Finally won the awards. !

124Next

Comments

• ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    Very interesting! '...' always seems to work for me. But as i stated in my last experiment, I think your fate is predetermined from even before entering the theater :0
    dfk75h.jpg
  • StackPackStackPack Registered Users 1 Posts
    I am pretty new to stardom(started earlier this month), and have played both games. However, I strongly enjoy Stardom: The A List and do not enjoy Stardom: Hollywood nearly as much. Now to the subject of the matter. The first time I was nominated I was nominated for best supporting and I wore the hideous dress, answered one question wrong, crossed my fingers, only got 3 stars, and lost. The nomination was for The Life Sapling and I was only C or B list. I am currently B list and have been nominated for best supporting today for Lonely in Los Angles which I had 5 stars on. I think I am going to go with trying to answer both questions right, wearing the dress, and picking "...". Oh and I am level 13 and am around halfway to A list. I will try to remember to post my results tomorrow. This is on Stardom: The A List by the way. (I think my results show that you can also be nominated with 3 stars, and that you do not need to be A list to be nominated). I know it isn't on the Hollywood side, but I'm curious to see if my information will help in any way.
    Both are wonderful games, but The A-List does indeed have much better aspects that a lot of people tend to overlook :]

The methods to nomination are a little different, and I have been nominated for horrible rated movies in The A-List but never Hollywood. Thanks for the information, any information helps :]
    dfk75h.jpg
  • ZbjZbj Registered Users 581 Posts
    So, I went to an award show today, and I won. I thought I could share some information.
    • I got both questions wrong.
    • I chose "…"
    • I didn't wear Charlene's dress
    • I got 3 stars on the project

Hope this helps! :]
    Beware the green Indian soda, seriously...
    ZBJ101
    ;)
  • HollywoodStarletsHollywoodStarlets Registered Users 200 Posts
    Congrats!

I have, if I'm right, four awards. On my first time I got my lines right wore the mustard-colored dress and I had four stars on the movie. For the other times, I just guessed on the lines! :rolleyes:
    ----
    HollywoodStarlets

Add me on Game Center: HollywoodStarlets
  • Icy.IvyIcy.Ivy Registered Users 3 Posts
    Hey I wore like weird stuff to the star awards and won anyways, I wore a bikini for Bikini Bash Blitz and picked "..." I got my first star wards today
    Congrats! Sounds awesome, though I dunno if this would approve in real life xD
    dfk75h.jpg
  • SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    Icy.Ivy wrote: »
    Hey I wore like weird stuff to the star awards and won anyways, I wore a bikini for Bikini Bash Blitz and picked "..." I got my first star wards today

That's pretty funny! They obviously approved your outfit :p I'm gonna try it next time I get nominated xD
  • SJ_RSJ_R Registered Users 80 Posts
    Hey, I just won my first today, for 'Captive', an action film; it was four or five stars, I think five. I wore a purple dress (having just come from a film set then date), got the first question wrong but second right, and I can't quite remember because I wasn't expecting to win, but I think I went for '...' (wish we could replay the ceremony if we win, I want to remember it always), after two other nominations. I do think it's completely random; I was an A-lister with something like 98 million fans (up to 101 million now).
    My Game Center name is Jade Crown, and my KKH doll is Sanyu. Will happily gift any new friends; just message me to ask!
    Congrats on your first win :D Oh yeahh! I remember Captive, I can't remember whether I won an award for it though, don't think I did. Would be cool to replay the ceremony :3

Your fate is definitely decided before you are nominated. In fact I'm sure somewhere in this post Shiro mentioned your fate is decided way before you are nominated I think.
    You can check to see if you won it in your trophies tab Samurai!

Yup. Tried and tested, at least when you are in the building. So your fate is decided once you enter the building and your responses in the building do not really matter. The questions can't really be tested efficiently but it's been confirmed for at least entering the building.
    dfk75h.jpg
    Yeah I know :3 I just haven't logged into Hollywood today xD
    I have just won my fifth Best Supporting Actress award and noticed something...

I have found in the past when the nominees are announced, the audience clap for certain characters and not for others. There have been a few times when it fell silent when my name came up and times when they would.

For me it seems as though they clap if I am going to win xD It's probably coincidence but thought I'd share :o

P.S I didn't win an award for Captive :3
  • casualcrueltycasualcruelty Registered Users 1 Posts
    So I just finished my first STAR awards tonight. I was nominated for Best Actress for The Wooden Cuckoo. I'm on the A-List, Level 13. I didn't really expect to win, and I didn't. �� I've been reading all the responses to this thread, and I thought I'd share. I wore the stupid dress, I got both questions right and I did the '...' thing. But what I've never heard anyone mention is creating buzz. I don't think I created enough soo...poo. But everything's okay, 'cause there are other award nights, right? And at least my rival didn't win lol. ��
    The buzz was just added in the last update so there wouldn't be anything about the buzz in this thread right now :P

The buzz did make it a little harder to win the awards so it's okay :] There are tons of awards nights! The Wooden Cuckoo is just the first one that happens :P LOL exactly, as long as the rival loses too x3
    dfk75h.jpg
  • TylerPurryTylerPurry Registered Users 99 Posts
    A2J3 wrote: »
    Congratulations and now that you've one you will be offered more the more 5 star movies you have. Before I restarted I have just received my 6th Best Actress Award and had 1 supporting actress. I never did figure out if crossing your fingers or not made a difference but I absolutely refused to wear that hideous dress. lol

Haha x congrats :) I love the dress btw x I have never won but I think I could get nominated again because ATM I'm doing like 4 things, lol x
    ➴Nature has fixed no limits on our hopes.♬
    TylerPurry wrote: »
    Haha x congrats :) I love the dress btw x I have never won but I think I could get nominated again because ATM I'm doing like 4 things, lol x

Haha while like we've said you just have to film The Wooden Cuckoo in order to start getting nominated ^_^
    dfk75h.jpg
  • TylerPurryTylerPurry Registered Users 99 Posts
    Shiro wrote: »
    Haha while like we've said you just have to film The Wooden Cuckoo in order to start getting nominated ^_^

It feels like I have filmed it but I dunno lol :o
    ➴Nature has fixed no limits on our hopes.♬
    Well if you have filmed it, just keep getting 4-5 stars on 8-48 hour projects and you will be nominated eventually.

Best way to know if you have for sure is to go to the Awards tab. You can find this by clicking on the Goals icon in the menu at the bottom. This keeps a record of all projects you have been nominated for. If you have done The Wooden Cuckoo, it will be listed there.