case, screw Max LOL. He's my agent in A-List and I miss Arnie... :[ I'm still leaving him as an option for when I get tired of Max though lol.

I just read that it's a time travel movie, but whatever I guess I just haven't gotten there yet lol.
    dfk75h.jpg
    Ohh now that is interesting as the opposite happened to me & read it in another forum as well!

Tbh I think it works differently for people so it's not continuous throughout which is slightly annoying! You'll get it eventually :) He's always good as a back up!
    It's very possible that I misread, or other people do indeed get it differently. oh well lol

hopefully :\
    dfk75h.jpg
  • A2J3A2J3 Registered Users 124 Posts
    @Samurai The thing is that you USUALLY don't... I think I'm proof that it can happen :0

@A2J3 Thank you :0 Wow that's a lot of nominations... and what level were you? Because I'm at a pretty high level with Max still refusing to represent me (I only want to for the last mansion lol) and I'm just now getting nominated.... so yeah. Hopefully things get rolling. And yeah... I think I'll still wear it JUST in case.... sob

I don't remember for sure what level I was when I received my first one but I was with Max but my last one was level 26 before I messed up my game.:D
  • QueenlaveraQueenlavera Registered Users 24 Posts
    For me I got Max after the movie time alien.
    Add me on GC: queenlavera
    For me I got Max after the movie time alien.

Yeah I'm about to film that movie... I dunno I might hang out with Max for a bit to get more awards lol.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Avilawesley7Avilawesley7 Registered Users 365 Posts
    A2J3 wrote: »
    Congratulations and now that you've one you will be offered more the more 5 star movies you have. Before I restarted I have just received my 6th Best Actress Award and had 1 supporting actress. I never did figure out if crossing your fingers or not made a difference but I absolutely refused to wear that hideous dress. lol
    can you tell me how did you add this pic to the forum
    can you tell me how did you add this pic to the forum

You can add pictures by typing this (with no spaces):

URL of Picture goes here

tinypic.com and photobucket.com are easy websites to get your pictures online with URLs.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Charrmander93Charrmander93 Registered Users 654 Posts
    I am still yet to win an award on my new game, I have gotten all questions right and nothing! Poo :(
    I did win heaps in my first game though, strange!
    I am still yet to win an award on my new game, I have gotten all questions right and nothing! Poo :(
    I did win heaps in my first game though, strange!

Yeah definitely, I really want to know if there's a whole strategy to it... whether it's rating, your actions at the ceremony, or pure randomness lol. You'll win one eventually :]

I got nominated for my second movie yesterday, I hope I win :\
    dfk75h.jpg
  • TonyPoeHoTonyPoeHo Registered Users 239 Posts
    Yeah I'm about to film that movie... I dunno I might hang out with Max for a bit to get more awards lol.

That movies a pain the in rear! I think there were three parts of 24/48 hour films I had to cast in! After finishing, you should very likely get an nomination! That's the first award I've ever won so...

& does Max increase your chances of gettin nominated?
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -*POW*- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -~Gone With The Wind~- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Add Me On GameCenter @ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - "TonyPoeHo" - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    TonyPoeHo wrote: »
    That movies a pain the in rear! I think there were three parts of 24/48 hour films I had to cast in! After finishing, you should very likely get an nomination! That's the first award I've ever won so...

& does Max increase your chances of gettin nominated?

Yeah I finished the Time Alien and I think I've only gotten to the thought that a sequel will be made.

Nominations happen with 8hr+ for Best Co-actor/actress and 24+ hr for Best Actor/Actress. This is what happens in The A-List, and I think this applies here too (at least the 24hr+ Best Actor/Actress.)

Max himself doesn't increase your chances, but since he tends to give lots of 8-24hr and 48hr movies the chances are higher.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • TonyPoeHoTonyPoeHo Registered Users 239 Posts
    Yeah I finished the Time Alien and I think I've only gotten to the thought that a sequel will be made.

Nominations happen with 8hr+ for Best Co-actor/actress and 24+ hr for Best Actor/Actress. This is what happens in The A-List, and I think this applies here too (at least the 24hr+ Best Actor/Actress.)

Max himself doesn't increase your chances, but since he tends to give lots of 8-24hr and 48hr movies the chances are higher.

Oh I see! After the sequel, talks of another long movie will be brought upon hehe.

That's interesting! I guess it makes sense that way.

Lol because he wants to make us rich, but yeah I've tend to noticed that ever since siding with him.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -*POW*- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -~Gone With The Wind~- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Add Me On GameCenter @ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - "TonyPoeHo" - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • ana890ana890 Registered Users 15 Posts
    i actually won my first nomination too. it was best actress for The Wooden Cuckoo. I wore the hideous dress too so i dunno if it's a lucky charm or something. lol. i doubt it. but i had 5 star rating and got all the questions right and clicked "..." instead of "cross fingers"

btw, i could not believe the presenter girl stole my hairstyle! she was just one lip augmentation away from having my face. lol

[IMG][/img]4fddce46-3c73-464a-aa64-c917cd22b1fb_zpsea51c5e0.jpg
    ana890 wrote: »
    i actually won my first nomination too. it was best actress for The Wooden Cuckoo. I wore the hideous dress too so i dunno if it's a lucky charm or something. lol. i doubt it. but i had 5 star rating and got all the questions right and clicked "..." instead of "cross fingers"

btw, i could not believe the presenter girl stole my hairstyle! she was just one lip augmentation away from having my face. lol

Congratulations! Looks like we had the same thing :0 For the same movie too!
    I also had 5 star and I always do '...' on the A-list so I do it here too.
    I'm still probably gonna wear the hideous dress anyways because you never know lol.

Lol to the hairstyle! It must be popular in your game ;P
    dfk75h.jpg
  • ana890ana890 Registered Users 15 Posts
    Congratulations! Looks like we had the same thing :0 For the same movie too!
    I also had 5 star and I always do '...' on the A-list so I do it here too.
    I'm still probably gonna wear the hideous dress anyways because you never know lol.

Lol to the hairstyle! It must be popular in your game ;P

oh thanks. and excuse my manners- congratulations to you too! :D
    ana890 wrote: »
    oh thanks. and excuse my manners- congratulations to you too! :D

ahh, it's fine. You were too excited for your own win! xD
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Charrmander93Charrmander93 Registered Users 654 Posts
    Ana you look just like the presenter! Haha thats so weird!!
  • mysticmystic Registered Users 233 Posts
    I finally won on my fourth time
    best actress for time aliens 2
    i didnt wear that dress i just kept what i was wearing and i crossed my fingers
    guess it can be random at times
    Game center :: mystic.lily