Attention Stardom Community!

Hello stars and starlets :)

Lately I have finally been using mod powers to try to clean up a couple posts. But I have now decided to actually start heavily organizing posts, merging posts, etc to try to make this place a little more organized, clean, and simple. This way nice posts dont get bumped down by repeating or irrelevate threads in specific forum and is less cluttered. Do not be alarmed if your post has merged or moved to a different forum. It is all for the good of the forum.

If anyone has any objection to this, please state your reasons. If not, well, then you dont I guess xD
Happy Stardom!
dfk75h.jpg
Prev1

Comments

• Molly1Molly1 Registered Users 107 Posts
    wow.......
  • ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    cant tell if negative or positive feedback? :<
    dfk75h.jpg
    Well, its good that you want to clean up the forums a bit. But maybe the things people post on here are as important to them , as yours are to you.
    It's not like they're being deleted or anything. Just moving to other threads that essentially ask the same questions (and frankly, we give the same answers). I've been wanting to do this for a while because there are people who will post the same question as the next person back to back. A lot of people seem to not poke around enough to find out the answer to their question may be at the top of the forums. It gets cluttered, messy, and again, we just end up sounding like a broken record.

A lot of people also tend to only name their posts "plz help" or something, which makes it hard to search for similar questions.

I'm also just moving posts for relevance. There are a lot of FAQ questions in Open Discussion that should be moved to FAQ. It's a designated area for questions and makes it easier for people to find other questions similar to theirs.

Also like, adding friends posts. There are a whole bunch of those. Why not just put it all into one or two big threads so people don't have to search for multiple threads just to find out this one friend thread only has two or three names in them? Then they either just make a new post or have to keep searching.

I'm keeping the integrity of people's posts, just moving them to easier locations to better access them for people. :] I hope this is a decent reply to your reasoning. I guess I should have explained myself better in the initial post!

As for myself (since you mentioned me), I rarely post my own stuff. And when I do, I make sure I'm in the right forum and I make sure the question hasn't been asked already. And anything else I post is really for the community. So if I were to post something in the wrong forum or post a repetitive post, I would love to have my post moved for the sake of keeping the forums clean.

I've already started to move and merge some posts. If any other reasons come up, I can stop but to be honest it wont do any good to just sit here and do nothing while the forums get cluttered and unorganized.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • ZbjZbj Registered Users 581 Posts
    I think this is good. :) You're using your powers wisely.
    Beware the green Indian soda, seriously...
    ZBJ101
    ;)
  • SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    I was actually going to discuss this with Shiro, in the new year and of course the Stardom Community. I was thinking pretty much the same as Shiro too. But mainly with repetitive posts such as studio locations and adding friends. Helpful posts filled with tips and advice could remain as they are but made easier to locate. No one's posts would be deleted and if anything would be made more accessible to the community :)

Would really appreciate feedback from community in regards to this after all, this is being considered for the forums benefit, but obviously if this does or does not appeal to you all please share :D
    Pretty much. The majority I've done today was move questions in Open Discussion to the FAQ forums. I've even moved some threads in FAQ to Open Discussion because they weren't really asking questions, but discussing aspects the game.

So this little bit of moving and merging was a preview and hopefully you, the community, like what is happening so far. You might not even notice it's happened! Any feedback is appreciated. I've explained my reasoning already, so if it doesn't appeal, please let us know!
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Princess284Princess284 Registered Users 29 Posts
    I think it will help. Being new to the game and board, a lot of the threads are the same. And if I want to see something more specific, I find it hard to find.
    Maybe more subfolders ... One that's all about the quests, a board for people to add each other to the game, one on customization of characters where people can show off their characters... I dunno.
    I think you'll make a great improvement for the board. I'm excited!
    Welcome to the forums @Princess284
  • Princess284Princess284 Registered Users 29 Posts
    Thanks!!! :D
    I think it will help. Being new to the game and board, a lot of the threads are the same. And if I want to see something more specific, I find it hard to find.
    Maybe more subfolders ... One that's all about the quests, a board for people to add each other to the game, one on customization of characters where people can show off their characters... I dunno.
    I think you'll make a great improvement for the board. I'm excited!

Uhhh, I'm not sure we have THAT kind of power but I'm glad you like the concept. xD Samurai and I will thoroughly discuss it later after the busy holiday so hopefully we can use what we have to our fullest potential :P

Thanks for the feedback! :] The changes will be very subtle so don't expect like a revamp or anything haha. We're only mods. (But if we WERE admins, then sure.... xD)
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Kush_snipesKush_snipes Registered Users 1,067 Posts
    Got a question, how would people know where their posts have been moved too?
    IMG%5D
    They can always see their own posts from their profile pages. Besides, there's only three threads. FAQ and OD are the most common, so if it's not in one place, it's in the other.

Posters would also hopefully understand that if their post was a question and its in OD, chances are its in FAQ, and of course if their post was more of a discussion thread posted in FAQ, it's likely to be in OD.
    dfk75h.jpg
    I mean merging posts :p only one title can be kept so they would be looking for the wrong one. But yea im sure someone could find it on their profile
    IMG%5D
    Yeah, the separate posts would still be logged to their profiles. :0
    dfk75h.jpg
    We was only thinking of merging the friend request threads mainly, as there are loads of them xD If they were all in one place, members can add and browse through them all without having to go to 4 different posts :D
    We was only thinking of merging the friend request threads mainly, as there are loads of them xD If they were all in one place, members can add and browse though them all without having to go to 4 different posts :D

Why not have one of us make a post that says something about "being friends" and the every post that is made about wanting more friends or to add their players can be moved to the thread we have made. The thread starting post should explain that all posts about making new friends, adding other, etc, will be moved to that one place for the benefit of everyone.

Also to you two new moderators, long time no see huh? Hahaha
    IMG%5D
    Yeah that's what we had in mind pretty much. :]

Yes! You disappeared. Again. lol
    dfk75h.jpg
    Got the new ipad air, should be on more, hope you two been having fun being mods, i know you two have put in a lot of work, if you ever have questions just ask :)
    IMG%5D
    Hit the nail on the head there, Kush xD Great minds think alike!

Yeah, mannn!! You vanished. Again, dude! You have missed tons :p
    Hit the nail on the head there, Kush xD Great minds think alike!

Yeah, mannn!! You vanished. Again, dude! You have missed tons :p

Just like i posted on the thread welcoming you two as moderators "We were playing a very long game of hide and seek with you two, seems you and sam forgot to find me "
    IMG%5D
    Got the new ipad air, should be on more, hope you two been having fun being mods, i know you two have put in a lot of work, if you ever have questions just ask :)

I'm not jealous. At all... Not much... Ok... I'm really jealous! WAHHH! xD Santa didn't give me one of those this year. Great to read that you will be on here more often ^_^

Hehe! I;ve not actually had a chance to check out much of the Mod stuff yet, with the holidays and everything I've been super busy! But in the New Year I;m hoping to knuckle down with it all.

Aww thank you!! I actually will have some questions, so expect an message from me with a whole list of questions xD
    Then I mentioned that they were lies. You poofed! CHEATED! :P

Yeah we're gonna be doing more work after holidays cause busy and stuff lol
    dfk75h.jpg
    I'm not jealous. At all... Not much... Ok... I'm really jealous! WAHHH! xD Santa didn't give me one of those this year. Great to read that you will be on here more often ^_^

Hehe! I;ve not actually had a chance to check out much of the Mod stuff yet, with the holidays and everything I've been super busy! But in the New Year I;m hoping to knuckle down with it all.

Aww thank you!! I actually will have some questions, so expect an message from me with a whole list of questions xD

Haha cant wait to see your amazing list of questions haha :)
    IMG%5D
    Shiro wrote: »
    Then I mentioned that they were lies. You poofed! CHEATED! :P

Yeah we're gonna be doing more work after holidays cause busy and stuff lol

Check again shiro :p
    IMG%5D
    now you check LOL :P
    dfk75h.jpg
    I already posted back, i am the master !
    IMG%5D
    I think you'll find I'm the master :p After all I'm the Samurai of typo errors, no one can beat that xD
    I just noticed yesterday that there is a little piece of something white on my screen and I can't tell what it is, it's really really tiny, it annoys me so much, I might just go to the apple store and ask for a new one xD, sorry to change the subject to something to random but it annoys me so much ima have them give me another iPad xD
    IMG%5D
    Nah, I'm the master too! I have both MERB and MMNS statuss...ses. SO HA. xD

Oh ew, thats kinda gross lol.
    dfk75h.jpg