Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

THIS COULD SAVE FACE IN THIS GAME

SKIZZYSKIZZY Registered Users 40 Posts
Ok I'm a very active gamer playing online games for years now. And never came across such a fun and detailed car game such as this. I've played the others out there and by far this game by cie tops the cake. From graphics to the tune and set up of the cars. And the idea of new tours every week keeps the game from getting boring. But out of all this greatness there seems to be one huge fall back that kill the game play for everybody . " scammers" you know it. I know it. And everybody who has played this more then a few hours knows it. You see it in the lobby's , in your crew chat.and all over these offsite forums. This guy scammed this guy this guy lied to me so on and so on. I've seen players that have dedicated TIME& MONEY drop this game with out a second thought. Once you get scammed it just leaves a sour taste in your mouth and leaves you in distress. I've even also got scammed the first day I was playing and right there almost gave this wonderful game up. With out even giving it a chance. Now from a business stand point if you run a business and your customers are leavening due to something wrong, like say for example you own a cafe/ restaurant and your guest are leavening the grounds befor entering the front door due to a bum that's out side haggling and harassing your customers. I'm sure as a owner you would take charge and remove or do something about the situation. We'll that's how I feel about all these scammers there ruining this great game and everyone's morals that play. Now we all know that selling and trading has become just as big as racing in this game. Everybody wants cash cars and parts with out haveing to depend on career or a few bets to pay for it all. So here it comes my big huge grand idea!!!!!! Make a auction house in this game idk call it a used car lot. And this is how it works make a side room that allows players to place there cars on a list for all to see. To sell a car a player must pay the game 10% of there asking price. So to put a a car on the list so for example if you want to sell your car for a 100k you have to pay the game 10k to throw it up in the auction house. Now that the room dosent fill with unwanted cars you cars will be placed on the list for only a 24hr period. If u want it up for 48 hrs it cost 15% to list and the last for 20%'of your asking price it will be placed on the list for 72hrs .. If your car isn't bought by this time period it will be given back to you. And you can re apply your car to the list. This way there's no scammes no back door deals and there's finally a safe and legit way to make your money. If this was on the game there would be no more emails and tickets sent about who scammed who..... Plz really think about this idea I believe it will save this games face

Comments

• Options
    Mud DiggerMud Digger Registered Users 1,928 Posts
    An auction house won't do away with people scamming new players.. It'll most deff improve the game no doubt about it. But people will still get scammed. We've all seen the famous, "I'm quitting the game.." BS, and everyday noobs fall for it. So as bad ass as an auction house or used car lot (whatever) will be and I would like to see one, it won't stop pos people from scamming.
  • Options
    Mud digger it would all be controlled by a room. If the player takes an outside risk that's on them and should reframe from dealing out side of the used car lot. I see what you mean by there will always be scammers and ur 100% right but....if all trades and sell are in a controlled envirment it will be hard to scam
  • Options
    And for goldenbear I'd have to pick number one above all just a safe and secure way to trade and sell is what would be nice it's what this game needs is safety for players, Also if a auction house is not a way. I also thought of this = a trade window a tab that u can press on a players profile to go into a secure trade window . There will be a box of to the side. That each play can see you can put your car ur selling in the box and the player can put there money in it you will both be able to see what the other is offering once a deal is come to and agreement A player can press a confirm trade button wich will bring both party's offer into a final trade window once it's in this window you only have two options confirm trade or cancel once confirmed the trade will be complete if cancelled it closes the hole trade window. This might be simpler and more effective
  • Options
    Weak SósWeak Sós Registered Users 6 Posts
    Idk if anyone else has played Homerun battle 2 3D, it's another addicting iOS game, but when it loads it has a couple of messages that scroll across the screen, outlining player conduct/misconduct and a few short warnings. Just a simple message meant mainly for new players stating "if anyone offers you a free car...." Such and such or something to that effect where it will at least make them aware of the situation before they fall for it, could also save a lot of headaches and disappointment. On that game also, it states any misconduct outlined results in a ban or something like that. Even though trades and sales aren't technically supported in RR, they shouldn't be considered misconduct , unless one player got tricked into something. The situation is the same with the other game, constant hacking and cheating yet everything is at your own risk, however, they come down on the players that abuse or misuse the games facilities. Of course they can make a new account, but each time they start over- which would also be the case here. Except since no one gets banned for misconduct, the scammers simply transfer the cars to a new account and aren't forced to start from fresh. Sometimes you have to cross that gray line and make adjustments to provide a fair and fun environment and not one that will turn people away, while leaving loopholes for scammers to continue their scams. The way I see it is as long as they are able to move their stolen cars then there's no stopping it. Small changes without having to implement a new system for trading like the startup messages, minor changes in admin stances on trading, and showing authoritative action when a situation can be proven, I.e. Screenshots, and thereafter putting a kink in the transferring of scammed cars between throw away accounts- and soon enough there should be a lot less scamming, and there won't be this monkey on anyone's shoulder. I'm not saying replace the cars that got scammed since technically trades are as is, but make it a lot more difficult for those scammers to keep slipping around in between these cracks by not changing the standpoint on trades- just establish a standpoint and course of action on player conduct. Thanks and sorry to write so much, this scamming thing is already way out of hand.
  • Options
    Dankness420Dankness420 Registered Users 266 Posts
    Just making trading part of the game and start banning scammers simple as that, or make a simple trade interface and the problem is solved.

So many people are pissed about scammers... this has been going on for months and all CIE says is we'll look into it, and add something in the future. I made a thread like this a few months ago and nothing happend they just blow smoke up your ***.

I love this game as well but its just annoying when you see CIE making bank of the game, and not really even listening to the paying customers.
  • Options
    [RR] Foxx[RR] Foxx Moderators 2,164 Posts
    I'm hurt that you think we dont listen. I'll tell you what, you tell me what you think a normal day is for us, and how long it takes to make something, lets say a "trading system". Then ill tell you what we actually do in a day and how big our list of "to-do" actually is. Not to mention all the red tape.
  • Options
    ☝️yes I also agree with the the two above. I also run a business of my own. And don't we all wish every thing was easy as a simple mouse click. But unfortenly life is not like how the staples commercials portray with a big huge easy button. Or " like a good nahiboor racing rivals is there..... With a trade window" BOOM! Both parts are doing there sides and by commenting and posting and doing are part will only show how much the customers actually need this idea to come thru. Remember this hole site is here for communication. As long as we keep that and the idea alive I'm positive something will be done in time. We must appreciate the time these dev team members take time out of there day to read each email and each comment and be able to reply. Not only do that have a job to do and a life to live they sit there and read everybody's emails that's like a teacher gradeing a10000 papers that are all about he said she said bull****. So from me and the many people who appreciate your time THANK YOU FOXX AND GOLDENBEAR
  • Options
    o0OMorrisO0oo0OMorrisO0o Registered Users 39 Posts
    I would think they would implement this idea. They would be crazy not too. I do not know the time involved for something like that nor do I pretend to so I guess we all should give them time. However if its a year down the doad and still no auction type feature... Ummm.. It would be a WTF moment...lol
  • Options
    Totally agree with you Morris
  • Options
    [RR] Foxx[RR] Foxx Moderators 2,164 Posts
    See, when we launched Rivals we had no idea the massive in-game economy it would create. We were comfortable giving the power to the player as far as losing their cars, we expected trades to happen, but we didnt expect it to blow up like it did with scammers, exploits, account transfers, mass sales, real $$ sales, etc. When we started to see this happen, we fixed all the holes but the base system was still hurting because of scammers, accounts transfers, and large sales. At this point we could have stopped and said, guys we need a trading system lets get on it. But we were half way through developing Turf Wars and thought this would give the majority of users a new fun thing to do. So it took priority over smaller features like Trading System. To this day trading system is on the top of our list along with garage organizer, friend management, tons more single player content, ways to earn currency, different types of features...im not going to spoil them all. But we're split trying to bring the game to Android (soon) so once the full team is focused on feature development you can expect to see alot, and you can expect to see it often.
  • Options
    Dankness420Dankness420 Registered Users 266 Posts
    [QUOTE=[RR] Foxx;n49755]I'm hurt that you think we dont listen. I'll tell you what, you tell me what you think a normal day is for us, and how long it takes to make something, lets say a "trading system". Then ill tell you what we actually do in a day and how big our list of "to-do" actually is. Not to mention all the red tape.[/QUOTE]

Oh okay good to hear you guy's do listen, maybe I jumped the gun with my comment and I do understand things do take time but I've just seen alot of people pissed latley and not much happening or changing.

and I just read your last comment and that makes alot of sense thanks for clearing things up, and I know how you guy's real about the economy and real $ sales. Good to hear your working on it for the Android so we can have some new racers joining.

And I get what your saying about the Trade screen but its more of a need right now In my opinion, people are scared to do any trades now even with legit members, and the prices of gem cars are dropping rapidly because of it, a furari won't even sell for 10m as of now, 1 month ago it was going for 18m no problem.